The Next TSX????

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003 | 08:46 PM
TSX Lover

The Next TSX????

Now that the 2004 TL has been "owned", not literally of course, what is the next TSX release going to be like? Justin, back in the first week of this month you said there is another TSX model in the offing. Care to elaborate?? Please, please, please!!!

Remember I defended you on the HPT=AWD thing, even though you were wrong.
Old 07-29-2003 | 08:49 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Now this is a thread I can get pumped about After having this car for only 3 months ... I am pretty sure in 33 months when my lease is up I am going to step in to the "next level" of TSX that Acura brings us. I think if they brought over a TSX Type R with more HP, torque, even better handling and other things to make it a special edition ... I would sign up for that in an instant!

Here's to 33 months and counting (ok - maybe less if the timing is right for the '06 TSX ).
Old 07-29-2003 | 08:52 PM
TSX Lover

06' I was hoping for 05'
See, I haven't bought mine yet!!
Old 07-29-2003 | 09:01 PM
Racer

okay... so why are we discussing a "new tsx" when the current tsx is only 4 months old? little too eager IMO... =P
Old 07-29-2003 | 09:09 PM
TSX Lover

Originally posted by ebcheon
okay... so why are we discussing a "new tsx" when the current tsx is only 4 months old? little too eager IMO... =P
People here are always talking about Type S, Type R, Tourer, AWD. We are never happy.
Anyway, I just want to know what the heck Justin was talking about. More curious than eager.
Old 07-29-2003 | 09:09 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by ebcheon
No way

prballard - I say '06 cause of the 2 year refresh cycle that Acura runs ... '05 will likely be minor tweakage
Old 07-29-2003 | 09:13 PM
TSX Lover

OK, which will come first an AWD TL or Type R (or whatever Justin is talking about) TSX???? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 07-29-2003 | 09:19 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

I think Justin is talking about the wagon coming here.
Old 07-29-2003 | 09:21 PM
TSX Lover

Originally posted by fdl
I think Justin is talking about the wagon coming here.
If it had AWD I would replace my wife's Outback with a 5AT version.
Old 07-29-2003 | 09:22 PM
Pro

I am not talking about Honda because I have no clue, but often before the "refresh cycle" as prov calls it, the 1st year is this biggest change. My mom has a 99 CLK convertible. There are really no major differences between the years except from 99 (1st year) - 2000 the following changed: Steering wheel controls added, rims changed, blinkers moved to mirrors, body paneling became same color as car and probably a few more details I am missing. Do we see small things like this likely from Hinda for upcoming Oct cars or 1 year from now? what is w/ the smart tire needed in new cars that we have been hearing about? Speculations welcome, unless you are from Larchmont NY. I must include him in all posts, sorry
Old 07-29-2003 | 10:09 PM
TSX Lover

Originally posted by moreace
I am not talking about Honda because I have no clue, but often before the "refresh cycle" as prov calls it, the 1st year is this biggest change. My mom has a 99 CLK convertible. There are really no major differences between the years except from 99 (1st year) - 2000 the following changed: Steering wheel controls added, rims changed, blinkers moved to mirrors, body paneling became same color as car and probably a few more details I am missing. Do we see small things like this likely from Hinda for upcoming Oct cars or 1 year from now? what is w/ the smart tire needed in new cars that we have been hearing about? Speculations welcome, unless you are from Larchmont NY. I must include him in all posts, sorry
I am really not talking about minor tweeks. Justin suggested a new model. BTW bring on Larch!! He is not an Acura insider, but I am sure his comments will stir things up!
Old 07-29-2003 | 10:13 PM
Pro

I am talking about things like recessed door locks, lighted steering wheel controls.......
Old 07-29-2003 | 10:20 PM
TSX Lover

Originally posted by moreace
I am talking about things like recessed door locks, lighted steering wheel controls.......
I hope we see them. Memory seats and heated side mirrors (on the US version) would be nice as well. I still want the scoop on the next model, however.
Old 07-29-2003 | 11:42 PM
Integral & Acurate TSXer

Man, how fast you all seem to forget what we've reported over and over and over. The Accord Tourer was rumoured and then ultimately confirmed that it will show up in one form or another at some upcoming autoshow. The caption following this information was that 'the Tourer will be adapated for sale in the American market sometime soon'. TSX tourer? Expect it, no doubts.

J.
Old 07-29-2003 | 11:46 PM
Pro

that's great info, but tells me NOTHING
I am sorry, I am not larch
I can't read EVERY post
Old 07-30-2003 | 06:23 AM
wiz
Pro

It's amazing how people are never satisfied. Even if Acura did release a new TSX with AWD and more power and better handling, there would still be somebody who would want another TSX with even more power, IMA AWD (or just RWD), and a turbo charger on the 4...or a V6. I dunno, I think Acura made a great car and they knew what they were doing when they brought it here to America with the pricetag that's on it. If you are the type of person who can't appreciate something that's already here, but instead always looking for the "next new model", you're never going to buy a car and be happy with it, because you're always going to wonder, what will the next model bring to the table. Just my opinion.
Old 07-30-2003 | 06:38 AM
Inspired

I'm guessing Honda understands that and goes by the law of diminishing returns. They basically try to keep 95% percent of the people happy. There's always that 5% (not sure of the real number ) that can never be satisfied.
Old 07-30-2003 | 08:40 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by bowersan
Man, how fast you all seem to forget what we've reported over and over and over. The Accord Tourer was rumoured and then ultimately confirmed that it will show up in one form or another at some upcoming autoshow. The caption following this information was that 'the Tourer will be adapated for sale in the American market sometime soon'. TSX tourer? Expect it, no doubts.

J.
I personally don't think we'll ever see the TSX Tourer on these shores. North American's have never really embraced the station wagon. Instead they're buying up SUV's and Crossover's. With the TSX only selling 15 to 20,000 units a year I just don't think they have a market for a TSX wagon. Remember the Accord Wagon? Neither do I, but it was here. Honda's not typically a company that takes big risks, so trying sell maybe 5000 TSX wagons just does'nt seem likely IMO.
Old 07-30-2003 | 08:51 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by wiz
It's amazing how people are never satisfied. Even if Acura did release a new TSX with AWD and more power and better handling, there would still be somebody who would want another TSX with even more power, IMA AWD (or just RWD), and a turbo charger on the 4...or a V6. I dunno, I think Acura made a great car and they knew what they were doing when they brought it here to America with the pricetag that's on it. If you are the type of person who can't appreciate something that's already here, but instead always looking for the "next new model", you're never going to buy a car and be happy with it, because you're always going to wonder, what will the next model bring to the table. Just my opinion.
This is a good point ... understand what you are coming from. But as someone who likes to have new cars, works at home, and digs new technology including cars - I can lease cars and a reasonable total cost of ownership and be happy.

Some of us are just not built to own cars for 7 years.
Old 07-30-2003 | 08:59 AM
wiz
Pro

Yeah well, some of us are not lucky enough to work at home and drive less than 12,000 miles a year either.
Old 07-30-2003 | 09:08 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by wiz
Yeah well, some of us are not lucky enough to work at home and drive less than 12,000 miles a year either.
Right on man ... that is why they have chocolate and vanilla ice cream
Old 07-30-2003 | 09:17 AM
wiz
Pro

Originally posted by provench
Right on man ... that is why they have chocolate and vanilla ice cream
But I like both chocolate and vanilla...that's why I always get the swirl!
Old 07-30-2003 | 09:05 PM
TSX Lover

I haven't checked in for a day now and still no reply from Justin. I hope you guys are right about a TSX wagon, but it will have to an AWD option or my wife will never consider it. As for the old US Accord wagon, the profile view of the car was really ugly. It looked like they just threw a camper on a sedan or something.
Now the 03 JDM Accord Tourer, that is work of art.
Old 07-31-2003 | 02:51 PM
TSX Lover

Why no interest guys?
Old 07-31-2003 | 04:53 PM
TSX Lover

Once again Justin comes through!!!!

Here is his reply on my other thread!!!

Provench, have you seen this???

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...5&pagenumber=2

Here is a sample:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by prballard
Feature Package?? I am more confused than ever.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FP=Factory Performance=Mugen in Japan

FP is a R/D sub division within Honda. Currently they only offer performance upgrades in the area of suspensions, tires and body panels. But the goal is to expand this division to include engine mods, trannys etc. Think of AMG for MB and M cars for BMW.
Old 07-31-2003 | 06:07 PM
Pro

When? Do u need to buy an FP car orcan u buy parts and add to any TSX? Is it planned for TSX? Enlighten me