My Princess Just Got Hit in The Ass AGAIN!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004 | 09:15 PM
Gentlemen Racer

My Princess Just Got Hit in The Ass AGAIN!!!!!!

For the love of god and all TSX lovers, PLEASE lock your beloved TSX in the garage! Someone said once a car got hit it will be good for seven years...in my case: SEVEN DAYS!

This morning when I go to work I just got hit again! The guy in front of me decided to do a U-turn in a busy street. I stopped and honked at him to remind him how retard and inconsiderate it was...and BAM! I got hit at the back again! The funny part (well not so funny) is that I haven't even had the time to fix my last week's damage! So I don't even know how the insurance people will do to "split the claim."

This month is bad for our TSXers. So if anyone has a second car, USE IT! If your beloved TSX is your only car...make sure you be extra alert!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! MY PRINCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and pics will be posted once I went to ICBC tomorrow)

Old 04-20-2004 | 09:21 PM
Spooooooon !

Someone once said...

If you get into an accident once, shame on them -
If you get into an accident twice, shame on you -

Achem's razor man, I think if you keep your TSX off the road, we should all be ok.
Old 04-20-2004 | 09:41 PM
Gentlemen Racer

Originally posted by callmetsx
Someone once said...

Achem's razor man, I think if you keep your TSX off the road, we should all be ok.
Comeon~ it's not like I am causing my accidents...I am the victim man! Plus mine TSX is my only commute tool...so...I will have to carry some sort of James Bond Gadgets (eg Missle Launcher)
Old 04-20-2004 | 10:08 PM
Banned

i have an idea, why dont you go back to driving school, and learn how to advoid accidents even if they arent your fault
Old 04-20-2004 | 10:24 PM
Gentlemen Racer

Originally posted by GOSPEEEED
i have an idea, why dont you go back to driving school, and learn how to advoid accidents even if they arent your fault
I wasn't following too close to the guy in front of me...so when he flipped the u-turn I had plenty of room to stop...but the guy behind me didn't...so how could I avoid something that I couldn't control? Not that I am trying to flame anyone...just feel like crap...
Old 04-20-2004 | 10:28 PM
Banned

well if you get into alot of accidents, then what i would do is trade your TSX in for a HUMMER i mean it wont be that much of a change your already putting premium fuel in your TSX ( which i still dont undertand why it requires 91 fuel )
Old 04-20-2004 | 11:18 PM
such a dirty birdy

Someone once said...

No, I think Kanon23 should keep his TSX on the road. It seems to be some kind of magnet for evil forces that seek to damage TSXes. So as long as Kanon keeps that bashed-up hunk of junk rolling the rest of us are relatively safe.

Kanon23, I just want you to know that the rest of us do appreciate the sacrifice you're making for the greater good of the TSX community.

Old 04-20-2004 | 11:18 PM
Photography Nerd

Kanon23 that sucks dude! The good news is it will all be fixed at the same time.

Getting hit from behind is 100% the other drivers fault. There is practically nothing you can do short of stopping on a road and going into reverse that would make it your fault.

Dan's PSA for today:

My biggest pet peve about driving today is how close people follow eachother. I think everyone needs to take what they think is a safe distance and double it. Time how long it takes for something like a crack in the road or a road sign to pass the rear bumper of the car in front of you to pass the front bumper of your car. Should be a minimum of 3 seconds between cars.
Old 04-20-2004 | 11:23 PM
such a dirty birdy

Originally posted by Dan Martin

My biggest pet peve about driving today is how close people follow eachother. I think everyone needs to take what they think is a safe distance and double it. Time how long it takes for something like a crack in the road or a road sign to pass the rear bumper of the car in front of you to pass the front bumper of your car. Should be a minimum of 3 seconds between cars.
Yeah, but that nice salesman told me this car has anti-lock brakes, so I can stop quicker. He said, I'll never hit anything ever again. I think all that "safe distance" stuff must be for people with inferior cars.
Old 04-20-2004 | 11:36 PM
Don't listen to me.

My biggest pet peve about driving today is how close people follow eachother.
I admit that I am a tailgater. However never so close that I can't stop or avoid an accident.

This reminds me of the time I was driving in my 88' Camary. I was tailgating the car in front of me. The car behind me was even closer. The car in front of me slams his brakes. I serve and miss him, but the car behind me slams into him. That causes a 7 car pile up. I told the cop what happened and he just shook his head and said "there is always some A$$hole."

Kanon I feel your pain. I have had two cars totaled while they were parked. How do you avoid an accident if you car is not even moving?

callmetsx and GOSPEED need to listen more and not condemn others.
Old 04-20-2004 | 11:41 PM
Photography Nerd

You're bang on major.

The best safety feature car manufacturers could install in cars is an 8" steel spike in the middle of the steering wheel. If someone is staring at a pointy spike that would impale them should they run into someone they would probably learn to back off a little.
Old 04-20-2004 | 11:45 PM
Racer

Getting hit from behind is 100% the other drivers fault. There is practically nothing you can do short of stopping on a road and going into reverse that would make it your fault.
You laugh, but I actually had this happen to me in college, dude put his trailer hitch through my bumper.
Old 04-20-2004 | 11:53 PM
Don't listen to me.

You're bang on major.

The best safety feature car manufacturers could install in cars is an 8" steel spike in the middle of the steering wheel. If someone is staring at a pointy spike that would impale them should they run into someone they would probably learn to back off a little.
Didn't cadilac or olds have something like that in the 50s-60s but then discontinued it because people were getting impaled.
Old 04-21-2004 | 12:28 AM
STC
Burning Brakes

Kanon23 - i have a suggestion for u..........dont drive.
Old 04-21-2004 | 02:53 AM
Burning Brakes

hee.. Kanon... I just think you should keep sth in mind... the brake on our TSX is not "superior"; however, it is better than average cars on the street. So, always leave some room for the car behind, hee hee...
Old 04-21-2004 | 03:30 AM
Race Director

Kanon, maybe your princess has a nice a$$ that others want to "hit".....lol
Old 04-21-2004 | 08:24 AM

Originally posted by STC
Kanon23 - i have a suggestion for u..........dont drive.
Old 04-21-2004 | 08:57 AM
Gentlemen Racer

Originally posted by SAZABI
hee.. Kanon... I just think you should keep sth in mind... the brake on our TSX is not "superior"; however, it is better than average cars on the street. So, always leave some room for the car behind, hee hee...
I wish I could but it's quite impossible though...unless you have a good suggestions~plus we are talking about Vancover drivers here...somehow we see more idiot drivers on the road (remember the investigation from ICBC that someone in Richmond was selling licenses?)

Kanon23 that sucks dude! The good news is it will all be fixed at the same time.

Thanks! Finally someone has something supportive to say! Not that the others aren't but I just feel vulnerable since it's the guy behind me was driving without due care...and I always do...

Old 04-21-2004 | 10:27 AM
Spooooooon !

Well I agree with Dan that generally the rear-ender and not the rear-endee is at fault.

However, having that said I would be fairly pissed had I rear ended an idiot who stopped to give someone the middle finger in the middle of the road.

It would be my fault, because I did not stop in time, but there have been plenty of times where I almost hit someone because of a stupid move on their part.

You can only stop so fast.

Insurance companies dont raise the rates on drivers like Kanon for nothing.
Old 04-21-2004 | 11:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by KingV
You laugh, but I actually had this happen to me in college, dude put his trailer hitch through my bumper.
It happened to my gf about a month ago. People are stupid.
Old 04-21-2004 | 11:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by GOSPEEEED
....your already putting premium fuel in your TSX ( which i still dont undertand why it requires 91 fuel )
10.5:1 compression ratio.
Old 04-21-2004 | 01:32 PM
Team Owner

This situation with Kanon is most certainly not his fault since he stopped to avoid an accident. The only time that the fault would fall on the "rear-endee" would be if they stopped for no reason whatsoever (i.e. it was intentional or they were otherwise occuppied).

I feel bad for Kanon since both times, it was not his fault, but the accidents will appear on his insurance, nonetheless, and probably cause his rate to go up.

Sometimes, you're just unlucky.
Old 04-21-2004 | 01:32 PM
Gentlemen Racer

However, having that said I would be fairly pissed had I rear ended an idiot who stopped to give someone the middle finger in the middle of the road.
You can only stop so fast.
Insurance companies dont raise the rates on drivers like Kanon for nothing.
Well FYI he was still doing his u-turn while I honked him so I couldn't anything but stop and let him did his thing. If you were in my situation you wouldn't be saying the same thing...:o
Old 04-21-2004 | 01:33 PM
Gentlemen Racer

plus you should ask all the people from Vancouver, BC, Canada and see what kind of idiot drivers on the road...
Old 04-21-2004 | 01:38 PM
6MT Snob

Dude people cant help it you have such an attractive ass!
Old 04-21-2004 | 01:41 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

I thought this was the same "Princess in the Ass" thread as before.

Sorry to hear it dude.
Old 04-21-2004 | 01:50 PM
Gentlemen Racer

Originally posted by domn

Sorry to hear it dude.
Thanks man...well I just feel a little sad that people think I am partially responsible...
Old 04-21-2004 | 01:52 PM
6MT Snob

Originally posted by Kanon23
Thanks man...well I just feel a little sad that people think I am partially responsible...
You're only responsible fo having a car with an attractive ass
Old 04-21-2004 | 01:58 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

I think people are just suggesting that its not always the fault of the person doing the rear-ending. I don't really agree with that suggestion though.

If you are following someone at a safe distance there should be no chance of you hitting them, even if that person brakes for no particular reason. You should be prepared to stop under any and all circumstances (weather can be a factor though) Its always the fault of the person in the back in a rear ending collision. The insuarnce industry seems to feel the same way.
Old 04-21-2004 | 02:18 PM
Team Owner

Although I agree with you, domn, I have heard of cases where the insurance faulted the the car in front for the accident.
Old 04-21-2004 | 02:19 PM
Gentlemen Racer

I think people are just suggesting that its not always the fault of the person doing the rear-ending. I don't really agree with that suggestion though.

If you are following someone at a safe distance there should be no chance of you hitting them, even if that person brakes for no particular reason. You should be prepared to stop under any and all circumstances (weather can be a factor though) Its always the fault of the person in the back in a rear ending collision. The insuarnce industry seems to feel the same way.

This is the most constructive post I have seen here for a while!!!
Old 04-21-2004 | 02:29 PM
such a dirty birdy

Originally posted by KingV
My dad was rear-ended in the middle of a traffic circle ("roundabout"). The other guy went to his insurance company and claimed that my father was BACKING UP around the circle!
Old 04-21-2004 | 02:56 PM
Spooooooon !

Sorry to hear it dude.

Don't hear that everyday...

Old 04-21-2004 | 03:25 PM
Kickstand

Yea...I got rear ended the other day. Just enough to put a crease in the rear bumper. It made me miss my truck since I had the trailer hicth. That hitch save my bumper from 3 different idiots who plowed right into it. One had to get a new hood, one needed a new front bumper, and the other needed a new grill. The number of idiots out on the road scares me.
Old 04-21-2004 | 05:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah... we got too many idiots driving on the street in Vancouver.
esp. those old people who has nothing to do during busy traffic hours and decided to bring their cars out and block the roads.
Also, lots of old chinese female driving like bunch of morons on the street. (Don't say I am racist b/c I am chinese too). I wonder how these people get their license... Yeah, probably they bought the license off the dude.
Old 04-21-2004 | 05:28 PM
I'm allergic to bull

You guys should have driven in Vancouver, then you will totally understand how Kanon23 was talking about. The traffic there is just... ineffable...

I was once tailgated by an asshole in the middle of a morning traffic jam (No. 2 Road bridge toward airport). I made a smart move to other lane cuz he was just too damn close and I wanted to avoid unnecessarity. And I complained to my sister how a dangerous driver like that should really get punished by rearing someone. Soon after I finished my sentence, that driver rear ended the car in his front. Big time.

Let's call it fate, but it really made my day.
Old 04-21-2004 | 06:11 PM
Evil Empire Peon

What I really hate is Granville between Park and 41st.

It seems like every friggin' intersection, there's somebody turning left and then all the cars in that lane do some blind lane change.

Almost got hit by those guys twice this weekend. Why the heck can't they just wait or not drive in that lane????
Old 04-21-2004 | 06:32 PM
Racer

Kanon23: are you sure you weren't blasting your stereo a little too loudly . . .

"Hit me baby one more time!"