Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow. Great pics guys

Looks like you all had a lot of fun!
Old 03-14-2006, 05:51 PM
DC Metro Local Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waTSX
Looks great! Lito's engine bay looks really sharp. So, DC_TSX, what's the verdict on the CAI? Are you lovin' it?
im loving the typhoon CAI. And let me tell you, ive heard people talk about how its too loud, blah blah blah. That is a mean growel of a more freely breathing engine, sounds awesome. Love the performance too, i can feel a little extra umph on top, although i did feel a little bit of torque loss from 2-3k RPM's, it wasnt much and its more than worth it for the mid to top end gains. Cruising and throttle below 3K RPM's is very close to stock, i am very happy with the purchase as well as the improvised TB coolant bypass mod
Old 03-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's not really the throttle body bypass mod. All we did was remove the metal coolant router which was contacting the air line.

Search for JTso's throttle body bypass to get the real deal. I've hesitated to do it to my car becuase of the cold temperatures of DC winters, but Xizor has had it for (2?) winters now with no problems, so its probably safe. Its easy to do, just need like 1 piece of hardware from home depot. Get it and bring it to the BBQ...?

BTW, I'm gonna bring some small projects to the BBQ on Saturday. I've bought parts for an oil catch can. Gotta find something else fun to do too.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:57 PM
DC Metro Local Crew

Originally Posted by Reach
That's not really the throttle body bypass mod. All we did was remove the metal coolant router which was contacting the air line.

Search for JTso's throttle body bypass to get the real deal. I've hesitated to do it to my car becuase of the cold temperatures of DC winters, but Xizor has had it for (2?) winters now with no problems, so its probably safe. Its easy to do, just need like 1 piece of hardware from home depot. Get it and bring it to the BBQ...?

BTW, I'm gonna bring some small projects to the BBQ on Saturday. I've bought parts for an oil catch can. Gotta find something else fun to do too.
i may bring the valve cover to the bbq, i might not be up for the install this weekend since im moving. and i just made up the TB bypass mod name, i didnt know one really existed
Old 03-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by DC_TSX
i may bring the valve cover to the bbq, i might not be up for the install this weekend since im moving. and i just made up the TB bypass mod name, i didnt know one really existed
where ya moving to? I can't blame you for wanting to...
Old 03-15-2006, 08:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^hehe, true.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,763 Likes on 2,538 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
We'll see...I generally prefer the minimum of intrusion so if we can work it through the wheel well, we should try to accomplish it through there.
the bumper has to come off cause dont you have an 06 now. We need pictures of the 06 bumper off and pictures of the 06 headlights so I can finally see if body kits from the 04 05 can be swapped over. I personally think they can with just the purchase of the kit and new radiator cover. I mean really there is no way they changed the frame at all.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
the bumper has to come off cause dont you have an 06 now. We need pictures of the 06 bumper off and pictures of the 06 headlights so I can finally see if body kits from the 04 05 can be swapped over. I personally think they can with just the purchase of the kit and new radiator cover. I mean really there is no way they changed the frame at all.
No, the bumper doesn't have to come off. Reach was able to do his Injen without removing the bumper. It's a hassle, but it can be done.

As for swapping, I think you'll need the front fenders, lights, bumper, and hood to pull it off. I think the dimensions of the lights are slightly different so you'll end up with things not fitting just right if you went with just the bumper and radiator cover.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
No, the bumper doesn't have to come off. Reach was able to do his Injen without removing the bumper. It's a hassle, but it can be done.

As for swapping, I think you'll need the front fenders, lights, bumper, and hood to pull it off. I think the dimensions of the lights are slightly different so you'll end up with things not fitting just right if you went with just the bumper and radiator cover.
I know the bumper doesnt have to come off to install the intake I just ment it had to come off so we could get pictures of an 06 with the bumper removed for further exploration in to the sharing of body kits.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

I know the bumper doesnt have to come off to install the intake I just ment it had to come off so we could get pictures of an 06 with the bumper removed for further exploration in to the sharing of body kits.
from looking at an 06 next to an 04 I'd say the fit will not fit right. the grill and headlights are signifigantly different, and so is the hood so it'll require a swap of everything, and the fenders like CG said
Old 03-15-2006, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
Ok, I don't wanna use this thread for my own personal agenda but...

LITO EMPTY YOUR PM's
its always full what else is new
Old 03-15-2006, 02:23 PM
DC Metro Local Crew

damn, wish you would ahve told us that last weekend, we had my bumper off t install my typhoon CAI
Old 03-15-2006, 04:59 PM
アコードタイプSとくれば、喜びもひとし お。思わず投

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DC_TSX
damn, wish you would ahve told us that last weekend, we had my bumper off t install my typhoon CAI

I know we didn't have to take the front bumper off I was just showing him how to do it so next time he'll know how. If he does get the JDM headlight he'll diff need to take the front bumper off
Old 03-15-2006, 05:01 PM
アコードタイプSとくれば、喜びもひとし お。思わず投

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
its always full what else is new
Old 03-15-2006, 11:40 PM
DC Metro Local Crew

Originally Posted by lito
I know we didn't have to take the front bumper off I was just showing him how to do it so next time he'll know how. If he does get the JDM headlight he'll diff need to take the front bumper off
and you can count on that sometime in the future, maybe ill have to give you a call to come over to my apt that weekend