Spoilers on 4-Door Sedans? Please Stop!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 01:04 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Buff-Daddy
Hypocrite! Look at what you had to say about these spoilers! What happened to your famous saying about do what you want to your car? You seemed to object to these?

Link
Do I think those are ugly? yes I do and I'll give my opinion. However I wont start a thread telling people what to do and not to do with thier own cars. Hell I'll even help people do something to thier car if I think its ugly. My g/f briefly thought about getting altezzas for her car. I said I thought they were ugly but if she wanted them I'd put them on for her.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:05 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not taking sides here but aren't these forums for people to state or have an opinion? How many fucking times do I read about someone being offended or worried about the TSX being driving by women, or that they don't deserve this car etc etc?? To me that's more offensive that bitching about a wing.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:19 PM
Pro

Originally posted by tony4311
Do I think those are ugly? yes I do and I'll give my opinion. However I wont start a thread telling people what to do and not to do with thier own cars.
Well, I hate to break it to you, but starting a thread telling people not to put spoilers on their 4-Door sedans is just an opinion too! Do I really think that people will NOT do this because of my post, no, it is just a different way of expressing an opinion. Maybe it's not your way or your style, but it is mine. So basically what you have done is given me your opinion about how I should express my opinions differently?
Old 12-01-2003, 02:14 PM
Intermediate

Is it just me... or isn't the TSX marketed as a Sports Sudan? I think you need to remember how it is being marketed... it is supposed to be a sporty sudan... hence... I see nothing wrong with a spoiler on it.... now... if I see a nice new Cadilac with a spoiler I may get a good laugh....

Opinions are like belly buttons, guys,.... everyone has one...

-EeryEleven
Old 12-01-2003, 03:05 PM
Not an Ashtray

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. You don't have to agree with me about spoilers. of course, you'd be wrong, but that is your right.

I still say that 1) It depends on the car and the spoiler, 2) you should do what you want and what makes you happy, 3) I'm not going to tell anybody else what to do.

with specific regard to the TSX: I do like the spoiler. I think it gives the car an aggressive look. I also like the car without it and think it looks great either way. But, then again, I love the way the TSX looks and I especially love the colors the car come in.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:46 PM
Pro

Originally posted by EeryEleven
Is it just me... or isn't the TSX marketed as a Sports Sudan? I think you need to remember how it is being marketed... it is supposed to be a sporty sudan... hence... I see nothing wrong with a spoiler on it.... now... if I see a nice new Cadilac with a spoiler I may get a good laugh...
And yet the guy in the Cadilac would have the last laugh as he dusted you in his "Non-Sport" sedan. Titles are a joke.
And it isn't being marketed as just a "sports sedan", it is being marketed as a LUXUARY Sports Sedan. By adding the luxuary in there, they are adding a little bit of class and hoping the people that buy it have a little class too. Throwing a wing spoiler on this car says 2 things. 1. Rice 2. Youth or mid-life crisis.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:50 PM
Intermediate

thank you for your ignorant opinion... the next time I plan on spending around $30,000 of my own money, I will be sure to consult with you first... being you seem to think that your's is the only valid opinion....
Old 12-01-2003, 03:58 PM
Advanced

The OEM spoiler on the TSX is a waste of money. AMEN!!! The lip spoiler looks awesome.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:07 PM
Pro

Originally posted by EeryEleven
thank you for your ignorant opinion... the next time I plan on spending around $30,000 of my own money, I will be sure to consult with you first... being you seem to think that your's is the only valid opinion....
Great, that will prevent you from making more stupid mistakes like the Avatar that you chose!
And can someone really be ignorant based on the fact that they don't like spoilers on 4-Door sedans? Interesting...

Buff-Daddy = PhD!
Old 12-01-2003, 04:19 PM
I am Ahab!

Well, I hate to break it to you, but starting a thread telling people not to put spoilers on their 4-Door sedans is just an opinion too! Do I really think that people will NOT do this because of my post, no, it is just a different way of expressing an opinion. Maybe it's not your way or your style, but it is mine. So basically what you have done is given me your opinion about how I should express my opinions differently?

Telling people not to do something isn't giving an opinion its trying to force yours on them. If you had posted saying you don't think people should do it it'd be different. If you don't think anyone is going to change what they do why would you have bothered making the post to begin with? Simply making a post saying you think they are ugly and asking other people if they agree would've been different.

Where you think all spoilers look ugly except the lip spoiler I'm the opposite. The spoilers in that thread were IMO ugly. The oem spoiler on the car by itself looks out of place to me BUT with the oem kit it goes well. Then there's the lip spoiler. It doesn't look ugly to me but it looks pretty pointless since its barely visible however they can look nice on some cars like the TSX which has the larger trunk area.

BTW do you think you could have a conservation without insulting half the people your talking to with petty insults?

Oh and just because someone has a PhD doesn't mean they can't be ignorant about things.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:35 PM
Pro

Originally posted by tony4311

BTW do you think you could have a conservation without insulting half the people your talking to with petty insults?
This was your 1st post on this topic: "get over yourself not everyone has the same opinion. It's not your car so who gives a fuck." You were telling me to get over myself? Isn't that telling me what to do? And of course you showed your age/maturity by dropping an F-Bomb to drive your point home.

The truth is that I started this thread because I would hate to see a well built, nice looking car like the TSX turn into the next ultra desirable "rice" machine. Look what happened to the Acura Legend (especially the coupe) once they became affordable in the used market. All things considered, I don't really care because I don't even own a TSX, but I was trying to make people think twice about spoilers on 4-door sedans. They do not automatically make your car sporty and in most cases, make it look like it's trying to be something it's not. The TSX doesn't scream "look at me", it has subtle, classy styling/lines. Putting a plastic spoiler on the back of it just looks odd to me. But I guess those are the same people that are trying to compare the TSX with the WRX.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Buff-Daddy = PhD!
Get over yourself B-D. You're changing my opinion of you in this thread. And I have the impression that you won't find a shortage of Drs. here.