TSX was hit and run today...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSX was hit and run today...

So I was out getting lunch with my gf this afternoon and I come back to my parked car only to find that there is a huge dent on the upper right side of my trunk. I parked out in the middle of nowhere and was gone for no longer than 45 minutes. The person did not have the courtesy to leave a note and was pretty ballsy considering that the parking lot is surrounded by shops, restaurants, and banks. I stood outside my car for about 10 minutes hoping someone saw what happened and would come by and tell me who did it, but nope, that did not happen.

I am just in shock right now bc this does not make sense to me whatsoever...I park in these places for a reason and this still happens to me. I'm not even THAT mad about the damage since I think it can come out with paintless dent repair. There were no scuffs or scratches, just a big clean dent on the trunk above my taillight. Pics will follow when I get home. It just makes me angry bc I think it is really obvious why I parked in the spot that I did, and someone still manages to run into my car AND does not leave any sort of information. People really surprise me...
Old 06-14-2008, 02:39 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Unhappy

My condolences.

Did you call the police to file a report for your insurance company?
Old 06-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Man.. sorry to hear that dude.

Well just another reason for you to get a CF trunk now!

And while you're doing that you can help me fix my fogs!
Old 06-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by xenonhid
My condolences.

Did you call the police to file a report for your insurance company?
Not yet. I'm going to contact some paintless dent removal shops and see if it is fixable. if it is, it will probably cost around $100 to fix so i might not go through insurance at all. basically the entire section above my right side taillight is dented inwards, but I've seen PDR take out bowling ball sized dents so i am hoping they can fix this.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
Man.. sorry to hear that dude.

Well just another reason for you to get a CF trunk now!

And while you're doing that you can help me fix my fogs!
haha, if I got a CF trunk I would need to get a CF hood too. I think that would open up a can of worms for more mods.

just let me know what days ur mostly free and I can help you out w/ your fogs. i'm off every other friday starting next week. let me know.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:16 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
I can relate to your hit and run in a parking lot. It happened to me many years ago- My less than 2 week old volvo was hit in the back while parked legally. No notes and almost $3,000 worth of damage.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:28 PM
TSX

That sucks dood. I had someone hit my car in Georgetown even though I parked all the way over as possible. That bastard still opened the door wide enough to hit it.

Let us know how the repairs go.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Some people are dicks.

My condolences!
Old 06-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I dunno why you wouldn't file a police report anyway. It's a hit 'n run; it's a crime. Perhaps the reason people don't leave notes is that many learn that there's no reason to worry....

And if you DID have to file a claim, having had someone investigate on the scene helps. YMMV.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:06 PM
East Coast Crew

Originally Posted by davidspalding
I dunno why you wouldn't file a police report anyway. It's a hit 'n run; it's a crime. Perhaps the reason people don't leave notes is that many learn that there's no reason to worry....

And if you DID have to file a claim, having had someone investigate on the scene helps. YMMV.
I'm not sure where you live but if I were to call the police, I'd have to wait over 3 hours till they come.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Ex-King of Pasadena

Originally Posted by visuelz
I'm not sure where you live but if I were to call the police, I'd have to wait over 3 hours till they come.
dun think they will...

my friend had an small accident in a parking lot where a cadillac bump into him.

And the police refused to come. ==
Old 06-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Unauthorized User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sometimes these minor hit and run with no injuries, the cops think they have better things to do than come over and check it out. I'm sure eating donuts is probably a good excuse.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:18 PM
J M U ... DUUUKEESSSS

Received 266 Likes on 131 Posts
man that sucks... I hope everything works out....

+2 on the CF trunk =P
Old 06-14-2008, 08:02 PM
where is my garage?!

sorry to hear.

i find that sometimes no matter how hard i try to avoid potential damage, it seems like shopping carts and bad drivers still manage a way to find their way to my car.

hope you can get it fixed with minimal cost.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:30 PM
resident asshole

Parking lots sometimes have cameras... check with some of the businesses around it.

My aunt's TL got hit and run but the parking lot had cameras and caught the fat bitch.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Racer

sorry to hear that man.
where in rockville was this? i live in rockville, and some of the drivers there i swear did not pass their license tests...

might i suggest Shannon auto body for repairs, they are amazing and even post updates with pictures of your car online daily
Old 06-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by shubysingh
sorry to hear that man.
where in rockville was this? i live in rockville, and some of the drivers there i swear did not pass their license tests...

might i suggest Shannon auto body for repairs, they are amazing and even post updates with pictures of your car online daily
this happened in fallsgrove shopping center. i parked away from all the restaurants and near the chevy chase bank.

I didn't call the police on the scene bc I was told that they would not come (as mentioned above). I will be going back to the shopping center to see if any of the businesses have any cameras which face the parking lot. I am more interested in catching who did this than getting the damage repaired. maybe if I was a jerkoff and cut someone off, or parked very close to their car, I would MAYBE deserve this, but that was certainly not the case. I dont understand how ppl can't take responsibility for their actions in circumstances like this.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

painful picture...

Old 06-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Racer

That sucks. With that damage you will most likely have to replace your trunk. Body shops can try to fix it, but after all the work your gaps will never line up. Some people just don't care about anything. Just be happy they didn't hit your quarter panel. Sorry dude.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ouch! I feel you pain!
Old 06-15-2008, 12:08 AM
-Nick-

at least they didn't hit your euro r bumper. You can get a trunk much faster than a new euro r piece.
It's really a shame people are so dishonarable that they would just leave without leaving insurance info =/
Old 06-15-2008, 12:52 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that just happened to my sister yesterday. some idiot whacked her bumper in the shopping center. the lady did leave a note BUT the number she left is a fax number. she did write down her plates but we'll see. my sis didn't call the police on the scene so she'll prolly have to go down to the station to file a report. IDIOTS!!! such inconsiderate people!

on a site note, i saw a car get t-boned by an idiot running a red today. it was ugly. lady in the passenger seat was screaming bloody murder. be glad that your person wasn't injured.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:01 AM
Advanced

I'm from the area, that shopping center has a Safeway, and as I recall there aren't any shopping cart storage things in the parking lot. I would say theres a good chance it was a shopping cart that hit your car but it looks a bit too big to be from a cart and if there wasn't any cart in the area it's probably unlikely, but possible. I worked at Giant in high school and came out one day to see a cart sitting right by the back of my car. Thankfully Giant's insurance company paid for the damage (about $600). I don't know if they would have if I had just been a customer though!

I'd reckon it's going to cost a lot more to fix and would report it to your insurance company.

And why does your TSX have a Honda badge?
Old 06-15-2008, 02:30 AM
5th Gear

That is a PAINFUL picture to look at but sorry to say, PDR will probably not be able to fix it. That sharp crease in the upper right corner will not come back out. The trunk also should have double layers in that area and PDR can't work with that.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SHYUperman
man that sucks... I hope everything works out....

+2 on the CF trunk =P
+3
Old 06-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Instructor

if I were you, i would file police for hit & run, and

+4 on CF Trunk
Old 06-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
after seeing your pic....

Okay, there's a REASON why I urged you to file a police report. You ought to have that investigated, particularly if you have to file a claim (I can't imagine PDR working magic on that much of a deformation). (You're looking at a new trunk lid, with or without lights and stuff, repair shop's got to paint and blend around on both quarter panels and rear bumper cover, AND all the mechanical/electrical components have to be working post-repair. I could be wrong, but this doesn't look cheap.)

Look at the trunk. A car left that? What car has a bumper that high? A shopping cart? Our cars aren't THAT tender and vulnerable. I'm thinking a truck, maybe a commercial truck.... Did any of the businesses have deliveries or work done at that time? How 'bout mall security (is there any?), would the officer on duty have noted any delivery or commercial vehicles in the area? There's a REASON for getting wheels turning on a formal report. You don't know what might turn up until you start. YMMV. Good luck on the repair, I'm sure a good shop will do it right, and all you're out is your deductible -- unless your insurance company can determine a culprit.

Visuelz, I can appreciate how long a 3 hour wait is, but some things life require patience no matter how you slice 'em, but they're still worth doing. College is one that comes to mind ... body building ... learning to fly ... marriage....
Old 06-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by davidspalding
Okay, there's a REASON why I urged you to file a police report. You ought to have that investigated, particularly if you have to file a claim (I can't imagine PDR working magic on that much of a deformation). (You're looking at a new trunk lid, with or without lights and stuff, repair shop's got to paint and blend around on both quarter panels and rear bumper cover, AND all the mechanical/electrical components have to be working post-repair. I could be wrong, but this doesn't look cheap.)

Look at the trunk. A car left that? What car has a bumper that high? A shopping cart? Our cars aren't THAT tender and vulnerable. I'm thinking a truck, maybe a commercial truck.... Did any of the businesses have deliveries or work done at that time? How 'bout mall security (is there any?), would the officer on duty have noted any delivery or commercial vehicles in the area? There's a REASON for getting wheels turning on a formal report. You don't know what might turn up until you start. YMMV. Good luck on the repair, I'm sure a good shop will do it right, and all you're out is your deductible -- unless your insurance company can determine a culprit.

Visuelz, I can appreciate how long a 3 hour wait is, but some things life require patience no matter how you slice 'em, but they're still worth doing. College is one that comes to mind ... body building ... learning to fly ... marriage....

I can appreciate what you're trying to tell him and I'm sure he understands your point clearly, but I was rear ended in that same parking lot, WHERE in fact three police cruisers were parked that day, enjoying donuts at the Krispy Kreme, and when I called the police, they REFUSED to arrive at the scene because apparently they think it's not worth appearing to the area of crime.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Unauthorized User

i used to live in Illinois, a couple of years ago i locked my keys in my car, and i called the cops, they actually came over within 20 minutes and jimmy the door open for me.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Racer

chevy chase area is where i usually park, ill have to be more careful.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by terpfan29
I worked at Giant in high school and came out one day to see a cart sitting right by the back of my car. Thankfully Giant's insurance company paid for the damage (about $600). I don't know if they would have if I had just been a customer though!

no, they wont do anything if u are a customer.
atleast if you are talkin about the giant up the street from fallsgrove, i would know, it has happened to me...
Old 06-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Burning Brakes

That shit aint comming out with paintless dent removal lol

New trunk for sure, that sucks man.

You can only hope that karma has some big barnyard animal rape whoever did this to you.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by shubysingh
no, they wont do anything if u are a customer.
atleast if you are talkin about the giant up the street from fallsgrove, i would know, it has happened to me...

They have signs now that say that they're not responsible for carts hitting anyones cars.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

I just filed a police report. all that was asked was where did this happen and if I knew who might have done this.

I will get an estimate for the damage sometime next week...because of someone's negligence, it seems like I am out at least $500 on this...more if I choose not to go through insurance.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:44 PM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is a terrible dent. Sorry that happened to your car. I had something similar happen to my trunk lid a year or two back. One day I looked at my car from behind and noticed a golfball sized dent right above my left taillight. I have no idea what could have made it, since there was zero paint damage of any kind, and it's too high to have been hit by a bumper. I had PDR fix it and it was fine.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:34 PM
East Coast Crew

Looks like someone took a bat and hit it.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:42 PM
resident asshole

that dent looks weird... no shopping cart or car could do that type of damage. Do you see any paint rubbed off on it?
Old 06-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by visuelz
Looks like someone took a bat and hit it.
i'm pretty sure a bat would leave more than a dent.

i'm thinking this was some sort of commercial truck that was backing out slowly. either way, i am checking out all the surrounding stores to check for cameras
Old 06-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by EuRTSX

They have signs now that say that they're not responsible for carts hitting anyones cars.
Yeah and really people should just be courteous and bring the carts back to those cart storage areas or to the store front. If everyone would experience this, I'm sure most carts would be returned.

Also no one answered the question I asked earlier, why's your TSX have Honda badges?
Old 06-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Racer

Looking at that dent looks like a hater to me or just some random acts with an object. I can almost guarantee you your car was not hit by an automobile.

Quick Reply: TSX was hit and run today...