Picking up the TSX tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003 | 10:02 PM
Cruisin'

Cool Picking up the TSX tomorrow

I got the call to the big leagues today.

My TSX was unloaded to the lot tonight and will be ready Friday afternoon. I guess they have to do a lot to a car off the truck to get it ready, so I'll deal with it, but I can't wait. Normally, I feel sad taking out the cd's, emergency kit, change, etc. of my current car, knowing it will be gone tomorrow, but I couldn't do it fast enough tonight. I love my Maxima, but never developed a bond with thing like I did my old Altima.

Only disappointment is that it is about 30 days past the initial delivery date, but oh well.... 15 hours and counting. I took the day off Friday, and I'll have a couple drinks tonight just to get some sleep. Thanks to everyone on the site for all of the advice and insight.
Old 10-23-2003 | 10:10 PM
Burning Brakes

I can relate to the long wait you experienced. On the bright side though, man is it worth the wait. Taking the day off was a smart move, I picked mine up and went back to work. That SUCKED. Anyway, good luck keeping the revs in check for a few hundred miles.
Old 10-23-2003 | 10:19 PM
Cruisin'

Swami, It's like looking in a mirror. I got the SSM, Ebondy, 5AT also (with nav). My dealer is SO close to some nice winding country roads so thanks for bringing me back down to reality before I went too far. Then again, I have two words for you.. Road Trip.
Old 10-23-2003 | 11:25 PM
10th Gear

Originally posted by TSX_Pgh
Swami, It's like looking in a mirror. I got the SSM, Ebondy, 5AT also (with nav). My dealer is SO close to some nice winding country roads so thanks for bringing me back down to reality before I went too far. Then again, I have two words for you.. Road Trip.
the one i test drove was a 5at and its surprised me pretty much didnt feel like a normal auto.. plus it will have to be auto for me since its my family car
good luck with your car and take some pics please
Old 10-24-2003 | 11:30 AM
Stuck in Purgatory

Ah, I see my evil twin has finally arrived in the 'burgh! :devil:

Congrats! I'm sure you'll have a very nice weekend!
Old 10-24-2003 | 11:02 PM
Advanced

I'm jealous. My TSX is still on the freighter. It's supposed to be delivered late next week, but I'm expecting it will really be the week after.

This is getting harder by the day. Fortunately, I didn't have to wait the full 2 months. The original owner of this car backed out. I've only waited for two weeks now.

I just have to hold out one more.
Old 10-25-2003 | 12:16 AM
Cruisin'

First day report: I got the car with 8 miles on the odometer, and it is unbelievable. First thing I did was test the bass and no rattles. Entire car is solid. It's first trip was to a Penguins game. I was nervous as hell leaving it in the parking lot, but it's all good. This car is f'n t!ts!!!!!

Demon, look forward to seeing you on 279 real soon. If I see you, I'll punch the gas and scream "Oh hell yeah", just to make sure you know it's me!!!

This car has an amazing ride, but one feature which I really love is how the interior just wraps around you. The car fits like a glove, and my concerns over the 4 cylinder were quickly wiped away. This sucker blows my 2000 Maxima away.

I just got done reading the 50 manuals that were provided with this car, and I only have one question to those of you with the Navi. How often do you use the voice command as opposed to just doing it yourself?
Old 10-25-2003 | 07:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Congratulations on taking delivery of your new car!

So many of us know the feeling of the lonnnnnnnnnng wait, especially the last 24 hours prior to taking delivery. I've had mine for 5 weeks now.

I had the joy of seeing my car with all its factory wrappings. As I recall, off the truck, there's some sort of filmy goo that covers the tops of the car. There's plastic that totally covers the rims. The front bumper has a board of styrofoam in front of it. Inside there's a mix of of plastic sheeting covering the seats as well as some cardboard on the floor. It's like a cross between a cocoon and afterbirth without the umbilical cord.
Old 10-25-2003 | 07:58 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Brad
Congratulations on taking delivery of your new car!

So many of us know the feeling of the lonnnnnnnnnng wait, especially the last 24 hours prior to taking delivery. I've had mine for 5 weeks now.

I had the joy of seeing my car with all its factory wrappings. As I recall, off the truck, there's some sort of filmy goo that covers the tops of the car. There's plastic that totally covers the rims. The front bumper has a board of styrofoam in front of it. Inside there's a mix of of plastic sheeting covering the seats as well as some cardboard on the floor. It's like a cross between a cocoon and afterbirth without the umbilical cord.
Haha. Nicely put. There is nothing like picking up a brand new car is there. In my book, worth the cost of initially driving it off the lot.
Old 10-25-2003 | 09:51 PM
Stuck in Purgatory

Originally posted by TSX_Pgh
I just got done reading the 50 manuals that were provided with this car, and I only have one question to those of you with the Navi. How often do you use the voice command as opposed to just doing it yourself?
I rarely use the voice command. Most audio/climate controls I do myself because it's quicker. "Find the nearest..." is the most common voice command I use.

I'm glad you have no rattles in the car so far. I just started getting the "creaking dash" reported in the car fixes forum. I don't know if it started creaking because it has traveled a fair number of miles or the colder weather. (I'm leaning toward the latter - no rattles today, 70 degrees outside.) Will probably have to take it to the dealer soon.
Old 10-26-2003 | 06:55 PM
Cruisin'

Filmy goo

"As I recall, off the truck, there's some sort of filmy goo that covers the tops of the car. "

I killed a large bug with my hood on Saturday, so when I got home I wiped it off and noticed a line of imperfections in the paint that went along the entire width of the hood above the grill. I was freaking out. It looked like a real bad touch-up paint job. After a few minutes of F-Bombs, started to rub one of the imperfections and it turned out to be some type of glue. It pealed off like rubber cement.

The immediate stress probably only took a year off of my life, but I'm glad it was just glue. Not sure if anyone else has run into this or not.
Old 10-26-2003 | 08:43 PM
5th Gear

Contgratulations on your new TSX. I picked mine up last Monday, and it has been great. There's plenty of power and it is smooth and comfortable. I didn't get the Nav, so I can't help you there.

AppTSX
Carbon Grey/Quartz
6MT