Question on the Navi and the nose bra

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003 | 11:36 PM
Instructor

Question on the Navi and the nose bra

I've been messing around with the system these past two days. I've pretty much figured out everything and read the owner's and navi manuals.

I'd just like to know if there's a way to switch screens to the CD, AC, or radio controls from the map or the main menu screen using the voice recognition.

I can't seem to find that command anywhere. I'm to the point where I have the screen options memorized, but I still have to hit the Audio or A/C controls on the console.

Lastly, how do I take the nose bra off? Stupid question..."pull this off, blah, repeat...". I was looking at the techs put it on, but not paying attention and I want to take it off. I don't believe there were instructions with it explaining installation/removal and cleaning.

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2003 | 12:49 AM
Advanced

Not sure what the official answer is, but I notice the Nav sometimes doesn't recognize my voice command if the screen is on another menu (but sometimes it does). But as far as I can tell, you CAN'T change the screen display by voice.
Old 08-18-2003 | 12:52 AM
Pro

it is pronounced Nav, not navi

no prob Larch

Why would u need another screen, just leave it on map. If u are using coice commands u tell it the temp and to turn fan up or what not. If done by voice y do u need to see the screen for it. CS I see needing mebbe. I havent driven in oh such a long time
Old 08-18-2003 | 12:54 AM
More On

I'm basically with siliobear. I thought that after a while I'd get everything about it, but I'm still pretty much in the dark on these things.

Funny, looks like none of us have read the Nav manual -- not even us TSX fanatics. It's great that there's such a big manual for the Nav, but -- it's so big, who's gonna read it?
Old 08-18-2003 | 12:58 AM
More On

Originally posted by moreace
it is pronounced Nav, not navi ....
Thanks Mo
You're always on top of it
Yeah I said on top of it
Rappin away with mirth and jokes
And when we need it serious pokes
He's known west and east
And when we see his posts ain't no doubt it's ol MoReace
Old 08-18-2003 | 01:41 PM
Not an Ashtray

Re: Question on the Navi and the nose bra

Originally posted by MSB128
I've been messing around with the system these past two days. I've pretty much figured out everything and read the owner's and navi manuals.

I'd just like to know if there's a way to switch screens to the CD, AC, or radio controls from the map or the main menu screen using the voice recognition.

I can't seem to find that command anywhere. I'm to the point where I have the screen options memorized, but I still have to hit the Audio or A/C controls on the console.

Lastly, how do I take the nose bra off? Stupid question..."pull this off, blah, repeat...". I was looking at the techs put it on, but not paying attention and I want to take it off. I don't believe there were instructions with it explaining installation/removal and cleaning.

Thanks.
That answer, unfortunately, is "no." I wish you could do this and think it is stupid that you can't . I would like to be able to go right from the menu screen to the audio or HVAC screen with one command "Display Audio" and Display Climate Control" for example. But, you can't do that. You can only get to those screens with a button push.
Old 08-18-2003 | 01:51 PM
Racer

navi navi navi!!!
Old 08-18-2003 | 02:27 PM
Racer

Originally posted by ebcheon
navi navi navi!!!
Old 08-18-2003 | 04:14 PM
More On

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Old 08-19-2003 | 09:53 PM
idx
Senior Grasshopper

Originally posted by larchmont
Funny, looks like none of us have read the Nav manual -- not even us TSX fanatics. It's great that there's such a big manual for the Nav, but -- it's so big, who's gonna read it?
Still dealing here, so I haven't had the opportunity to obsess over the manuals.

-r