So I visited the dealership today

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile So I visited the dealership today

I've always wanted to drive the TSX. I've been lurking around this website for months learning as much as I can about the car. On paper it looks pretty decent and from what you guys boasting about the car sounds even more tempting. Anyways, the weather was really nice today so I decided to visit the dealership to check out the TSX. Hopped on my s2000 and drove with my top down to the dealership. Upon arriving at the dealership there was several TSX parked outside the building. Several of them were the left over 05 and 04. There were a few 06 also. One thing that I noticed were the rarity of the 6 speed TSX. There were none on the lots. I went inside the show room to see if any of the salesman would want a piece of me To my amazement no one seemed to care that I was there. I thought to myself these mofos must think I can't afford the car I walked around the show room a bit checking out the NSX, MDX, RL, and the supped up TSX (automatic, boooo)Then an Asian salesman decided to chat with me. Finally, I get some attention I told the guy I was there for a test drive only and not really interested in buying it yet. The guy agreed to get me the car, a red one, to drive without any hassle. I was really looking for a 6speed manual but he didn't have one on the lot for me to drive, either 06 or the previous year, wierd. The car seemed to have plenty of power and acceleration to me even if it was an automatic. Mind you I've just driven my s2000 before hopping into the TSX. Any how, back to the dealership after the test drive. The guy told me that it's really hard to get a 6 speed manual especially with the color combo that I was looking for, Artic blue with ebony interior. Oh he also wanted me to put a $10,000 deposit down to order the car if I wanted to test drive the 6 MT, WTF??? I told him that I will take my time and check out another dealership for a 6MT and that I was not in any hurry to buy the car. He also told me that the best that he could give me for a 6MT with nav is $30,950. I told him that this car does not worth more than $30,000. Anyways, can anyone confirm the availability of the TSX as far as the 6MT is concerned, is it that hard and rare to find one? This guy checked his dealership's computer and apparently the 'shortage' applies to Oregon and Washington's dealerships.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:58 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Well, he isn't lying about the rarity of the 6MT, especially with Navi. Many people have had to wait a long time to even lay eyes on a 6MT. Honda predicted most people would want the TSX in auto (and they are probably right) so many more TSX's are made in auto than stick. So combine the less availbility with the reasonably high demand for the 6MT and you have a rare car to find...But he was stepping over the line by asking for 10 grand from you for a deposit
Old 02-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Banned

I told the guy I was not going to put down a deposit just to order a car so that I could test drive it I was suprised that the dealership didn't see the need to try and get a 6MT so that people can test drive it. I guess the minute they get it in people would snatch it off the lot in an instant.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Benchwarmer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can vouch for the lack of 6MT's. I needed to order back in January, looking at delivery in April. The sales guy's out of his mind with the price and deposit though. You can do a search here to find reasonable figures for both. Maybe try another dealer with a phone call. I'm in the Chicago area and it took 2 weeks to find an '05 6MT to test drive. I still haven't seen an '06 manual in person. But I would recommend driving a 6MT--it really makes the TSX if you like the stick
Old 02-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Overlord

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Twisteds2k
I told the guy I was not going to put down a deposit just to order a car so that I could test drive it I was suprised that the dealership didn't see the need to try and get a 6MT so that people can test drive it. I guess the minute they get it in people would snatch it off the lot in an instant.
... which makes it really stupid to ask for a $10K deposit. It's not like they'd get one in and then never sell it...
Old 02-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Racer

Well, come down to Californa/Socal if you want availaibility. There are lots of dealerships around here, and one of them is bound to have a stick/nav combo in that color, and willing to do a trade with another dealer. May take a while, but I guess if your not in a hurry =) get to know your new car all the way up back to oregon/washington. These things are pretty dang rare, so =/ g'luck is all i can say.

But.........

10G's to reserve a test car is BS....... they just wanna make sure your gonna buy it from them the moment they get it. If you have money down(especially THAT much), they have the upper hand in bargaining power..... naturally.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:03 AM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
^^agreed, 10k is a crock of sh**. Work the internet if you can, no way Im putting 10 down. I would also give those guys a couple of days too....sometimes some of those dealers play you like that, and then call you a couple of days later magically finding your car and come closer to your terms.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:35 AM
Instructor

6 speeds are rare but getting the color combo you want makes it that much more difficult. My 6 sp. Glacier Blue/Quartz is due at the end of the month if all goes well. Just a heads up....Los Gatos Acura has 2 Carbon Gray 6 speeds navi on their lot.
P.S........I never gave a deposit and they ordered the car just by me inquiring over the phone. I called one day to ask what cars they had coming in the next few weeks. I told the guy what color etc. I was looking for and he said he would order it,if I bought the car ...fine..if not...he said then they would have it on the lot....Not too bad.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Drives a Sunfire

I must live in the Nexus of the universe. Was at a dealership just yesterday, Columbia Acura, here in the 'Nati. They had not one, but FOUR manuals on the lot, 1 with Nav, in Carbon Gray/Ebony. Other colors were Glacier Blue, Red, and Silver all Ebony interiors, if anyone is interested in calling them. I was with two male buddies, so they completely blew us off, as to be expected being 24, gonna try going back with the fiancee next weekend and take one for a spin.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:01 AM
Banned

well, everything will come to a point of saturation. I'm gonna wait until summer. Hopefully, by then they will get a few more 6MT in. The weather is getting nicer around here which makes me wanna keep my S2000 for a little longer
Old 02-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Instructor

The dealer ship that i went to has a few 6M in MD.

I guess East coast and west coast are easier to find 6M and color options