Sound installation in FLORIDA for TSX

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sound installation in FLORIDA for TSX

I see that many people get recommendations about where to do their install from this forum.

So are their any reputable installers that
1. know what their doing with the TSX (all of the LOC/differential/amp BS)
2. Won't BS you

Mainly I can do anything in central florida ( anywhere from Tampa to Orlando) or In North-central Florida (Gainesville/Jacksonville) area. Can't wait

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:32 AM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vpat25
I see that many people get recommendations about where to do their install from this forum.

So are their any reputable installers that
1. know what their doing with the TSX (all of the LOC/differential/amp BS)
2. Won't BS you

Mainly I can do anything in central florida ( anywhere from Tampa to Orlando) or In North-central Florida (Gainesville/Jacksonville) area. Can't wait

Thanks in advance guys.
U should go to the guys that did my car in orlando... actually wintergarden... AVC
Old 11-21-2005, 06:10 AM
Instructor

Audionutz in OCALA

http://www.teamaudionutz.com/photos2.htm
Old 11-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Instructor

++ on Audionutz! Drove from Jacksonville to have them do the work. They are that good. They specialize more in sound quality than SPL, but I'm sure they'll take care of whatever you need.

I had my custom install done there! Very knowledgeable and customer service is bar none. Steve and Dewayne are very cool. Plus, you know, they have experience working with the car.

Did you need more? Links to their work:

CDT HD-62 install

subs and amps
Old 11-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by sergeremi
++ on Audionutz! Drove from Jacksonville to have them do the work. They are that good. They specialize more in sound quality than SPL, but I'm sure they'll take care of whatever you need.

I had my custom install done there! Very knowledgeable and customer service is bar none. Steve and Dewayne are very cool. Plus, you know, they have experience working with the car.

Did you need more? Links to their work:

CDT HD-62 install

subs and amps
Sergeremi, I love your install. But just a quick question how much did that run you, and did they require you to purchase the parts from them...because I have a pretty low budget and was thinking of buying the stuff from www.onlinecarstereo.com and havnig them install it. Also if I drive there, how long did it take them to install the stuff in your car.

Can you break the cost down for me
Old 11-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Racer

...also what's your name so I can say "<<insert name here>> from jacksonville sent me" so I can get a discount and you can get a discount later
Old 11-21-2005, 01:50 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
or not.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Instructor

Sergeremi, I love your install. But just a quick question how much did that run you, and did they require you to purchase the parts from them...because I have a pretty low budget and was thinking of buying the stuff from www.onlinecarstereo.com and havnig them install it. Also if I drive there, how long did it take them to install the stuff in your car.

Can you break the cost down for me
No purchase was required from them, in fact I purchased the CDTs online along with the amps. But the stuff they do carry and recommend is quality and they do the best they can to get you a fair price. Yet if you’ve got your own equipment to bring, they won’t mind.

My total budget was relatively high. It was around 2 to 2.5k. I don’t know the complete break down off the top of my head but I had them do the install of:

- Install front components (with custom speaker mounts/baffles and mounting of tweeters)
- Install CDT upstage system (extra crossover and set of tweeters)
- Dynamat extreme and dynamatting (trunk, front doors)
- custom sub enclosure and install (fiber glass with vinyl cover)
- custom amp covers (with vinyl cover)
- DLS sub

The total I can’t really remember, but I want to say it was around $1200. I’ll have to see if I can find the invoice somewhere and PM you.

If you do visit, just tell them the dude from Jacksonville with the Acura TSX mandated that you check them out. Don’t think there’s any referral discounts in it or anything, but it’s good to know satisfied customers are sending clients their way
Old 11-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Racer

Sergeremi, I saw that audionutz didn't use LOCs, thats good to know, any problems with your set up...damn it looks like I'm going to have to buy JL amps even though I think that's seriously going to eff up my budget

I wouldn't mind a slight engine whine at 0 volume that I wouldn't even notice at 1 volume if it would save me 100 bucks on 4 LOCs.

Also, with the question of amps. Will the Phoenix Gold XS6600 listed as having "differential speaker level inputs for Lease installs" according to onlinecarstreo.com be compatible with the initial method that Spoon advocates?
....if not can you guys reccomend amps that are ensured to work with the "spoon method"

And if the engine noise is really THAT THAT bad and noticable, can CJAMS advocater of CCS SECOND method give me more insight on the issue?

I'm a complete nub, and the car audio shop that I'm going to seems to recognize this and is looking to take advantage of me (methinks). I want COMPLETELY COST EFFECTIVE solutions

So who will win the war?

CJAMS+CCS or Spoon+ElDude
Old 11-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^Just remember Spoon isn't even using his TSX HU!! He has an aftermarket unit running underneath in the storage compartment. Thats why he is the ONLY person saying the eldude way works fine!!! Because he's not using it!!! He doesn't know!!!

You may be able to avoid a little bit of the motor noise by using "prefered" amps. But you will still have a fade and balance issue!!! ANd i'm sure a pop when you go from "acc" on to starting the engine!
Old 11-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Instructor

Sergeremi, I saw that audionutz didn't use LOCs, thats good to know, any problems with your set up...damn it looks like I'm going to have to buy JL amps even though I think that's seriously going to eff up my budget

I wouldn't mind a slight engine whine at 0 volume that I wouldn't even notice at 1 volume if it would save me 100 bucks on 4 LOCs.

I'm a complete nub, and the car audio shop that I'm going to seems to recognize this and is looking to take advantage of me (methinks). I want COMPLETELY COST EFFECTIVE solutions
Things sound great with my set up. Can't really talk to any of the other methods. Like I stated in my posts, the engine noise isn't really an issue with the volume up past 3. However, with the radio turned off, it's really bad. I don't ever turn it off (why would i want to after having it installed!) but just turn it down to zero if I need a quick mute (the knob works well enough).

I don't get any "pop" when turning on the car with the radio on. From "acc" or otherwise. I do get a pop when turning the radio off (while the car is on/running) and turning it back on (pushing the knob on/off).

Don't know anything about the amps or the Spoon method, sorry.

If anything, Audionutz has the tools and knowledge to do a no LOC hook up, but I suspect it would cost more than the easier LOC method. I just know that I had horrible noise when going with the LOC method on my initial install (done at a local shop that didn't follow my instructions).
Old 11-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Racer

If anything, Audionutz has the tools and knowledge to do a no LOC hook up, but I suspect it would cost more than the easier LOC method. I just know that I had horrible noise when going with the LOC method on my initial install (done at a local shop that didn't follow my instructions).

It costs more to do the RCA splicing as opposed to the LOC? are you sure?... I thought the LOCs were like 30 bucks a pop and you had to use 4 of them... :oh snap:

oh yeah btw...

how much did the install alone cost at audionutz?
Old 11-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Instructor

Don't know about the actual install costs.

Just call them up and ask what they can do for you within your budget.