TSX Shopping in Seattle- WA Area

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSX Shopping in Seattle- WA Area

Please share your experiences of shopping TSX in Seattle area here.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:56 PM
Cruisin'

I'm looking for a silver/black/6MT/no-navi in the Seattle area. Acura of Seattle and Acura of Lynnwood haven't given me a quote yet. Acura of Bellevue says something close to 26.6K base+dest. Bellevue and Lynnwood have cars on order that suit my requirements but they said I'd have to put 1K to reserve them. I don't want to commit until I've test driven a manual. This could be very hard since manuals are rare and the dealers get them only after an order has been placed.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Intermediate

Hi Rushi,

It seems that we are just few miles away.
I am sure that if we sync. with each other while talking to dealers, it would be mutually beneficial.

Give me your email address and I'll mail you my phone no. etc.

My email id is - jarahatake at yahoo dot com
Old 12-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Banned

Go to Acura of Fife and talk to Ty, we got our TSX from him last year. He was very nice and helpful. When we went to Acura of Seattle, they didnt help us much, Bellevue of Acura didnt help us at all, and this other one I think it was in Lynnwood.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't really tried getting quotes yet because I am awaiting til mid-dec. but Acura of Bellevue seemed to negotiate when purchasing =) I will keep up with you guys when I start to negotiate.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Cruisin'

Isn't Fife kind of far off. Won't I need to bring the car to the dealer in the future for oil change or any other kind of servicing? Is fife really that cheap?
Old 12-06-2004, 09:53 PM
A Commuter

Originally Posted by taxidriversingh
Go to Acura of Fife and talk to Ty, we got our TSX from him last year. He was very nice and helpful. When we went to Acura of Seattle, they didnt help us much, Bellevue of Acura didnt help us at all, and this other one I think it was in Lynnwood.

man..i had a total diffrent experionce with Ty...he never took me seriously as a buyer..i asked for a test drive...and he told me..that he's busy..and can't cuz he doesn't want to miss out on other customers...this happened 3 times! everytime i went to the dealer..i got stuck with him...luckly..the 4th time..i ignored him..and went to my friend.. Chris Pak..good guy~tell him chung sent ya~

btw..i paid $27,750 for mine..i know it isn't the cheapest..but i also didn't really feel riped off at that price..
Old 12-07-2004, 05:50 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by nahooneyya
man..i had a total diffrent experionce with Ty...he never took me seriously as a buyer..i asked for a test drive...and he told me..that he's busy..and can't cuz he doesn't want to miss out on other customers...this happened 3 times! everytime i went to the dealer..i got stuck with him...luckly..the 4th time..i ignored him..and went to my friend.. Chris Pak..good guy~tell him chung sent ya~

btw..i paid $27,750 for mine..i know it isn't the cheapest..but i also didn't really feel riped off at that price..

Thought I'd chime in with a Ty experience. This guy was the worst to deal with. Total slimeball salesman tactics to try and get you on the lot, and then not even try to deal. When I was shopping for my TSX last april, I had the misfortune of having to deal with this guy. Basically after doing a ton of research, I had a number I was willing to go for. I told him what it was, and asked him if they could get even remotely close.. He went off to say that he could definitely get close, but that I had to "Come on down" because the manager had to see I was serious. I mentioned that I was in Bellevue, that I'd be driving 45 - 60 minutes or so, and that he'd be wasting both of our time if he couldn't get reasonably close, and of course he assured me that he was sure he could get close.

Well surprise surprise, I get there, and he comes out saying he can do 1000 off msrp and thats it, on a car with a bunch of add ons that I wasn't looking for (this was when 6mt non-navis were going for about 1700 off msrp). To top it off, when I asked him about talking to the sales manager, who had wanted to see I was serious, he said that they had all gone home for the day. Imagine that... A dealership with no one who can make pricing decisions on site during business hours.

Anyway, I'd say avoid this guy... though maybe I just got him on a bad day.

I dealt with all the 4 seattle acura dealers, and I got the most respect from the acura of bellevue folks. They're probably the lowest pressure and most honest, though you probably won't get the best price from them. I ended up getting a fairly good deal from acura of lynnwood. Apparently the run incentives for the salesmen. I was my salesman's 26th sale that month, so he was getting a $1000 bonus.. I guess thats why I was able to get a pretty decent price.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Pro

Bought my '04 at Acura of Bellevue from Peter Kim. Sure, he's still a car salesman, but overall it was my best car buying experience yet. This was my 2nd car purchased at this dealership and I've not had any bad experiences, buying or having repairs done there.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Intermediate

nahooneyya, berksean, vitocorleone thanks for reply.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:53 PM
A Commuter

Originally Posted by morpheus
nahooneyya, berksean, vitocorleone thanks for reply.

anytime~
Old 12-08-2004, 02:07 AM
Intermediate

Guys,

Any news?
Any new quotes from dealers?

Thnx
Old 12-09-2004, 01:18 AM
Intermediate

Hello Friends,

Just finalised the deal for new TSX '05, non-navi, AT, CG/Ebony

Dealer: Acura of Seattle
Cost : $28,780.00 including tax, lic., doc.
Base : $26,200.00

I know it is little bit on the higher side.
however, I needed a car urgently. and due to some unknown reason prices in Seattle are much higher than the So. Cal. region.

Will pick up the car in next couple of days.

Sorry for breaking away from the group buy, but it seems that you guys can wait till the prices drops towards the end of the month.

All the best with your purchase.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:33 PM
Cruisin'

Too bad you couldn't wait two weeks. Acura of Lynnwood dealer was really excited with the group buy thing.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:08 AM
Burning Brakes

hey rushi, i'm still in

btw, I decided to start my homework next next week, starting from 19~20th of december!

In order to have dealers to give us some sorta discount on semi-groupbuy, we need at least 3 in my opinion.

Is there anyone else in WA?
Old 12-11-2004, 02:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by morpheus
Hello Friends,

Just finalised the deal for new TSX '05, non-navi, AT, CG/Ebony

Dealer: Acura of Seattle
Cost : $28,780.00 including tax, lic., doc.
Base : $26,200.00

I know it is little bit on the higher side.
however, I needed a car urgently. and due to some unknown reason prices in Seattle are much higher than the So. Cal. region.

Will pick up the car in next couple of days.

Sorry for breaking away from the group buy, but it seems that you guys can wait till the prices drops towards the end of the month.

All the best with your purchase.
Yes, for some reason, Seattle dealers just can't go any lower than So Cal dealers..
Old 12-11-2004, 04:26 AM
Intermediate

Hi,

Sorry guys.
I was looking for a car for more than a month now.
I did not had a car. And my new job is starting from Next week.
So I needed a car before that.

That's the reason for the rush.

All the best for a group buy.
Let me know if anything.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:43 PM
ABP 6MT

I was very pleased with my salesman from Acura of Bellevue. Got my APB MT back in June from Phil Grasser. He's fairly knowledgable about the TSX and was a pleasure to work with.

I had also cross shopped at Acura of Lynnwood. Minh Dang up there was also very helpful and was willing to deal against Bellevue's offer.

I wound up going with Acura of Bellevue based on its location and due to the fact that I had first met with Phil.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:38 PM
Cruisin'

None of the dealers have 6MT's in stock and so I will not be able to test drive the TSX. Now I'm trying to get hold of 6MT owners in the TSX area who might want to let me try their car. Otherwise, I'm calling off TSX and getting the Legacy GT.

I'm completely frustrated with the Acura dealers who promise to get me a manual to test drive and then back off at the last minute by asking me to pay a deposit so that they can order one. The whole image of the TSX being a sports car is vanishing given that a majority of the customer base is easy people who want a comfortable, luxury sedan and not automobile enthusiasts who want to have fun driving. Subaru seems to be potraying that image with the Legacy GT.

Oh well...
Old 12-28-2004, 05:40 PM
Cruisin'

Finally decided to get the TSX. Found the last manual TSX in the state of Washington (probably Oregon too). Didn't care about the 200 miles on the odometer. Drove it home last night. Here are some pictures:

http://rushi.desai.name/pictures/200...20First%20Car/

Later,
Rushi
Old 12-28-2004, 05:47 PM
A Commuter

Originally Posted by rushi
Finally decided to get the TSX. Found the last manual TSX in the state of Washington (probably Oregon too). Didn't care about the 200 miles on the odometer. Drove it home last night. Here are some pictures:

http://rushi.desai.name/pictures/200...20First%20Car/

Later,
Rushi

congratz on the buy! u'll love it man~ and make sure u come to our meets~