Is the TSX really a "good value?"

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 10:21 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronin317
As annoying as the posts are, I don't think they're ban worthy. I've modded other forums before...and I'm a regular poster on Something Awful's Automotive Insanity forum, and they have some weird posting rules, but his behavior wouldn't get him banned, he'd be probated for a day.

He hasn't said anything particularly inflammatory, and personally I'm enjoying people refuting his assumptions and ill-informed comments with actual facts and rhetoric. I like that he can't back up anything he says...
Then stop posting that shit at the bottom of your posts.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:23 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TallyCL-S
Are you kidding me? As you stated, "IMO". I don't get it, I have only said my OPINION wtf???

How many times do I have to say that I am not all about big engines??? I have admitted over and over that there is more to car buying than just the engine and that a prospective buyer needs to think about what suits their needs. ALL I HAVE SAID IS MY OPINION! You really need to get off your high-horses and lighten up. Take things with a grain of salt, jeez.
Then stop posting that shit at the bottom of your posts.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:24 AM
6MT or Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stepping aside from the BS infecting the thread...

If you do a search on this forum or put up a poll you will most likely find the majority of the people bought the TSX for the value. All of the threads I've read comparing the TSX to other luxury line vehicle have at least 1 if not many posts in them saying something along the lines of "How can you beat the value of this car?"

When I started shopping for a car I was looking for a car that matched my needs for sport, luxury, and reliability. I had a friend who'd been looking for a new car and when he came home saying he was buying a TSX I asked him why the hell he'd spend that much money on a 200HP 4 banger. I looked at the list of luxuries included, but still thought it was silly for a car that on paper doesn't look all that fun. He came home two weeks later with the car after calling every dealership in Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois trying to find a TSX with the color combination and Manual gearbox he was looking for. I just shook my head when he told me. Then I went outside and looked at it. Wow

I sat inside and he took me for a ride. The car was gorgeous inside and out. The interior was roomier than I expected. The engine was smooth and classy yet when he opened it up it had the growl that makes my heart jump. Then I drove the car. That's when I fell in love with the TSX. The gearbox was like silk, and while the horsepower and torque numbers were at levels I didn't think I could live with the driving experience was different all together. I had to have one. Where else could I find a car with all these luxuries STANDARD, a drivetrain that was not only reliable but fun, a stock suspension that I could not only live with but was impressed by, and with an exterior and interior I liked so much, all for 28K OTD(that's the price I paid for my 06 6MT non-nav)?

Everyone I know wants to drive my car. They all smile when they see it, when they get in, and as soon I open that engine up on the road. No one thinks it's a 28K car. I keep getting asked if it was around 32K-33K.

And I'd like to say 1 thing about this being a "girl's car". If I knew a girl who owned this car, and of course by that I mean the 6MT (sorry, but you guys know how I am ) I'd be asking to drive it every second she'd let me. I do see alot of females driving the TSX around town, but maybe I must concede that the TSX is NOT a girl's car but rather they really are a bit smarter than I usually give them credit for when buying a car.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. In my opinion, the TSX is a compelling value in its class. Tell me another car in its class that has the ammenities or features along with the driving capabilities and reliability of an Acura. Sure, the Accord is a better value seeing as though you get much of the same features and more power out of the V6 but the Accord isn't in the same class as the TSX. It competes with the family sedans whereas the TSX competes more with the smaller premium sports sedans such as the 325i,C-Class, 9-3, or IS250.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
The TSX gets alot of features standard for under 30k. If you want those features on another car (bmw, etc), you'll have to pay thousands of more dollars even though the base price of that car is more than the TSX.

The car is more aerodynamic than an acura NSX (less drag). It allows the car to be more fuel efficient. It has one of the best navi systems out there. The car wasn't designed to impress you with raw power. It was meant to give owners a more refined/luxurious feel. It's handling was race-inspired...the TSX might not outrun someone in a straight line, but we can pull ahead on a curvy road.

Don't forget the HP ratings have changed. According to the new scale, my TSX only has 205 hp. If we were using the old scale, it'd be more like 215 hp.

Sure, there are cheaper cars that you could buy. They won't come with the same features as the TSX. Some might even be cheaper due to prior reliability issues. My mom's co-worker's husband had a brand new hyundai. His plates hadn't even arrived yet. I saw him hovering over his car, with the hood propped up and a tow-truck in front of his car getting ready to possibly tow him.

I'm not even going to reply to any of that loser's comments. He definitely has something against the TSX, and is trying to mislead potential buyers to buy something else.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:28 AM
about::blank

Originally Posted by Ronin317
He hasn't said anything particularly inflammatory, and personally I'm enjoying people refuting his assumptions and ill-informed comments with actual facts and rhetoric. I like that he can't back up anything he says...
Thanks I guess.
People, dom and cgx9we9w7420, are forgetting that this is a forum and people have discussions on the forum. I have not been rude or disrespectful to anyone and if you think I have, show me. (There was one exception where I chose to defend myself against that "masked" member.) Banning me would be unwarranted as I have not cheated, stolen or been rude to any other member. The only reason I am responding now is because I have to defend myself because two individuals with some authority somehow got offended by my posts, sorry but I don't know what I did to you.

I can't back up anything I say? I suggest you look at other posts sir. I am expressing my opinions and if I have stated any fact, I have surely provided documentation to back it up, it is you who sound ill-informed as you have not read my posts.

I am truly sorry you thought my disclaimer was not verbose enough for someone as pretentious as you seem to be. It wasn't meant to be humorous or witty at all, I was just made aware that some people might be offended and I wanted to let readers know that I am truly not posting with the intention of offending anyone.

Anyway, I am done with this thread, I have spoken my peace. Why don't the mods do something useful like delete all these pointless posts so we can stay on topic. Good day guys.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:32 AM
No-navi, yo

Yeah, it is a forum. and we do welcome people to express their opinion. And it is a free country.

But don't you forget there is such as thing as "common courtesy", young man. I don't question the reason how the G35 sedan you have put the smile on your face (the look for me just DOES not do it), and you should respect this is a TSX forum.

What do you expect in return bashing TSX in a TSX forum???
Old 08-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Recovering SUV Addict...

Don't confuse pretense with eloquence and word-craft. I may spew venom with a silver tongue, but I don't pretend at all to be something that I am not. Nor do I revel in the "look at me I'm sooo different" crowd. So pretense is out the window...

Opinion is, exactly as you have stated, yours to use freely. However, in other posts you have brought up JD Power and such, which is presented as fact, and as a point of contention as to why other vehicles are better value than the TSX. When said point was contested, albeit with a bit of rhetoric and snide overtone, with the fact that JD Power rankings are nothing more than a Marketing Tool, it's forgotten and you moved onto the next thing that you feel is a flaw. Sorry, but to me, that is 'not backing it up'.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:47 AM
6MT or Death

Um maybe this thread should be cleaned up to only show the posts relevant to the title, and the rest should be moved to a new thread in Off Topic called, "Annoyed by another member's douchebaggery?"

Here's the point that seems to be getting overlooked. CL, there are pro and con opinions all over the place. The problem is when you state an opinion, someone states their opinion, and your reply is to tell them they're wrong and not let it go. There's a unintentional air of disrespect in your posts that has upset a few members, and you've been upset by theirs. The point is if you realize it's an opinion you must realize the only person you are "right" to is yourself.

Anyone wanna hit this bowl?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I think it is a wonderful car. I just don't think the price tag is appropriate and that is why I wouldn't consider it being much of a "value" to me.

cai06, you are obviously some nub who created a new screen name just to talk shit, you don't impress anyone and it is morons like you give that doctors a bad rep. and just since you like talking about money, i probably make much more money than you little bitch so piss off.
You haven't been rude? Please.

It is more your attitude than your words that have irritated people I think. This is a forum and we are used to people having different opinions, but you went out of your way to make snide remarks and create a bash fest.

I don't know if you should be banned, but you sure could use an attitude adjustment.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by BusyShifter
Yeah, it is a forum. and we do welcome people to express their opinion. And it is a free country.

But don't you forget there is such as thing as "common courtesy", young man. I don't question the reason how the G35 sedan you have put the smile on your face (the look for me just DOES not do it), and you should respect this is a TSX forum.

What do you expect in return bashing TSX in a TSX forum???

I admitted to you earlier that the 4 door G35 isn't as hot as the coupe.

I do respect the TSX forum, I just wanted to throw my in about it, but every single TSX owner is uber-sensitive about their vehicle and they get defensive about and have lashed out at me for only expressing my feelings. I never bashed it, I have said it is a wonderful little car with good options, MY ONLY CRITICISM was the price, which I feel is too high. Jesus, people can't read I swear, they always jump to negative conclusions. I understand that cars cost a lot of money and people take pride in the fact that they purchase something nice for themselves, but I would never lash out if someone was asking a question or giving their opinion when they DO HAVE experience with the vehicle.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
You haven't been rude? Please.

It is more your attitude than your words that have irritated people I think. This is a forum and we are used to people having different opinions, but you went out of your way to make snide remarks and create a bash fest.

I don't know if you should be banned, but you sure could use an attitude adjustment.

See, you are one that does not read. Perhaps the red text drew your attention. If you look at what cai06 initially said to me, you would have understood that he personally attacked me first and I was simply responding in-kind and I dropped it immediately. Anyway, doesn't red text imply sarcasm?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
most of us here DO HAVE experience with the vehicle... seeing as we own it.

if you notice noone really 'lashed' out at you until you posted what LuvMyTSX quoted above you...

first it was price, then hp, then the interior/exterior, the tail lights... you change your mind way to often

either way weren't you done with this thread like 5 times already?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:59 AM
6MT or Death

I admitted to you earlier that the 4 door G35 isn't as hot as the coupe.

I do respect the TSX forum, I just wanted to throw my in about it, but every single TSX owner is uber-sensitive about their vehicle and they get defensive about and have lashed out at me for only expressing my feelings. I never bashed it, I have said it is a wonderful little car with good options, MY ONLY CRITICISM was the price, which I feel is too high. Jesus, people can't read I swear, they always jump to negative conclusions. I understand that cars cost a lot of money and people take pride in the fact that they purchase something nice for themselves, but I would never lash out if someone was asking a question or giving their opinion when they DO HAVE experience with the vehicle.
Mine's bigger than yours is. BOOYakasha.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
See, you are one that does not read. Perhaps the red text drew your attention. If you look at what cai06 initially said to me, you would have understood that he personally attacked me first and I was simply responding in-kind and I dropped it immediately. Anyway, doesn't red text imply sarcasm?
I can read just fine, thank you. I still think you have a bad attitude.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:02 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

IMHO, value is very subjective. Everyone has their own needs. I am sure everyone ask around before you put down $25-30K for a purchase. For me, the TSX has a lot to offer. However, what I see as the "good ideas" might be a "bad idea" for others. In other words, it is my car and as long as I think it is a good deal for me. That is all the matter at the end of the day.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:07 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Thts enough. This thread isn't goinmg anywhere but straight to hell so whats the point. Besides this topic has been discussed several times before.