Possible New TSX owner of Pearl white on black.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible New TSX owner of Pearl white on black.

I was finally able to locate the car that i want (well at least is what they are telling me) from a dealer here in jersey.

Tomorrow i will go and finish negotiations, and if they have what i want i have three questions for all of you.

1) the car needs to be delivered. The guy says he will provide me with the vin number. I remember someone mentioning that you could look up the vin number on edmunds.com and you would know where the car is coming from. Anyone have a link for that since i couldn't find it on the edmunds site.

2) I am sure they will be asking for a deposit. Should i put this in a credit card since they don't have the car in their possession?

3) obviously i shouldn't sign anything till the car arrives, but people who have done this before do you apply for financing and get the contract written out before you have delivery of the car?

thanks for any comments
Old 07-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Intermediate

Pearl White on black? is that a new color combination for 2008?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Instructor

Thanks for your very informative input. obvioulsy i meant pearl white with ebony interior. and the car is a 2007 tsx.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by btoline
Pearl White on black? is that a new color combination for 2008?
pearl white/ebony color combo came out in '06 for us market
Old 07-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by itsme27

1) the car needs to be delivered. The guy says he will provide me with the vin number. I remember someone mentioning that you could look up the vin number on edmunds.com and you would know where the car is coming from. Anyone have a link for that since i couldn't find it on the edmunds site.
You can register on ownerlink website and use the VIN to check the vehicle description for all Honda and Acura vehicles. I think it is www.ahm-ownerlink.com but go to www.honda.com for the exact link to ownerlink website.

2) I am sure they will be asking for a deposit. Should i put this in a credit card since they don't have the car in their possession?
Do not put more than the amount you are comfortable with...I would say $500 is a fair deposit. If the dealer has confidence in you then you can always get away without the deposit.

3) obviously i shouldn't sign anything till the car arrives, but people who have done this before do you apply for financing and get the contract written out before you have delivery of the car?
As long as you don't sign the sale deed and the Original owners document you are not tied to the car, hence I would avoid signing those. Apart from that you can have all your financial documents aka loan, trade, etc taken care off. Also you may request a draft of the final sale document show that you can look over and see what you are paying and work out any inflated dealer fees or option that they might sneak into the sale at last moment.

Good Luck
Old 07-07-2007, 12:17 AM
PWP/ebony/6MT/Navi

I was finally able to locate the car that i want (well at least is what they are telling me) from a dealer here in jersey.

Tomorrow i will go and finish negotiations, and if they have what i want i have three questions for all of you.

thanks for any comments
i had to go thru the same 3 weeks ago for delivery of my car so maybe i can help a bit.

you're one step ahead of me, cuz the dealership wouldn't even tell me the VIN. so i told them i refused to pay for a new car when it was delivered to me with hundreds of miles on it (normally it's driven not trucked when they "trade" with other dealerships) and i couldn't break it in my own way. the manager promised less than 100 miles, then the salesman i was dealing with promised me only 60-75 miles upon delivery to me. i then called every dealership within that radius ;-) but of course that didn't work because they were so excited about the sale, they had already reserved the car so it wasn't showing in inventories anywhere. i figured out where it was though, and this was confirmed once i saw the title docs!

anyway i made it sound like i wasn't going to buy it, and then they told me they'd already reserved it, and so i knocked down the price more (they didn't want to be stuck with it!), and gave my credit card # to hold (make sure your card has fraud protection) under strict instructions that the car was not acceptable with dents/scratches, etc.

they charged nothing to the card, and gave me back the post-it they wrote it on (no idea if they copied it down before giving it to me, but that's why u need fraud protection!) when i went to view the car the following day to make sure there were no dents, scratches, etc... then we signed the purchase agreement after it was all ok, i met with financing (got a better rate there, and will probably refinance elsewhere later when rates go down) the next day, gave a check for down payment, and i drove off with my new car!

in short: check out the vin on the site, don't sign anything until you check the car out, better to work out a credit card # deposit based on no dents, scratches, etc., and try to get financing at a bank (may get a better rate if your credit's ok, if not you can refinance later when rates are lower!). good luck, and looking forward to having another PWP/ebony around here!
Old 07-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Instructor

Thanks for the replies you guys have been great, hopefully i can join this great community soon as a car owner!
Old 07-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Instructor

Soooo here is my update. I have tried to find this car

2007 pearl white (ebony) 6 speed w/ navigation. For about a month now. There is a total of two cars of this kind in the tri-state area. (I am in new jersey)

I want the car with the a-spec body kit factory installed. Every dealer i talked to would not budge under 33,000 OTD. Went to the dealer today that will be getting delivery of this car and was able to get it 32,600 OTD w/ a-spec body kit. I put a deposit down but i haven't signed any ownership papers.

Anybody in jersey think this is a fair price? since dealers in jersey are not really budging specially for a car so hard to find.

Also any tips on how to squeeze accessories out of the dealer once i go to sign for the car, or even how to squeeze the price a little lower?

Thanks for any replies again.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:10 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I would like to add that the PWP with ebony is a fantastic color. Unfortunately I couldn't get the 6 spd cuz of my parents. I had to get it with navi because there were no PWP with ebony in the tristate area here which is OK, TX, LA... I know its not the same state but I think I got mine 29,500 OTD navi 5AT... Also mine came tinted and with this BS called Nitro in the tires....whatever that is...
Old 07-09-2007, 06:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Trying emailing the price minus $100 to other dealers in your area and see what they offer...... Pit dealer against dealer and see what happens. Give them all the specs of the TSX your looking for.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:43 AM
White-Ebony-6spd

white w/ ebony is such a ghey color combo
Old 07-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by LoveMyTSX
Trying emailing the price minus $100 to other dealers in your area and see what they offer...... Pit dealer against dealer and see what happens. Give them all the specs of the TSX your looking for.

thanks for the reply...Thats how i started out. I emailed about 20 different dealers in the tri-state area. Everyone said that car is not out in the market. Or they wouldn't go under 33,000 OTD. (including the a-spec body)

The good thing is this dealer gave me the vin number of the car, and since i put a deposit down the car is technically mine. But the manager seems very stingy and i know is going to be a pain the in butt squeezing some accesories out of him. I think the puppy look would only work if i was a girl. Damn women have all the power.

I tried the real confident approach but i think i just come off as arrogant. So i'll try to be non chalant, but firm about getting some accesories. I am going for all season floor mats and a trunk mat. anybody got any other reccomendations?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Advanced

Pohanka Acura in Chantilly VA has a white/ebony 6spd navi model on their lot. If its not too far of a drive you might want to give them a call. www.pohankaacura.com
Old 07-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Instructor

wow thanks for that tip....four hours is not a bad drive to same some money, i'll let you know what happens, i feel like giving you a present.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:57 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
wow thanks for that tip....four hours is not a bad drive to same some money, i'll let you know what happens, i feel like giving you a present.
It is fun to be able to drive the car home even if is a long-distance drive. What makes it better is getting a great deal. I live in north carolina and bought my tsx in PA to get the lowest price and my 06 spd milano red/ebony/w nav.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Instructor

Yea i love to drive, but i would have to drag the wife with me i dont think she would enjoy the idea of driving back for three hours. I got this va dealer to come down on the price, i want them to come down more, lets see what i can squeeze out of them.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Instructor

www.pohankaacura.com anyone buy from this dealer? i just finished reading dealerrater.com and honestly i am a little scared to drive all the way to virginia for a big nightmare...

http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Po...ra-review-253/

Please someone convince me that this dealer is okay to buy from.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Instructor

Alright here is my situation:

I live in new jersey negotiating for a 2007 acura tsx pearl white w/ aspec body kit.

Scenario 1:
I buy the car from Pohanka Acura in Virginia for 31,800 OTD that includes all season floor mats, and a trunk mat. Drive all the way down there (321 miles) which i wouldn't mind until i read this:

http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Po...ra-review-253/

My senses are telling me this is going to be one big headache to drive down there to save $400.00 with the reviews that i read above. Any one buy from this dealer? or anybody think is really worth driving down there for $400.00??

Scenario 2:
I buy the car (waiting for delivery) from springfield acura here in jersey. They gave me an OTD price of $32,200.00 (after telling them the virginia dealer gave me a lower offer). And save myself a trip to virginia and possibly a big headache.

I kind of know what the answer is, i just want some people to confirm it.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:13 PM
PWP/ebony/6MT/Navi

errr... well reading those reviews, i'm sure you're not really waiting for the confirmations from all of us, are you???

i don't know what to tell you about the negotiations... sounds like they know you will pay for that because you're set on it... plus you did just put $$ down already! though you have managed to get the aspec - sweet! and at least it's 33K OTD not before TTL, etc. try the all season mats and trunk mat definitely - see if they'll tint the windows too (some dealers don't, like the ones here in MA apparently!? what's up with that?)

alternatively, seems like people out in CA get the best deals on their tsxs, based on the other threads on this forum. maybe you can fly out there and drive back?

or as a last resort, you could try pushing your wife to give them the puppy-dog-eye-look.

good luck!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:43 AM
Instructor

Yeah one thing is your bargaining chip is low since they know you want the car. Unless you end up getting a different color...you can try what WhiteDragon07 says though...might as well try for some extra goodies for the heck of it...

I also don't think a 4 hour drive would be fun to take in a new car just because you'll still be in the break in period. Just my .02 again...hehehe
Old 07-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Instructor

I was actually able to haggle them down to 31,000 (w/ aspec body kit) OTD, POHANKA acura that is. We'll see what else i can squeeze out of them.

I am assuming if i go through this, I have to keep the car under 3 rpm's. No speeding on the way back i guess.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Instructor

OMG!!!!! i just got a call from pohanka telling me that they sold my first choice to somebody else!!! grrrr. somebody kick my ass please?

It was probably one of you since i announced to the world!!!! jk!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:02 PM
PWP/ebony/6MT/Navi

OMG!!!!! i just got a call from pohanka telling me that they sold my first choice to somebody else!!! grrrr. somebody kick my ass please?

It was probably one of you since i announced to the world!!!! jk!
*Knocking head on wall*
*rethinking that, then kicking itsme27's ass*

why did i know that was going to happen? and it's not because i suddenly decided i wanted another pwp/ebony/6spd/navi to keep mine company!
Old 07-13-2007, 02:45 AM
Instructor

Sorry to hear that dude. I would have killed to have the 6MT in my car if it weren't for my parents....