Planning on buying 2 TSXs in Ncal.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 05:20 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Planning on buying 2 TSXs in Ncal.

Hi all,

First off I would like to thank all the people who have posted great info concerning price and negotiation tips! We have confirmed a few of the bad dealer rumors and agree to stay away from Pleasanton Acura.

I am planning on puchacing 2 CG/TSXs; 1 navi, one without

(hopefully this month), for my fiance and myself, and am having trouble figureing out a good deal for both....

We have been noting that prices on the TSX are slowly coming down. 1500 of msrp +

We have considered asking for invoice for both as well as full body kits. thrown in.... do you think that this is a realistic offer for a two car deal? Any recomendations on dealerships or people we should talk to?

I have full payment for both cars and excellent credit, and wnat to make this a quick and painless as possible!

Any help/suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Sean
Old 02-17-2004, 06:46 PM
Advanced

Wow, 2 TSXs!!!! You must really like what you heard about this car. Why don't you get two different colors? Sorry I don't have any answers for you although I am sure buying two at once will be a bargaining chip.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:25 PM
bleh...

Wow, two TSXs! Like ZBJZ said you should get two different colors, not have them both be CGs.

As for a tip. It depends on what the salesman decides to do, but use your negotiation skills if you can to bring the price down further. Maybe have them include the bodykit at no extra charge or something and tell them you can always goto another dealer if they cant go for MSRP. That usually makes them want to bargain with you and keep your business.

Best of luck!
Old 02-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Cruisin'

LOL... I know two of the same color is strange!

At first she wanted the SSM, but then when she saw the CG she changed her mind (DOH!)....

I was a little put off at first, BUT I couldn't blame her for wanting the same color... (I guess)

I hope to get the bodykit thrown in for both cars, but will consider other options as well.

Thanks!

S
Old 02-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Cruisin'

LOL... I know two of the same color is strange!

At first she wanted the SSM, but then when she saw the CG she changed her mind (DOH!)....

I was a little put off at first, BUT I couldn't blame her for wanting the same color... (I guess)

I hope to get the bodykit thrown in for both cars, but will consider other options as well.

Thanks!

S
Old 02-18-2004, 12:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow two of the same color is strange...if i were to have two tsxes, my other would be PWP
Old 02-18-2004, 04:20 AM
TSX, baby!

Definitely check out Niello Acura:

Speak to either Gary Riley or Kelly Ritchie and tell 'em that "Michael from the South Bay sent you!" (I don't get anything but I'm sure they'd love to know that a previous customer referred you!)

They are the Fleet/Internet Managers and they will give you a deal with no BS and even better, treat you like you expect to be treated, not like the idiot car dealers in the Bay Area treat you (they act like they are doing YOU a favor!) HAH!

I may sound like I'm giving a sales pitch, but I drove all the way up to Sacramento from the San Jose area and to this day I haven't regretted it. They will go out of their way to make you happy - they did for me, anyway!

Niello Acura
4609 Madison Ave. (I-80 at Madison)
Sacramento, CA
916-334-6300
http://acura.niello.com

michael.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:11 PM
STC
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
you'll prob regret buying 2 of the same cars and esp 2 of the same colors.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Do I Make You Horny?

why dont you buy 1 tsx and either an mdx or a 2 door v6 accord?

also, if you do buy 2 tsx's........buy one CG (its the best!) and a white......or blue. the white ones look soooooo nice, imo!

or, tell her to pick both colors, earn some browny points! and just swap cars sometimes.

just my $0.02
Old 02-18-2004, 05:53 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
As Y2K4 aluded, make sure you deal with either the internet sales manager or the fleet sales manager. In most cases they can do better than the people on the sales floor. Your best chances are to negotiate for cars that they already have on the lot. They will be less likely to give you a great deal if they have to order the cars. Offer to buy the cars at dealer invoice and see what happens. This gives the dealership a small profit from the dealer holdback. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

BTW, you can find dealer invoice prices at www.kbb.com or at www.edmunds.com.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:27 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the input guys,

took one last swing at changing her mind about the color...lol Oh well.....

Y2K4 TSX - thx for the advice... I contacted Gary (nice guy) but unfortunately he didn't have either car on his lot. Sounded like he would be more willing to deal if he did. Said he would give me a call if he received them.

We also went through our Credit union buying service and got approx 1100 off msrp (still a bit much for a two car deal), didn't really like the "I'm doing you a favor attitude from the broker. " either.

We will continue contacting Fleet managers and see what happens. As always... any help appreciated!

Keep you guys updated!
Thanks again for the encoragement/advice!
Sean

PS- does Justin still work at Steven Creek in San Jose???
Old 02-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Team Owner

Sean,
Some dealerships allow you to check their new car inventory via their websites. You may find that dealers not in your immediate area may have the cars you are looking for on their lot. They are more willing to deal on a car they have in inventory. This may work for you if you don't mind traveling a little. Again, good luck.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by dabuda2004
...if i were to have two tsxes, my other would be PWP
Same here! PWP is sweet. But if you have to get two CGs, at least take advantage of the two available interior colors (i.e. one Quartz and one Ebony).

Buying two cars at once should be a great bargaining chip, but I doubt they'll let you skip out at invoice price for both of them.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:48 PM
Cruisin'

Hey guys,

We contacted a few places that seems to still think that MSRP is a "GREAT" price?!?!?! (Modesto and Hopkins) ????

Talked to 'fleet' at Sunnyvale who discounted a WHOPPING $700 off MSRP for two cars. (uhhh... no thanks)

I realize that supply and demand have a lot to do with car sales, but there is no way I am going to pay 11.85 % over invoice(profit) for MSRP

We will try to hit Marin this weekend to see if rumors of a new shipment were true....

BTW - Thanks jlukja we are checking dealer websites... a few are a little inaccurate though but they are helpfull to determining stock levels. Thanks

FYI - were are putting together a spreadsheet with almost every detail of info on the TSX (navi and non) and the dealer profit margins, when it is ready we'll be happy to pass it around!

Keep you informed!
Thanks again,
Sean
Old 02-20-2004, 07:33 PM
CDR
Instructor

Sean, you might trying PM'ing user "rluerra" of San Jose who's also in the dealer hunt in the Bay Area (post title "Dealerships in the Bay Area"). His post says he got a dealer quote for $25,600, which would be $1400 off MSRP for a non-navi; be good to know who that dealer is.

Craig (in SJ)
Old 02-21-2004, 05:20 PM
UK Spec

Yep get to know the fleet manager or the sales manager

i bought my car from the fleet manager from a honda dealership

cause that is one level up from the floor sales... u have more room
to negotiate.. also he makes the final decision not the floor sales
so it's faster and easier imho
Old 02-22-2004, 07:24 PM
7th Gear

Hello Sean, I work at Sunnyvale Acura, I wasn't aware that you spoke to us. Please contact me personally for some real numbers on both vehicles. E-mail me and I'll give you my number and I'll work things out for you right over the phone if you are certain about the vehicles and as well as colors.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:48 AM
8th Gear

Originally posted by Y2K4 TSX
Definitely check out Niello Acura:

Speak to either Gary Riley or Kelly Ritchie and tell 'em that "Michael from the South Bay sent you!" (I don't get anything but I'm sure they'd love to know that a previous customer referred you!)

They are the Fleet/Internet Managers and they will give you a deal with no BS and even better, treat you like you expect to be treated, not like the idiot car dealers in the Bay Area treat you (they act like they are doing YOU a favor!) HAH!

I may sound like I'm giving a sales pitch, but I drove all the way up to Sacramento from the San Jose area and to this day I haven't regretted it. They will go out of their way to make you happy - they did for me, anyway!

Niello Acura
4609 Madison Ave. (I-80 at Madison)
Sacramento, CA
916-334-6300
http://acura.niello.com

michael.
When I called they didnt have the car I wanted and really would only do 500 under msrp, and I did say that is was going to travel but they really didn't care. I was unimpressed.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:03 PM
3rd Gear

Hi all,

I am Sean415's fiance. Just to let ya'll know, I still haven't changed my mind about getting the CG... but since I don't have a preference about the interior I am leaning toward the Quartz. Both colors compliment the exterior really well. We have been making some calls (and visits) and thought I'd give you all an update on what we've found so far.

First, I called Gary at Niello Acura (recommended on this thread by “Y2K4 TSX”), but he said he couldn't do much better than $1100 off of MSRP for each car at the time because he didn’t have the cars in stock. He was very nice on the phone and offered to give us a call if he found that he could propose us a better deal.

Then I tried Sunnyvale Acura after Steve (Happy2K) posted on the “TSX in stock @ Sunnyvale Acura” thread (in this forum). First, Steve’s co-worker answered the phone and sent me to third guy who said $700 off of MSRP. Later I get another message (in this thread) from Steve to call him again. I called him earlier today (2/24) and he said the best he could do was $1000 off of MSRP for each car. Each of the people I spoke to at this dealership told me I should buy it from another dealership because they couldn’t offer a better price. Both people’s demeanor gave me the impression that they were simply trying to pad their pockets than to make a sale.
For all the back and forth, this dealership has been among the least productive and the least friendly. Sorry Sunnyvale, I think you just lost our $52,000+ business.

Steven's Creek Acura made an inital offer of $1000 off MSRP for each car, but said that he would talk to the General Manager and call me back with an updated offer.

Marin Acura has been very willing to negotiate (and quite friendly), although we haven't come to an agreement yet. Their last offer was $2860 total off MSRP (approx. $1430 off MSRP for each car).

Pleasanton Acura has been another very friendly dealership who also appears to be very willing to negotiate. Their last offer was $3380 total off MSRP (approx $1690 off MSRP for each car.) This has been our best offer for both cars in the Bay Area, so far.

So that is the scoop. We are still looking for the right deal, but we’ll keep you posted. Thank you for all your support and information. This is a great community!!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by yogigemini
Hi all,

I am Sean415's fiance.....
Nice to have you, and good luck with your purchase
Old 02-24-2004, 09:44 PM
8th Gear

I am in. That would make 3.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:42 AM
4th Gear

those sound like some awsome deals in the bay area. All that I have to say is buyer beware. I was quoted a 1000 over the cost at Marin Acura through an email. I figured his cost would be the kbb invoice and that is 24690.54. When I called he then told me the best he could do is a total of 1595 over invoice. This upset me. I would have been pissed if I drove two hours to hear this. Sunnyvale quoted me 750.00 off MSRP.

You definatly have the ball in your court with the purchase of two TSX's. I am looking for about 1400 of MSRP including the protection package. I figure that will put me paying 25600.00 for a non-navi 6M.

I process loans at a local credit union down here in the bay area so do not be afraid to shot me an email if any of you need some good loan rates. Right now our best rate is 2.99 on 48 months/3.99 for 60 months. All you have to do to take advantage of these loans is live, work, or worship in the bay area and you can become a member.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:53 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by yogigemini
Marin Acura has been very willing to negotiate (and quite friendly), although we haven't come to an agreement yet. Their last offer was $2860 total off MSRP (approx. $1430 off MSRP for each car).

Pleasanton Acura has been another very friendly dealership who also appears to be very willing to negotiate. Their last offer was $3380 total off MSRP (approx $1690 off MSRP for each car.) This has been our best offer for both cars in the Bay Area, so far.
Welcome to the site. You're saying you're not happy with $1700 off each car's MSRP? That sounds like a really good deal unless they can't quote you a delivery time. That's what you need to watch out for.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:06 AM
8th Gear

Well it looks like we might have a group buy coming.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:10 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by my65bug
Well it looks like we might have a group buy coming.
Sounds like you'll need to pay with cash.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:24 AM
8th Gear

Originally posted by Jason
Sounds like you'll need to pay with cash.

Did I miss something. I would think 4 people that are interested might get a better price than 1.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:10 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

Sounds like you are getting really good deals (~$1700 off MSRP). I don't think you are gonna get anything better than that, even if you are buying to. Under normal circumstances, I would say that would give you a much better advantage but the demand is too high right now.

Just want to warn you to beware....make sure they can promise you a delivery date. I got screwed on my deal....dealer is now saying the car is going to be delivered 2-3 weeks later than what he said. Right now I don't know what to do myself since I hate being lied to...

Good luck and keep us updated
Old 02-25-2004, 10:42 AM
8th Gear

Originally posted by yuhoo22
Sounds like you are getting really good deals (~$1700 off MSRP). I don't think you are gonna get anything better than that, even if you are buying to. Under normal circumstances, I would say that would give you a much better advantage but the demand is too high right now.

Just want to warn you to beware....make sure they can promise you a delivery date. I got screwed on my deal....dealer is now saying the car is going to be delivered 2-3 weeks later than what he said. Right now I don't know what to do myself since I hate being lied to...

Good luck and keep us updated
That is total BS. They should have it in writing. This is another reason I like buying cars that are on the lot.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:35 PM
10th Gear

I'm in the process of negotiating a price for a tsx, white pearl. I was offered 25,742 from Marin, but your prices quoted here are even better. I want them to throw in some accessories but they're quoting me prices that are above their cost.

Is there a group buy here? With me, it looks like it'll be 5 people. I will pay with cash. I want several accessories (trunk tray etc) thrown in or at absolute dealer cost.

Will this work?
Old 02-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Drifting

Sounds like y'all got something going now.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:11 PM
7th Gear

I would think group purchase will jack up the price instead of low it since dealers feel the demands.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:55 PM

$1700 off MSRP seems like a good deal to me...just make sure they promised as delivered
Old 03-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Cruisin'

Talking Resolution! :)

Hi guys,

Sorry I (oops - I mean we) haven't updated our posts for a while, but we have pretty good news!!!!

We are now the proud owners of 2 new CG TSX's (one navi one without). Although she did decide for the quartz interior so we wouldn’t be exactly the same!!! LOL!

We are also happy to say that we got together with two other buyers (from this board) For a total of a 4 car sale. 2 CG's, 1 WP and one SSM.

We negotiated a about 1700 off MSRP with a few extra added (small extras). It was definitely a learning experience and there were some points of contention on both sides. But in the end we managed a 5.59% profit for the dealer and didn't destroy our good relationship with that dealer. We ended up dealing with Acura of Marin, (towards the end of the month - Feb 28th to be exact). We dealt with Marty and the GM there directly. Feel free to reference our deal, and work with it!

If you are in the market for a car, it is definitely worth the time to try try to find other interested buyers! THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS! Not to mention, we have met three wonderful people.
(Amailia, my65bug & wife- thanks guys!)

Well I am sure that my fiancé will have more details to add... later! We’ll post pics soon!

Thanks again for all the feedback and good wishes from those here on the board! Without you guys/Acura-tsx.com this would have been many times harder!

Thanks Again!!!
Sean

PS --- my finance has a very detailed excel spread sheet detailing dealer cost and what the dealer profit margin is! This was INCREADIBLY useful for keeping the BS to a minimum! She is a wiz with "Excel"!

Old 03-09-2004, 10:33 AM
Team Owner

Congrats on your new purchases. It just goes to show that a little homework can go a long way and is time well spent. Hope you enjoy your TSXs as much as I've been enjoying mine. Also, hope you stay active on this board so that we all benefit from your buying and ownership experience.