pricey little devils

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003 | 07:38 PM
10th Gear

Angry pricey little devils

hey folks, i just paid msrp on this baby and the dealers here in denver are standin on their prices, no dealios to be had.
oh yea. and i won't see the car for 8 to 12 weeks. somebody make me happy till my ship come in.
Old 09-29-2003 | 08:20 PM
5th Gear

Talking I feel yo pain

i'm waiting for my CG/6MT/Ebony to come on or abouts oct 6. if i wanted the quartz, it would have been december before it came. if it's any consolation, my jetta wouldn't have lasted till then. i had to act, and act wisely...
Old 09-29-2003 | 09:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: pricey little devils

Originally posted by loren m.
.....somebody make me happy till my ship come in.
Well, the good news is: this is one car which is actually WORTH its MSRP. This might sound silly now, but you'll probably agree once the car's in your hands. Welcome!
Old 09-29-2003 | 10:09 PM
Drifting

Congrats man. The bad news is that 8-12 will be like a prison term. The feeling you'll have when you finally receive it will be priceless. Trust me, I waited three months.
Old 09-30-2003 | 03:40 AM
Cruisin'

Hi everyone. I just got my CG/Quartz/5AT/Navi today (9/29) and although I was lucky to have waited only 2 weeks...it felt like an eternity! I probably shouldnt feel that relieved because I don't know how hard it would be to wait for 8-12 weeks. I suppose it was luck that I found a dealer who had one coming to him with a VIN and all. He told me that between it sitting in the lot and when I picked it up, four people were trying to make offers for it. Well, dont feel bad about MSRP because I paid that too. Congrats on your purchase and heres hoping that you will get it sooner than 8-12 weeks!
Old 09-30-2003 | 03:08 PM
Intermediate

Congrats on joining the family. May you get lucky like I did, someone cancelled out on their order and I moved to the head of the line. Still think it is the greatest car I've owned, this after three other great Acura's.
Old 10-01-2003 | 01:22 PM
10th Gear

Well Loren, I'm sorry you have to wait so long but I got mine at Courtesy Acura for about 900.00 under invoice and it had just arrived on the Dealer showroom. Meteor silver A/T w/o navi.
Old 10-02-2003 | 12:53 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

I pick up mine from Courtesy Acura tonight, paid MSRP, did get all season mats thrown in ($100!!) and didnt pay for their protection package (bet most people dont have to either)
Old 10-02-2003 | 01:02 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by virus7
I pick up mine from Courtesy Acura tonight, paid MSRP, did get all season mats thrown in ($100!!) and didnt pay for their protection package (bet most people dont have to either)
Congrats. Nice choice of color too.
Old 10-05-2003 | 12:04 PM
Intermediate

Thumbs up PRICE ON TSX

WELL I JUST BOUGHT MY BRAND NEW ACURA TSX WITH 18 MILES ON IT. THE 1ST DEALERSHIP I WENT TO IN HOUSTON SAID MSRP AND NOTHING LOWER. WE WENT TO A SECOND DEALERSHIP, I TOLD THEM I WILL BUY RIGHT NOW IF THEY GIVE IT TO ME FOR 25,400. THEY SAID OK. MY TSX WAS A LUCKY LITTLE GUY. IT GOT FREE TINT, FREE MUD-FLAPS, FREE WHEEL LOCKS, AND A FREE TRUNK COVER( THE HARD PLASTIC). THAT WAS A 400 DOLLAR UPGRADE I GOT ALL FOR FREE, AND I GOT THE CAR FOR 25,400. I LOVE THIS CAR SO MUCH. I PRAISE YOU JOHN EAGLE ACURA OF HOUSTON.

SOUTHWEST ACURA OF HOUSTON ........

IF YOU WANT THE TELEPHONE NUMBER TO THE DEALERSHIP THAT HOOKED ME UP, E-MAIL ME AT BADBOY6453@EARTHLINK.NET
Old 10-16-2003 | 12:53 AM
9th Gear

Those dumbasses at the first dealership just lost a guaranteed sale! I can't believe they let you walk for $1500....your gain, their loss.
Old 10-16-2003 | 01:11 AM
Banned

Acura uses a different strategy than most car companies. Their margin (MSRP vs. invoice) is less; they try to keep supply just a little bit below demand in order to prop the price up; they make great, reliable cars and SUV's. I really think Acura should double their sales targets for the TSX. If it takes 8-12 weeks to get a car, some people will shop elsewhere. Acura is leaving money on the table!
Old 10-16-2003 | 01:22 PM
Racer

TSX price

I noticed recently that the Carsdirect.com "target" price for a TSX non-navi is $27,035. That's higher than it was back in April/May, although the target price concept is a little wishy-washy.

I'm glad I got mine back in May, rather than waiting around for the excitement to wear off and the price to drop closer to invoice, 'cause it looks like it would have been a long wait.
Old 10-19-2003 | 04:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Iceman
Acura uses a different strategy than most car companies. Their margin (MSRP vs. invoice) is less; they try to keep supply just a little bit below demand in order to prop the price up; they make great, reliable cars and SUV's. I really think Acura should double their sales targets for the TSX. If it takes 8-12 weeks to get a car, some people will shop elsewhere. Acura is leaving money on the table!
8-12 weeks seems VERY excessive to wait for one. I think that some dealers are saying this to seem great when they accomodate this much more quickly. Every dealer has a list of what cars they have on-order and in-transit. They have a 6 week notice of on-order cars and should be more than able to accomodate an request within 6 weeks. They may have to pull either a dealer trade or an on-order trade, but more than 6 weeks is a joke. Let me know if there's more aid that I can offer.
Old 10-19-2003 | 08:09 PM
10th Gear

VETTY INTARRRESTING! Good info, and much appreciated. Thanx
Kurt.
Old 10-29-2003 | 04:02 PM
Intermediate

People,
Be aware, just because a dealership cuts another dealership by $500 does'nt mean they are still not shafting you. There are hundreds of other ways to make up the difference. Here's what you need to know.
The exact bottom line which would be the amount to finance you need to see it in writing.
I've heard horror stories of customers getting nailed with things like dealer prep, paint and fab, DPA which stands for Dealer price adjustments, insurances that they had no clue that they purchased and you wont find it out until you get in to finance.
So what could happen is you get this wonderful deal for $27000 drive out (supposedly) but when you turn around to try and trade the car a year later you owe 30k your great deal just turned out to be a really great deal for the dealership.

Just be aware..
Old 10-29-2003 | 11:54 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Iceman
No shit!

This is the same moronic mistake they made with the Odyssey and the MDX. How many people went and bought an RX-300 because the waiting list for an MDX was 2-3 months? If they had been in plentiful supply back when I was looking, I would be an MDX owner today.

On the bright side, it looks like Honda has finally learned its lesson with the TL; no ridiculous waiting lists AFAIK (certainly not at any of the dealerships I've visited in SoCal).