Side swiped -- need help from NYC

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 03:16 PM
smn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Side swiped -- need help from NYC

So I was side swiped this morning by a livery cab driver. I was driving on a lane that split (you could either go straight or bear right). She must've try to cut me from behind because I did not see her on my right side and the entire right side of my car is ruined. I got an estimate from my insurance company and it would cost about $4k.

Does anyone in Brooklyn (or NYC) know of a good & reputable collision/body shop? I'm worried that the paint on my PWP will not match and even worse, begin to chip.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by smn
So I was side swiped this morning by a livery cab driver. I was driving on a lane that split (you could either go straight or bear right). She must've try to cut me from behind because I did not see her on my right side and the entire right side of my car is ruined. I got an estimate from my insurance company and it would cost about $4k.

Does anyone in Brooklyn (or NYC) know of a good & reputable collision/body shop? I'm worried that the paint on my PWP will not match and even worse, begin to chip.

hey bro im in manhattan i know a very reputable place where they fix my back bumper and my friends 2007 infiniti ... the color was pearl white...im telling u the cheapest car they have there was ours.lol... no lie.. a ton of ferrari's maserrati , bmw, ect. let me know i have to take my car cuz i got hit again in my bumper..
Old 08-09-2008, 10:11 PM
smn
Advanced

Originally Posted by offsight204
hey bro im in manhattan i know a very reputable place where they fix my back bumper and my friends 2007 infiniti ... the color was pearl white...im telling u the cheapest car they have there was ours.lol... no lie.. a ton of ferrari's maserrati , bmw, ect. let me know i have to take my car cuz i got hit again in my bumper..
Thanks for responding offsight. Could you PM the name and address of this shop? Thanks again.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:14 PM
smn
Advanced

I'm leaning towards Rallye Acura in Roslyn, Long Island. Anybody have experience with their body shop?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would go with rallye too, i never had experience with them, but they seem to do things very professionally. From the cars i've seen in the lot waiting for pickup, they do a fine job. Let me know how it goes! They're costly though.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Instructor

I had my TSX repaired at Classic Auto in Greenwich, CT. I know it seems far, but I mention it because it's next to the train station so it would be easy to get back and forth from NYC. They did a very good job on my ABP when it was side swiped.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Instructor

don't goto rallye. A friend of mine had to get his side door repainted and there were noticeable small bubbles in the paint when it was said and done. I've also had a crappy experience with their service department.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:26 AM
Is waiting in

There's a Classic Auto Collision here in Queens, NY as well. Perfect match for PWP, as they've done my car when it got hit last year.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:26 AM
smn
Advanced

Originally Posted by muncher
don't goto rallye. A friend of mine had to get his side door repainted and there were noticeable small bubbles in the paint when it was said and done. I've also had a crappy experience with their service department.
Did your friend go back to get it fixed? I assume Rallye has some type of warranty on their work.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:33 AM
where is my garage?!

art auto in long island city.

they do good work, and they work on a lot of hondas/acuras. if you go, tell them john in the black TSX sent you.

i've been their twice. once was to get my grille painted, the other was when some car swiped the side of mine in a parking lot and left with no note.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:01 PM
smn
Advanced

just to give some of the people who end up looking at this a heads up. i heard that the acura dealership in brooklyn outsources their body shop work to a 3rd party body shop. apparently this body shop does not use a booth to paint the cars...just a curtain.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:12 PM
TSX MFG Date Sep 2006

Man...

I'm currently in White Plains NY (third time within 3 months) and each time I'm nervous driving the Hwy 278 up north from LaGuardia to White Plains. You have some of the narrowest windy roads ever.

And people drive here like they're on the Formula circuit! My third time, I'm more prepared, but I don't think I would ever be used to it. I'm happy that I don't have my TSX with me. Driving a rental... so nudging against the narrow middle divider wouldn't hurt so much (haven't done it yet, but have been inches away (side mirror)!