TSX - room for improvement

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004 | 04:23 AM
TAR
8th Gear

TSX - room for improvement

Now first let me say i am very picky about cars and i find the TSX to be a great all around car with better then average Handeling performance wise, other then that its no diffrent then a accord EX V6( which is alot faster striaght away speed)..... now besides that, i love the TSX and would love to purchase one because of the Styling and its just a great ALL-AROUND kinda car although there are things that really bother me about the TSX and i rufuse to pay 27,000$ for a car that ignores the final touches of a great car..... ( and i actually wrote a letter to ACURA telling them exactly this)
Acura if your reading and would like me to purchase a TSX then please fix the following...

- Dont be cheap make the passenger seat power adjustable.
- If your going to put HID headlights , There needs to be LED lights for the tail lights like the G35
-The middle brake light looks extremly Cheap, throw some LED's in there as well
- I really dont understand why you cant have a optional V6, dont wait 10million years to put one in make it happen now there just isnt enough power for $27,000 why dont you prove to us that you have the balls to really call the TSX a SPORTS car
- The front grill could look a little more aggresive

some things i do like that you have done was put in the Side view mirror blinker lights and of course the HID lights along with the dual exhaust and the overall standard of the car...
THIS IS WHAT MUST BE DONE TO MAKE THIS A CAR A GEM, OTHERWISE DONT EVEN WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING A TSX SPEND THE EXTRA 5-6 GRAND AND GET A TL ( WHICH SHOULD BE REAR WHEEL DRIVE ) ACURA PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH THEY MAKE SUCH GREAT CARS BUT THERES ALWAYS ONE THING THAT IS MISSING AND IS SO IMPORTANT MAKES YOU WANNA GO OVER THERE AND STRANGLE THEM, UGH
Old 03-27-2004 | 04:54 AM
Intermediate

do us a favor, buy a TL.
Old 03-27-2004 | 04:56 AM
Registered AssHat

IBTL

Most of what this guy says is pure looks and less substance with little basis in reality.
Old 03-27-2004 | 08:40 AM
Burning Brakes

You can nit pick any car from a Rio to an Enzo. Of all your issues power seems to be the one with the biggest teeth, but in the end the power the car has is fully acceptable for the vast majority of people. However, I have never owned any car that didn't leave me wanting for at least a little more under the hood.

The TSX is a value leader, lots of stuff for a class beating price. If you want/need any of the listed items there are all cars with everything the TSX has and those, albeit at a higher price.

I argue that there is no DIRECT competitor to the TSX, cars with less for less, cars with more for more. The A4 is probably the closest.

In the end you like LEDs, not everyone does but they do have some non-cosmetic positives. You want more power, most do but with a 6 cylinder it comes closer in price to the TL and sits the car in an automotive no-mans land.

Acura just doesn't make the car you want, others do, at a price premium. Unfortunately, for you, the automotive universe doesn't revolve around you, unfortunately, for me it doesn't revolve around me either, otherwise evry car I owned would be Corsa Rosso and have a prancin' pony on the hood.

Vandy
Old 03-27-2004 | 09:32 AM
Photography Nerd

Well I'm sure TAR will be a valuable member around here...
Old 03-27-2004 | 09:40 AM
Race Director

What, no rattle complaints? There's gotta be something else to complain about. LOL.

If you want those features then you have to pay for them.
Old 03-27-2004 | 10:00 AM
Racer

Don't pay $27,000 and buy some aftermarket goodies!
Old 03-27-2004 | 10:29 AM
So, do you like...stuff?

Hey TAR, you know if I had an extra 5-6K then i would buy a G35 or something else. Thats the point of the TSX, it is nice and AFFORDABLE. So since you are wealthy enough go buy one of those cars.
Old 03-27-2004 | 10:30 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Your don't be cheap like power passenger seats etc. costs money. The TSX is well priced because it has all the necessary features and leaves out some frills (1 touch power sunroof, power passenger).
Old 03-27-2004 | 02:35 PM
Intermediate

are you serious last i heard they had a V6 TSX its called a TL. damn how often do you see a car with every single feature that you want on it. i bet if some of those things were on it then you would find something else to complain about. be happy the TSX is fine. damn you aint got to complain bout all that stuff. i think the TSX is perfectly fine the way it is. for 29000 it has all the features that i love.
Old 03-27-2004 | 02:50 PM
A-TSX enthusiast

Originally posted by Dan Martin
Well I'm sure TAR will be a valuable member around here...

TAR - looks like your attitude about the TSX has room for improvement. what car do you currently drive that meets your extremely picky standards? or are you a car designer and custom build one exactly to TAR specification?
Old 03-27-2004 | 02:51 PM
Banned

Originally posted by nore_03
are you serious last i heard they had a V6 TSX its called a TL. damn how often do you see a car with every single feature that you want on it. i bet if some of those things were on it then you would find something else to complain about. be happy the TSX is fine. damn you aint got to complain bout all that stuff. i think the TSX is perfectly fine the way it is. for 29000 it has all the features that i love.
LOL I completely agree, being a noob here on the tsx forum, whats wrong with people, dont come here and bash the car, isnt there a saying if you dont have something good to say dont say it at all. Its not like one opinions gonna change acuras line of cars
Old 03-27-2004 | 03:04 PM
Pro

I don't think power passenger seat adjustment is better than manual; it takes at least 15 seconds of button pressing to get a power seat to the desired location. When the previous passenger was a small woman and the next passenger is a 300lb, 6'6" guy, they want to be able to pull a bar and push that seat back in half a second.

For the driver, precision seat adjustment is more important than adjustment time. Passengers don't have to see the road and cluster while turning the wheel and shifting, so it's not as important how precise their seat location is; adjustment time is the most important thing.

Acura made the perfect compromise of features vs cost in the TSX; if you want to pay less and get less, there are plenty of cars that let you do that. If you want to pay more and get more, go ahead. But there is no better package out there for $26-27k than the TSX.

I personally would not have bought the TSX if it was a RWD, 6 cylinder car with more interior features, because then it would have cost $33k, and I might as well have bought a BMW 325i. I wanted fuel economy and high-revving VTEC fun more than docile V6 ponies.
Old 03-27-2004 | 04:51 PM
Orangeblood

Passenger Seat

As a 6-1, long-legged dude, I PREFER manual passenger seat. I have to scoot the sucker back on almost every car I ride in and Id rather do it with a bar under the seat than screw around with some fine electrogizmos.

Power stuff is heavy and overrated. Good manual controls on any seat are fine by me.
Old 03-27-2004 | 05:36 PM
Advanced

Re: TSX - room for improvement

...THIS IS WHAT MUST BE DONE TO MAKE THIS A CAR A GEM, OTHERWISE DONT EVEN WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING A TSX SPEND THE EXTRA 5-6 GRAND AND GET A TL ( WHICH SHOULD BE REAR WHEEL DRIVE ) ACURA PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH THEY MAKE SUCH GREAT CARS BUT THERES ALWAYS ONE THING THAT IS MISSING AND IS SO IMPORTANT MAKES YOU WANNA GO OVER THERE AND STRANGLE THEM, UGH
Does someone need a nappy? This is the stupidest post I've ever read. No one's forcing you to buy a TSX, so don't get so worked up over it.
Old 03-27-2004 | 07:12 PM
Race Director

hey TAR, stop wasting your time venting and whining here like a girl, buy a G35 coupe, Beemer, or a TL instead. think about it, the TSX wouldn't be $27K if it had a V6 option and all of those other extras put in together.
Old 03-27-2004 | 07:52 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by biker
What, no rattle complaints? There's gotta be something else to complain about. LOL.

If you want those features then you have to pay for them.

Hey biker, you have the same bike as me (although mine is just a free loaner bike from Honda), how do you like your Pan European (ST1300 in the states)?

Rick
Old 03-27-2004 | 09:12 PM
Pro

I seriously think they should put in an i-vtec inline-5; maybe charge an extra 500 or so. That would sell a lot more. I don't that much about cars, so I don't know.
Old 03-27-2004 | 11:31 PM
Pro

Originally posted by jackspat2
I seriously think they should put in an i-vtec inline-5; maybe charge an extra 500 or so. That would sell a lot more. I don't that much about cars, so I don't know.
An I-5 likely wouldn't fit into the engine bay transversely. So Honda would have to re-engineer the entire front end for longitudinal mounting and probably stretch the nose to have everything fit.

Does Honda even have a current I-5 engine in its inventory?
Old 03-27-2004 | 11:49 PM
Pro

Originally posted by kiteboy
Does Honda even have a current I-5 engine in its inventory?
I know the Vigor was an inline-5.
Old 03-28-2004 | 01:20 AM
Pro

Re: TSX - room for improvement

Originally posted by TAR
Now first let me say i am very picky about cars and i find the TSX to be a great all around car with better then average Handeling performance wise, other then that its no diffrent then a accord EX V6( which is alot faster striaght away speed)..... now besides that, i love the TSX and would love to purchase one because of the Styling and its just a great ALL-AROUND kinda car although there are things that really bother me about the TSX and i rufuse to pay 27,000$ for a car that ignores the final touches of a great car..... ( and i actually wrote a letter to ACURA telling them exactly this)
Acura if your reading and would like me to purchase a TSX then please fix the following...

Too bad you're not as picky about your spelling, grammar and punctuation....

I'm sure whomever got to read your letter to Acura had a good laugh!!!
Old 03-28-2004 | 04:18 AM
Race Director

Sorry to hijack this thread, but the Pan is great, especially when I get up into the Alps with litlle traffic. 125HP and a lot of torque pulls the 700lb bike along quite nicely. Nothing like having a 12s 1/4 mile, 4s 0-60 vehicle desguised as a touring bike..

Now back to the thread. I'm not sure if even a 4 cyl will fit easily longitudinally, never mind a 5cyl. Like others have said, if you want all those things get something else and pay for it.
Old 03-28-2004 | 08:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Hey Tar, if you dont like the cat then dont buy it, whats the point of your post?
what you dont get is everyone here likes the TSX your not going to change our minds about the TSX.
nobody is holding a gun to your head to buy the TSX so why dont you buy a ford focus or somthing?
TROLL!