TSX Sightings

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003 | 03:15 PM
Stuck in Purgatory

Re: Waiting, waiting, waiting

Originally posted by TSX_Pgh

Speed Demon, hope to join you soon cruising the streets of Pittsburgh, dodging orange barrels.

I'm more than happy to accept any advice/comments before I take delivery.
TSX_Pgh - which dealership did you order from? I got mine from Baierl. They did a dealer trade in order to get my car this soon; otherwise I had to wait until Labor Day, when their next SSM/Ebony/NAV/AT comes in.

Good luck, I understand the agony of waiting all too well!
Old 08-02-2003 | 03:49 PM
I love my TSX!

Originally posted by bowersan
.... im sure some of the consumers ready to step up from the EL level but arent ready for a TL sized car are loving their TSXs.

J
that is exactly me bowersan....ex-1.6el owner. going to miss it's great mileage though...:'(
Old 08-02-2003 | 10:44 PM
Cruisin'

I saw three today, which was pretty amazing, since I've only seen two on the road prior to today (both were blue, and could have possibly been the same car since it was in the same area of town).

Today's sightings were 2 satin silver, 1 white.

I have yet to see a CG! (which is what I have on order)

dg.
Old 08-02-2003 | 10:47 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by DesignGuy
I saw three today, which was pretty amazing, since I've only seen two on the road prior to today (both were blue, and could have possibly been the same car since it was in the same area of town).

Today's sightings were 2 satin silver, 1 white.

I have yet to see a CG! (which is what I have on order)

dg.
Where did you see the SSM's? I was out today, but not much ... on Six Forks Rd. In fact - I pulled up right next to a SSM CL-S (used to own that exact car) and didn't even get a look from the guy ... some Acura owners are just not in to the "club" thing I guess ... I just wanted to give him a thumbs up
Old 08-02-2003 | 11:48 PM
Burning Brakes

I saw a red TSX today. It was parked in front of Palo Alto Hardware Store on Alma Street around 2:00 this afternoon. I was travelling in a friend's car and didn't have time to look more closely. The red looked very bright in direct sunlight.
Old 08-02-2003 | 11:51 PM
has been here awhile

Okay...here's my spotting:

Place: Orchards, WA McDonald's
Date: August 1, 2003
Time: 11:15 AM
Vehicle: Carbon Grey TSX w/ Nav

Is this anyone here?

SPUDMTN
Old 08-03-2003 | 08:53 PM
Cruisin'

Speed Demon Response

Speed, I ordered from the new Spitzer Acura in Peters Twp. I live in Mt. Lebanon, and was out that way so I stopped in and started to talking to a salesman. Went for a test drive, and next thing you know, I'm talking numbers with the guy. I'm taking a small hit on the lease, but they gave me a higher payoff, and took some off MSRP. The salesman's been great, real laid back, no pressure. Then again, with this car, no pressure is needed.

I'm going to miss the V6 in my Maxima, but IMO the TSX is a better car overall. If anyone else has gone from a Maxima or similar-type car, I'd love to hear some feedback.
Old 08-03-2003 | 09:19 PM
Advanced

Re: Speed Demon Response

I'm going to miss the V6 in my Maxima, but IMO the TSX is a better car overall. If anyone else has gone from a Maxima or similar-type car, I'd love to hear some feedback.
FWIW, my brother owns a 2003 Maxima. The first comment he when seeing my TSX was "Gee, I wish this was out when I was car shopping!"

Old 08-03-2003 | 10:25 PM
Cruisin'

Gregor, thanks for the reply, but you're making the waiting process even worse! Glad to see it was not just me. Nissan's have been good to me over the years, but I am very confident the "T" is going to blow it away. I see Maxima's all over Pgh, but still have only seen one TSX. I've seen more Aston Martin's in the past week than TSX's, it's ridiculous!!!

Did you brother point out anything specifically or was it just the pure beauty of the car?
Old 08-04-2003 | 06:40 AM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by provench
Where did you see the SSM's? I was out today, but not much ... on Six Forks Rd.
The first SSM was on Kildaire Farm Rd. in Cary, turning left onto Tryon Rd. (w/ 90-day tags). The second one was at Crabtree Valley, parked (had the ebony interior).

There's a blue one that lives out this way (Six Forks / 540 area); a buddy at work knows a guy who bought one in April, and he lives in the general vicinity. Haven't seen him yet, but I've already seen the blue.

dg.
Old 08-04-2003 | 07:43 AM
Cruisin'

Sweet! Just saw my first CG on the way to work this morning (Leadmine Rd. / Glenwood Ave.)... my color choice has been validated. That is one nice-looking machine.

Now, to get on the phone and find out when mine's getting here!

dg.
Old 08-04-2003 | 10:24 AM
wiz
Pro

I saw another TSX on Saturday. Going East on I-285, the guy had a Florida license plate...and it helps to carry a camera with you as I got a picture of him...hehe.

Old 08-04-2003 | 10:30 AM
I love my TSX!

Originally posted by wiz
I saw another TSX on Saturday. Going East on I-285, the guy had a Florida license plate...and it helps to carry a camera with you as I got a picture of him...hehe.
cool pic...did you take it or your passenger took it?

there's a lot of import cars in that pic....isn't it usually more domestic cars in the states then imports?
Old 08-04-2003 | 10:41 AM
wiz
Pro

Originally posted by TsXtian
cool pic...did you take it or your passenger took it?

there's a lot of import cars in that pic....isn't it usually more domestic cars in the states then imports?
I actually took it while my passenger watched...it's a small camera and I had to take a couple to get a good picture...I didn't even think about asking her to take the picture...oh well.

Yeah, there are a lot of non-domestic cars out there on the road...that whole reliability thing...
Old 08-04-2003 | 09:00 PM
Stuck in Purgatory

Re: Speed Demon Response

Speed, I ordered from the new Spitzer Acura in Peters Twp. I live in Mt. Lebanon, and was out that way so I stopped in and started to talking to a salesman. Went for a test drive, and next thing you know, I'm talking numbers with the guy. I'm taking a small hit on the lease, but they gave me a higher payoff, and took some off MSRP. The salesman's been great, real laid back, no pressure. Then again, with this car, no pressure is needed.

My mom had a 2000 Maxima. I drove it a few times, but probably not enough to make a meaningful comparison between that and the TSX. All I can say is that the TSX has one hell of a 4-banger. My main concern being in PA was a lack of power going up the hills, but now that I have my car, I can definitely say that it isn't a problem.

I actually took my test drive at Spitzer, but back when they were in Monroeville. Was your salesman named Milt, by any chance? He was a nice guy, but wouldn't budge off of sticker for me. (I don't know if it was my crappy negotiating skills or their lack of inventory at the time.)
Old 08-04-2003 | 09:06 PM
Instructor

Now that I'm back in Erie for school, I have only seen one here in this small city. I believe it was either silver or meteor silver.

In Pittsburgh, I saw a nice arctic blue with the OEM bodykit and spoiler. It was very beautiful.

On my drive to Toronto last week, I saw quite a few. The ages of the drivers varied from 30s to 50s! Altogether, I saw 4 in a 3 day period. 2 of them were the Indigo Blue, one black one and one satin silver like mine, except he had the OEM body kit. Again, all cars were very beautiful.

The early 30s people smiled when I drove near them. The older crowd didn't give a damn.

I have yet to see a CG on the road.
Old 08-05-2003 | 12:05 AM
Advanced

Saw a black TSX on the 10 fwy (near Alhambra, CA) with 18" wheels and chrome rims and "DUBS" in his plate frames. My first wave-by. Lookin' sweet!
Old 08-05-2003 | 06:14 AM
Instructor

I saw a black TSX in NYC. It had Penn. plates and was parked on 23rd street in an area blocked off for a movie shoot. I couldn't tell if it was a personal vehicle or if it was going to be used in a movie. I guess we will see in about a year or less!
Old 08-05-2003 | 07:13 PM
Cruisin'

Re: Re: Speed Demon Response

Originally posted by Speed Demon
I actually took my test drive at Spitzer, but back when they were in Monroeville. Was your salesman named Milt, by any chance? He was a nice guy, but wouldn't budge off of sticker for me. (I don't know if it was my crappy negotiating skills or their lack of inventory at the time.)

No, Sean is my salesperson and is also a good guy. They wouldn't budge either at first, but I started to back away from the deal due to the early-lease-turn-in costs. After a couple days and "working the numbers" he was able to get the price down, and my payoff up. Don't blame yourself though, the demand is so high on these things, I'm surprised they got back to me.

Thanks for the reassurance on the 4 cylinder. I was concerned about the hills and other Pgh factors that can overwhelm a 4. I thought the same during my test drives, but wanted to make sure that interior didn't have me entranced!
Old 08-05-2003 | 07:15 PM
GEEZER

things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm