Stock and Aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock and Aftermarket

I haven't really listened to the tsx sound yet,just for a while when on the test drive.I hope I could listen to it a bit more on my last test drive this weekend.However,I heard that the speakers are from Pioneer.I guess not bad for the stock,for sure.Does brand really mean something? I read some articles about people say the Harman Kardon Logics in the bimmer isn't as nice as the tsx's Pioneer. Do stock systems really can't match what the aftermarket can offer?
There's a LS430 parked just outside the front door of my working place for couple of weeks already.Yesterday evening I grabbed the key and sat inside to try out the system for 30 minutes.I can say with Mark Levinson,the mid and high are very well handled,even with my cd disc which converted from mp3 format songs. But still lacks a bit of base.Since I am not a rap guy,so,the ML system seems to be the one that I would be looking for.I would like to do a system test with the same CD,in two IS series,one with Pioneer 13 speakers,one with Mark Levinson and 14 speakers,and see how they perform.
I guess,unless opt for bass,people not really need to upgrade the speakers? Clarity maybe the only reason eh?
Old 02-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some members are fine with the stock system, some aren't. Some replace just the speakers (me), some add a sub, some do the both and add a different receiver. If you want to see examples of what is being done then check out our Audio & Video community (click this link). Start with the TSX FAQ. You'll see a pretty detailed description of what the TSX's system consists of. Then search on "TSX Speakers" or "TSX Audio" or "TSX Sound" to see the discussion on what can/could be modified and with what results. Audio system discussion belongs in that forum. If you have specific questions feel free to post them there.