TSX seats appreciation thread. Fantastic!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
TSX seats appreciation thread. Fantastic!!!

It has now been more than five years since I have owned my car.

I can honestly say that it is the most comfortable car i have ever owned.

I have made long distance trips nonstop of more than 4 hours and 300+ miles. I always arrive fresh at my destination. I would not have gotten away with this in the past with my other cars. I would arrive at the destination with a back pain and tired.

The TSX seats fit me like a glove. I love them. They fit me just right. The side bolsters and the head support all make it so comfortable.

Come to think of it, the WHOLE car fits me like a glove. The seats, the steering wheel and its stitched leather, the navigation and satellite radio within easy reach. And last but not least, that beautiful instrument panel which continues to amaze me. It it gorgeous at night. And so legible during the day.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Honda does excel at seats that are comfortable for long drives. I was thinking that the other night. Even after spending way too many hours in a pretty expensive, highly-touted office chair, I felt more comfortable in my old Accord during the commute home, especially when accelerating.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:22 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Have to agree-I drive from NC to NJ (600+ miles one-way) and back every few weeks and it is a very comfortable.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:49 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I think the seats are constructed cheaply. I hate how they feel cheap but I love the steering wheel leather and feel. Comfort wise, the seats aren't bad. Haven't been in a long journey in them, but they haven't been bad to me.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:13 AM
Instructor

I love the seats in my 06 but must admit, having had a 10 as a loaner makes me want to get them re-upholstered one day.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:19 AM
El Cunado

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is definitely one thing I noticed after buying mine. I drove it from Baltimore, MD to Toronto, Canada with only one pit-stop and was hardly sore, albeit a bit sweaty (thanks leather seats), when I finally arrived after 7hrs total trip.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not compared to my 02 TL Type S... now those were comfortable seats
Old 09-16-2010, 07:33 AM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I must be doing it wrong. After 45-60 minutes in the TSX my right lower back and hip begin to hurt from the driving position. I have tried any number of seat/lumbar adjustments to fix this. Being 6'3" with long legs may be part of it. Luckily I don't have to drive more than a half hour with any regularity.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:02 AM
Racer

I'm 6'3 too but porportional. haha my hair keeps touching the roof, it's annoying. =/
Old 09-17-2010, 06:54 AM
Luke 1:37

Acura definitely makes some really comfortable seats (other than the RSX though). My GF's 07 TSX fits like a glove compared to my non sport BMW seats. The only other seats that I like even more than the Acura ones (that I have experienced) are the Volvo seats...at least my bro's S60R seats...man those bucket seats are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in...they're so damn comfortable, I would probably fall asleep on long trips.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Proud Acura Owner

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Miamicarfan
It has now been more than five years since I have owned my car.

I can honestly say that it is the most comfortable car i have ever owned.

I have made long distance trips nonstop of more than 4 hours and 300+ miles. I always arrive fresh at my destination. I would not have gotten away with this in the past with my other cars. I would arrive at the destination with a back pain and tired.

The TSX seats fit me like a glove. I love them. They fit me just right. The side bolsters and the head support all make it so comfortable.

Come to think of it, the WHOLE car fits me like a glove. The seats, the steering wheel and its stitched leather, the navigation and satellite radio within easy reach. And last but not least, that beautiful instrument panel which continues to amaze me. It it gorgeous at night. And so legible during the day.
EXACTLY!! THIS CAR IS AWESOME!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Banned

I agree. Earlier this year I took a test drive in a new VW Jetta TDI Cup Edition (diesel engine in GLI body/suspension). That car had a lot of appeal -- basically pretty close to what a diesel TSX would have been. But I couldn't get comfortable in the seats! VW uses a half-powered, half-manual setup with their sports seats, and the range of adjustment was just not sufficient. I couldn't get enough thigh support for my long legs.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Carraway
Honda does excel at seats that are comfortable for long drives. I was thinking that the other night. Even after spending way too many hours in a pretty expensive, highly-touted office chair, I felt more comfortable in my old Accord during the commute home, especially when accelerating.
Sister has a Fit. I get uncomfortable in it after an hour.
I know, bad example since it's the lowest Honda out there, just sayin...

TSX seats are pretty good. I've taken 4 hour road trips with just one 10 minute break and I am not even fatigued in the slightest.
I do wish the leather was better though.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Detail Cars in Philly in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree on the seats, Ive been thinking about getting a tl so i drove my brothers 06 around for a couple days. Not a fan of the bigger seats, my TSX seats are perfect and you dont slide around in them .
That is prob the number one thing that is keeping me from the tl
Old 09-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Advanced

I love the seats for shorter trips (less than an hour) but it got pretty brutal on my lower back after my 6 hr drive I just made from the bay area to socal. But other than these long car rides which I only have to do twice a year, the seats fit perfectly for me.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Pro

Kodawg:

If I may ask several questions:

1) How tall are you?
2) How much do you weigh?
3) Did you ever have lower back problems before driving the TSX?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Pro

One other observation concerning the great ergonomics of the TSX:

I don't know that it matters to the overall comfort of the seats, but I also find that the center console and its ability to extend forward is fantastic for long distance trips and over all comfort.

Instead of having both hands on the steering wheel or one hand on the steering wheel and other just on my side, I find that I often drive with my left hand on the steering wheel and my right arm just laying on that extended center console. I find it very very comfortable allowing the rest of my body to relax more.

I have never had in the past a car whose center console was just at the right height and was able to extend forward so that i could recline my entire right arm on it with my hand just touching the gear shifter.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:27 AM
10th Gear

I've had my 04 tsx for 7 years now and I love them. It only sucks when its hot outside and the seats get warm.
Im curious though. Does anyone know where you can get them upholstered or even buy a new set of front seats? Imagine...It would feel like laying down on a new bed with new sheets, NAKED~
Old 09-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Racer

One other observation concerning the great ergonomics of the TSX:

I don't know that it matters to the overall comfort of the seats, but I also find that the center console and its ability to extend forward is fantastic for long distance trips and over all comfort.

Instead of having both hands on the steering wheel or one hand on the steering wheel and other just on my side, I find that I often drive with my left hand on the steering wheel and my right arm just laying on that extended center console. I find it very very comfortable allowing the rest of my body to relax more.

I have never had in the past a car whose center console was just at the right height and was able to extend forward so that i could recline my entire right arm on it with my hand just touching the gear shifter.
I agree here 100%. The car lets you sit in a very natural, relaxing position. My GF Mazda3 is very comfortable but the way the center console is designed I can only get my elbow to have a resting place; not my whole forearm like in the TSX. Kudos to Acura on this.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by kodawg9
I love the seats for shorter trips (less than an hour) but it got pretty brutal on my lower back after my 6 hr drive I just made from the bay area to socal. But other than these long car rides which I only have to do twice a year, the seats fit perfectly for me.
Sorry to hear that. It took me 9 hours to get back from NH to NY a few weeks back; sure we stopped a few times for the bathroom and food but when we got home we had to run out and get milk. I hopped right back in the car and was like "whatever". The point of my post; no fatigue, no aches, even with a few stops I drove for atleast 8.25 of those 9 hours.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Advanced

Kodawg:

If I may ask several questions:

1) How tall are you?
2) How much do you weigh?
3) Did you ever have lower back problems before driving the TSX?

1) 5'10"
2) 155
3) No issues with lower back in previous times.

But the one factor that might have caused some lower back discomfort was the fact that I had my lifting regiment for my back 15 or so hours before my trip. Perhaps, it was a result of soreness but in general, I do love the seats. It just killed me for this specific 6 hour drive.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by carmagnut
I agree here 100%. The car lets you sit in a very natural, relaxing position. My GF Mazda3 is very comfortable but the way the center console is designed I can only get my elbow to have a resting place; not my whole forearm like in the TSX. Kudos to Acura on this.
Yeah. It is almost as if you are sitting in a Lazy Boy recliner with your right arm fully resting on the extended center console.

Last edited by Miamicarfan; 09-28-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by carmagnut
Sorry to hear that. It took me 9 hours to get back from NH to NY a few weeks back; sure we stopped a few times for the bathroom and food but when we got home we had to run out and get milk. I hopped right back in the car and was like "whatever". The point of my post; no fatigue, no aches, even with a few stops I drove for atleast 8.25 of those 9 hours.
9 hours? Awesome. What was the total milleage? Besides my 5 hour, 300+ mile nonstop trip, I have also recently completed a 500 mile trip from Georgia to South Florida. I broke it down into 2 equal parts. It also was close to nine hours!!! No pain. No fatigue. I loved it.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by kodawg9
1) 5'10"
2) 155
3) No issues with lower back in previous times.

But the one factor that might have caused some lower back discomfort was the fact that I had my lifting regiment for my back 15 or so hours before my trip. Perhaps, it was a result of soreness but in general, I do love the seats. It just killed me for this specific 6 hour drive.
What do you mean by a "lifting regiment"? What did it involve?
Old 10-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Intermediate

im going to have a to disagree with the comfortable stock tsx leathers. im a lil guy, 5'4" and im going to have to say these seats are big guy approved.

although, i ended up putting the Euro-R recaro's into my car, which are definatly little guy approved and NOT big guy approved. they fit me like a GLOVE. so comfortable.

on the other hand, i did drive my car from CT -> NC & back. I wasnt unfocomfortable when i drove down there in stock seats, becuase i sat to one side of the seat.

the RSX-S seats are definatly comparable to the recaro's though.