OEM body kit (request for pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 01:03 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM body kit (request for pics)

Well guys, I am returning a diamond engagment ring that I had bought and getting a full refund. Looks like I won't have to worry about making the payment on it afterall.

Now that I have some money to spend....(actually I don't, but I want to spend it to make me feel better), I'm looking at the OEM body kit.

This has probably been discussed before, but is the OEM bodykit easy to install by yourself? I won't have any extra hands to help since I moved to a new city and haven't made any friends who are car enthusiasts.

Anyone with a satin silver TSX with body kit...please post some pics. The pics I've seen have been quite small and would like to see larger pics. Thanks!
Old 07-29-2003, 01:06 AM
Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!

i dont have a picture but heres a site for oem acura tsx parts. Hope it helps

http://www.autocarparts.com/cars/Acu...ero-Parts/ALL/
Old 07-29-2003, 06:56 AM
Über Geek

I'm getting mine installed in a few days (but on Carbon Gray) so I don't know if pix will help.

More importantly, what's the deal with returning the ring? Quite a detail to gloss over. Did you choose a car over a girl? THAT'S devotion.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:15 AM
Burning Brakes

I was wondering.. after installing the bodykit, is there any noticable gaps between the kit and the body? Is it going to create some nasty dirt deposit all around your car? Because that's what it feels like after looking at an old TL with bodykit, and it was actually installed by an Acura dealer.

Foo, even though the TSX is a great car, but still, sorry about the ring thing.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:36 AM
Racer

just wanted to say sorry about the marriage plans... =(
Old 07-29-2003, 10:12 AM
Instructor

About the ring, I was ranting out of frustration. Thanks for the sympathy though. And no, I didn't choose the TSX over the girl. It's just that her parents wanted me to finish medschool before proposing to their daughter which will be another 3 years so I'll have a job to support her (even though she's already a doctor)

So I figured I'd get the body kit to cheer me up.

For those who are getting the body kit, are you purchasing through the dealer or through online site. So far, hondacuraworld seems to be the cheapest so far.

I'd like to save on installation cost if I could do it myself. But again, I'd like it to be a one day project and simple bolt on without having to drill, etc. It seems most people are getting theirs installed by dealer.

I wouldn't mind seeing pics of other TSX with body kits. I'm debating on whether to wait for more JDM body kits to be available or just get the OEM one. Maybe your pic will help me decide.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:03 AM
Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!

I remember asking the dealer salesman about rsx body kit and he said u can do it urself, but im not sure about tsx
Old 07-29-2003, 05:40 PM
Advanced

Re: OEM body kit (request for pics)

Originally posted by Fooman
Well guys, I am returning a diamond engagment ring that I had bought and getting a full refund. Looks like I won't have to worry about making the payment on it afterall.

Now that I have some money to spend....(actually I don't, but I want to spend it to make me feel better), I'm looking at the OEM body kit.

This has probably been discussed before, but is the OEM bodykit easy to install by yourself? I won't have any extra hands to help since I moved to a new city and haven't made any friends who are car enthusiasts.

Anyone with a satin silver TSX with body kit...please post some pics. The pics I've seen have been quite small and would like to see larger pics. Thanks!
Hey fooman, I have an SSM with just the bodykit w/o spoiler. Is that what you want for you car? If so here's the link, good luck with med school.

SSM w/ OEM bodykit

That's my yahoo account...if you have an imagestation account then I can upload some bigger pics for you
Old 07-29-2003, 05:47 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought we were supposed to get a Gallery forum? We really need that so you can just search for say .. SSM bodykit , and there ya go!
Old 07-29-2003, 07:38 PM
Racer

Re: OEM body kit (request for pics)

Originally posted by Fooman
Installation instructions are at https://webp6.t3link.com/hondacurawo...tructions/tsx/
I haven't gone through the instructions, but it wasn't a problem installing the body kit by myself on my Integra, but that doesn't mean the TSX will be the same.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:36 PM
Pro

hey man, sorry things couldn't work out...but eventually you'll come around to it. Good things come to those who wait! The kit is nice, could I suggest to you the mugen front? I'm planning to get that, it is sweeeeeeeeeeet. Pics should be floating around somewhere on the web.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:52 PM
Advanced

Here's the pic of the Mugen front lip...not the full bumper replacement

Old 07-29-2003, 10:00 PM
BDI
Banned

Installing the Kit on a TSX is really easy..............just follow the instructions.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:38 AM
Instructor

Re: Re: OEM body kit (request for pics)

Originally posted by Tengu
Hey fooman, I have an SSM with just the bodykit w/o spoiler. Is that what you want for you car? If so here's the link, good luck with med school.

SSM w/ OEM bodykit

That's my yahoo account...if you have an imagestation account then I can upload some bigger pics for you
Hey Tengu, your car is just right for me to get a good idea of how my SSM will look with the OEM body kit because I have no rear spoiler either. It looks very nice!!

I saw the pics on yahoo (thanks!) and I'm looking forward to more. I do have an Imagestation account so feel free to upload them when you have time.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:39 PM
Advanced

I just uploaded the same pics into my imagestation hope you enjoy it

One

TSX