Snow and the TSX!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snow and the TSX!

Hey guys,

I'm just curious what you all do with your snow brush when you're done cleaning the snow off of your TSX? Do you throw the wet snow brush in the trunk, or do you put it on your car seat?

Also, has anyone noticed any leather discoloration due to getting into the car wet (from snow or rain)? I tend to get a lot of snow in the car when I open up the car door after the car has been sitting over night. I try to get as much of it off the seat as possible, but I wasn't sure if there was a good way of preventing this from happening? It still seems to occur even if I clean the side of the car prior to entering it

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Instructor

i have a plastic bag in the trunk i keep it in

[IMG][/IMG]

had to use it today.. god i hate chicago weather.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Cruisin'

The trunk idea might be good idea, i've never tried it. Not sure if snow will fall will into the trunk when you open it. The trunk liner would be good (but I've got a subwoofer). Good idea to keep that moisture out of the car... but you will drive yourself crazy worrying too much about the leather, the car will survive some daily living. Don't actually throw the brush on the seats, use the floor! The all-weather rubber mats are cool.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by speedlimitz
i have a plastic bag in the trunk i keep it in

[IMG][/IMG]

had to use it today.. god i hate chicago weather.
I hear ya! I am right at the IL/WI border - Antioch to be exact. We got 11 inches! What a pain in the arse! I almost got stuck once with the TSX, but I was able to finally get out of my friends drive way after rocking the car back and forth for a minute.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:50 PM
6MT or Death

I keep mine in the trunk. When my car is buried I open up the trunk just enough to slip my hand in and grab it and no snow falls in. My car is an 06 and I haven't seen any discoloration anywhere.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:30 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
do not have that problem now since I live in North Carolina. Do not miss the snow, salt and dirty car. The pine pollen is in full force here, tho.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Racer

I throw mine on the all season mats. Never seen any discoloration, even though I've accidentally let in tons of snow many times.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Poser / Fanboi

Originally Posted by jswim99
I throw mine on the all season mats. Never seen any discoloration, even though I've accidentally let in tons of snow many times.
The all-season mats love the ice, snow, and mud, from the snow brush or the shoes or whatever, and spray off much easier at the car wash than their OEM carpet counterparts.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All-weather floor mats! And after washing the car the other day, the best Acura extra I've bought actually... I usually used my arm to sweep the snow off my car as it was softer (and I could thus clear more before opening the door...), but when I did use the brush I'd knock off the excess against my shoe and set it on the floor mat. (shoes also get knocked together before getting in the car too :wink: ) With the amount of crap I scrubbed off those mats, I can't imagine how anybody could use the carpet mats! I've also got a small microfiber towel that I keep in the car-- so when the snow did get in, I could wipe the seat & door off easily. It folds up nicely and fits in the door sill.

Though a related question I have-- how do you clean the gas pedal and that "rest" pedal on the left? The brake was easy enough, but with those grooves, I could only get them mostly clean... We had a particularly messy winter, so the ice/sand that was (and still is...) everywhere was unavoidable...

We lucked out and were just enough south of that latest storm that we didn't get any of it! We've had flurries today, but nothing that's really stuck.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Advanced

No discoloration of leather and mats. I still need to use winter rubber mat and clear the windows before i get the brush out of the car. As long as you use a good steam vacuum cleaner in the spring on your mats you will be good. And we did receive a lot of snow this year in quebec province.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by jswim99
My car is only outside 2 days/nights a week (at work for 24 hours), but if it's going to snow, I bring the brush inside with me. When it's time to clean the car off, I have the brush and there's no need to get inside the car (hence no snow in the car). If you do need to get in, just brush the snow off (gloved hand) around the outline of the door (whichever door you want to get in) and that way you can open the door without dumping much snow inside. When I'm done, I bang the brush against a tire (knocks all the snow off) and just throw it on mat (I use the WeatherTech rubber mats). I take the carpet mats out when the car is new, put them back in when I get rid of the car (lucky new owner gets new carpet mats).