Radio REplacement kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006 | 07:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Radio REplacement kit

I got a friend that just buy a TSX an wanted to replace the factory radio. I was wondering if anyone know where i can go buy dash kit for it? We found one but they was asking $800 for a factory kit.

Does any1 know where i can buy aftermarket DASH KIT?
Old 04-16-2006 | 08:30 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

doesn't exist, but u say you found one for $800???

I wnana see that!

post up
Old 04-16-2006 | 08:52 PM
TSX Addict

Originally Posted by 97AcuraCL
doesn't exist, but u say you found one for $800???

I wnana see that!

post up
If you use an aftermarket head, you will lose your alarm / keyless entry and lighting for the clock / climate control.
Old 04-16-2006 | 09:14 PM
my acura sanctuary

Originally Posted by AznWayTL's
I got a friend that just buy a TSX an wanted to replace the factory radio. I was wondering if anyone know where i can go buy dash kit for it? We found one but they was asking $800 for a factory kit.

Does any1 know where i can buy aftermarket DASH KIT?

I think it would help if you define what you mean by aftermarket DASH KIT?
Old 04-16-2006 | 09:17 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

I wish someone would make a way to install an aftermarket single din unit in the cubby pocket, and allow you to switch over to it like it's an aux changer, then you could run whatever you want from that Headunit thru the OE head.

Then you could keep the volume wheel switch etc. from the OE head and just set a mean vol. on the aftermarket heat.

then when you sell the TSX you could simply remove the aftermarket head. I figure this would work on the 7th gen Accord as well.
Old 04-17-2006 | 12:13 AM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Originally Posted by MrChad
I wish someone would make a way to install an aftermarket single din unit in the cubby pocket, and allow you to switch over to it like it's an aux changer, then you could run whatever you want from that Headunit thru the OE head.

Then you could keep the volume wheel switch etc. from the OE head and just set a mean vol. on the aftermarket heat.

then when you sell the TSX you could simply remove the aftermarket head. I figure this would work on the 7th gen Accord as well.
uh that already exists... doesn't it? a lotta people on the board use the kit adapter from the Accessory MP3 player to fit the single din fold out screens, you could put a regular headunit through it couldn't you?

but you'd still be hooking up the speakers through the oe headunit. which would kinda defeat the purpose of an aftermarket head unit.
Old 04-17-2006 | 06:34 AM
Instructor

you can feed the factory head unit into the aux (if available) on the aftermarket one, then using all new amps you'll be able to totally bypass the acura "premium" sound system
Old 04-17-2006 | 06:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 97AcuraCL
uh that already exists... doesn't it? a lotta people on the board use the kit adapter from the Accessory MP3 player to fit the single din fold out screens, you could put a regular headunit through it couldn't you?
My guess is that he didn't know about it, but as expensive as that is, it sounds pretty cheap all of a sudden.

but you'd still be hooking up the speakers through the oe headunit. which would kinda defeat the purpose of an aftermarket head unit.
I guess it depends on what he wants to do with it. Play MP3 CDs perhaps? Watch a spectrum analyzer? Get Sirius? Myself, I'd rather get an MP3 adapter, although, I'm still waiting to see what is going on with the Blitzsafe one...

But with that same adapter, you could also run an aftermarket head unit through it, and the adapter would allow you to switch from the stock radio to the aftermarket unit with the steering controls, etc.

So it could be done, but it does sound like you should really have a good reason ....
Old 04-17-2006 | 06:39 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Please post this thread in Audio & Video in Off-Topic.