Left the movies last night..and..

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Finding my TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Left the movies last night..and..

A couple of my friends and I were leaving the movies last night around 12.30am (saw superbad, by far one the funniest movies ever). Anyways, i always try to park a little away from the bulk of the cars, so i parked off to the right. And whenever i leave my car at night, i leave the headlights on, so that when i come back and press unlock, they come on. So we're walking to my car, and i obviously unlock, and the illuminous blue headlights come on, while im admiring the beauty of it all, i hear a group of early 20 aged guys walking behind us saying 'wow, isnt that a slick car? the lights just make it even better'..and obviously, i think in my head 'thanks guys '.

Just wanted to share that, i know theres no pictures of how it looked at the time, but just imagine a 06 CGP standing all alone, just washed and waxed....heaven. thanks guys!

TSX headlights=
Old 08-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
For a minute there I thought I'd be reading something about a tsx getting in an accident. Glad to hear it wasn't so.
This is the photo section, so better post pics soon otherwise mods will close it.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:09 PM
2008 Acura TSX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PACman
For a minute there I thought I'd be reading something about a tsx getting in an accident. Glad to hear it wasn't so.
This is the photo section, so better post pics soon otherwise mods will close it.
Second this motion
Old 08-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Instructor

I've always wanted to do this...

ahh yes, all the satisfaction I thought it would be... and more...
Old 08-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
No picture, then wrong forum.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Post pics or lock
Old 08-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BackToStock
A couple of my friends and I were leaving the movies last night around 12.30am (saw superbad, by far one the funniest movies ever). Anyways, i always try to park a little away from the bulk of the cars, so i parked off to the right. And whenever i leave my car at night, i leave the headlights on, so that when i come back and press unlock, they come on. So we're walking to my car, and i obviously unlock, and the illuminous blue headlights come on, while im admiring the beauty of it all, i hear a group of early 20 aged guys walking behind us saying 'wow, isnt that a slick car? the lights just make it even better'..and obviously, i think in my head 'thanks guys '.

Just wanted to share that, i know theres no pictures of how it looked at the time, but just imagine a 06 CGP standing all alone, just washed and waxed....heaven. thanks guys!

TSX headlights=

man i feel ur love lol is the best when u hit that unlock button and u just wait for those headlight to come on lol sweeeeeetttt
Old 08-28-2007, 01:17 PM
I can't find my garage

haha good stuff
Old 08-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No pics... teh move!
Old 08-28-2007, 03:14 PM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 jdm headlights ftw.. u get more ooohs and ahhhs.
lol everynight when i close all my coworkers oooh and ahhhh when i unlock my door. lmao
Old 08-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Racer

Heck, I didn't even know we could do this. I'll try it at work in the morning. So you just leave the lights on, and when you hut the un-lock button, they turn on? Dang it I learned something...wonder what I just forgot?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:18 PM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
Yeah just make sure the lights are on when you turn off the car
If you turn them on after turning off the car, they'll stay on after you lock it
Old 08-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't use the headlight's auto-off feature. The more the lights are turned on, the shorter the bulb's life span. I don't want to have to rush into my car, or have the lights turn back off because I turned it on too far away...
Old 08-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Pro

i was washing my car yesterday and an old lady passed by saying "looking good!" i said thanks not knowing if she was checking out my car or my ass
Old 08-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
where's your PICTURE!

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
I don't use the headlight's auto-off feature. The more the lights are turned on, the shorter the bulb's life span. I don't want to have to rush into my car, or have the lights turn back off because I turned it on too far away...
I've heard this as well, so I don't leave the HIDs on ... just the parking lights. (In my work garage, I use them for visibility when entering and leaving.) I notice that when you crank the engine, the lights go off. So if you leave your lights on, they will ignite both when you unlock, and again when you start. Not sure the "cool factor" is worth the shortened lifespan (IF that is true, that their lifespan is lessened by each time they're turned on).

I heard this first in a forum when someone mentioned he doesn't flash his high beams during the day since it also shortens the lifespan of the HIDs.

Still, OP, it is a nice way to see which car in the parking lot is yours (mine is silver, and blends in). If you're happy to replace the bulbs in a few years, have fun in the meantime.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:51 PM

I don't want to have to rush into my car, or have the lights turn back off because I turned it on too far away...
In my year/model (2006), you can adjust this time out ... 0, 15, 30, 60 seconds (manual p. 121).
Old 08-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Superbad was ABSOLUTELY halarious, I saw it last night too... Oh and nice story.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:26 AM
Instructor

Exclamation

i love leaving work at night and hitting the unlock button and seeing bright bluish/white shining in my lot. i always park backwards for this reason, even though i like seeing my baby's fat ass.

luther
Old 08-29-2007, 12:28 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by davidspalding
I've heard this as well, so I don't leave the HIDs on ... just the parking lights. (In my work garage, I use them for visibility when entering and leaving.) I notice that when you crank the engine, the lights go off. So if you leave your lights on, they will ignite both when you unlock, and again when you start. Not sure the "cool factor" is worth the shortened lifespan (IF that is true, that their lifespan is lessened by each time they're turned on).
ive never noticed my headlights turn off when i start the car. i only notice my parking lights dim.

luther
Old 08-29-2007, 02:10 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
In my year/model (2006), you can adjust this time out ... 0, 15, 30, 60 seconds (manual p. 121).
yeah, i know about that. I'm a tech person, so I have every setting customized. But when I unlock the door to put stuff in the back seat, and then go into the trunk to put the rest of the stuff away...it's kind of hard to get to the driver's seat in time. My car tends to lock itself right before I get to the driver's door lol

edit: also, at work, we all leave at the same time and wait for the person to lock the gate. when it's my turn, and the lights turn on, people start driving away before I even touch my car's door handle lol
Old 08-29-2007, 07:31 AM
E92

Yeah, lifespan of HID's doesn't depend on how long they've been on, it's how many times they're turned on
Old 08-29-2007, 11:11 AM

yeah, i know about that. I'm a tech person, so I have every setting customized.
Ha-ha, I did that the 2nd or 3rd day I had mine. Read the manual, put Post-it notes all over it, and ... had a good ol' time sitting in it late at night and exploring all those. ... Was even tempted to reset them to default, to spend more time with the "stock settings," and ... have fun resetting them all over again.
But when I unlock the door to put stuff in the back seat, and then go into the trunk to put the rest of the stuff away...it's kind of hard to get to the driver's seat in time. My car tends to lock itself right before I get to the driver's door lol
Aye, there's the rub. You sort of have to adapt to the car a bit. I'm enjoying that the keyless entry fob trunk release is entirely separate from the door locks. But still learning subliminally that opening the trunk means opening the doors separately. I set off, erm, tested the alarm when i took delivery by unlocking, and opening all the windows, with the fob, then doing an outside walkaround, then trying to unlock and open a door with the internal lock post. "Alarm tests good!"
... At work, we all leave at the same time and wait for the person to lock the gate. when it's my turn, and the lights turn on, people start driving away before I even touch my car's door handle lol
The TSX is clearly the leader!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Pro

This doesn't work to adjust the amount of time the headlights stay on after unlocking the doors - and trust me, I've tried. (IIRC, there are two time-out settings, but I believe one is for the amount of time until the headlights turn off after hitting LOCK, and the other is for the interior courtesy lights. ) No matter what I do, the lights turn off much sooner than is useful. I can unlock my car from across the parking lot, but the lights turn off after maybe 10 paces. Conversely, if I make myself wait until I'm closer to the car to unlock (to avoid the lights turning off), I have to be pretty close to the car for that to work.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Pro

when I unlock the door to put stuff in the back seat, and then go into the trunk to put the rest of the stuff away...it's kind of hard to get to the driver's seat in time. My car tends to lock itself right before I get to the driver's door lol

Your car locks itself even though you've used the doors and trunk? That sounds odd. What if you had put your keys on your back seat along with all your stuff?? You'd be screwed.

Sounds a little like the Auto-Relock setting, but the locks aren't supposed to Relock unless you hit UNLOCK and then don't touch anything after a set time.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Pro

But still learning subliminally that opening the trunk means opening the doors separately. I set off, erm, tested the alarm when i took delivery by unlocking, and opening all the windows, with the fob, then doing an outside walkaround, then trying to unlock and open a door with the internal lock post. "Alarm tests good!"The TSX is clearly the leader!

When you have your remote, pressing the trunk button will only unlock the trunk. The doors will not unlock, and the alarm re-arms itself after you've closed the trunk.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Intermediate

Maybe not so good

Originally Posted by DLTSX6MT
When you have your remote, pressing the trunk button will only unlock the trunk. The doors will not unlock, and the alarm re-arms itself after you've closed the trunk.
I often press the trunk button only. But now thinking about the re-lock after closing the trunk, maybe going to the trunk first is not a good idea. What if you inadvertently leave/drop your fob in the trunk. I did this once many years ago in a rental car; it was locksmith time.

Unless the trunk won't lock if the key fob is in it? Anyone know? I guess I could try it at home, having the 2nd key fob in hand.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Sweet!

Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
I heard this first in a forum when someone mentioned he doesn't flash his high beams during the day since it also shortens the lifespan of the HIDs.
The high beams are a separate bulb and the HIDs don't turn off when you use them. At least with my car they don't. When I turn on or flash the high beams the HIDs stay on.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:36 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by thunder04
The high beams are a separate bulb and the HIDs don't turn off when you use them. At least with my car they don't. When I turn on or flash the high beams the HIDs stay on.
he was referring to the fact that when you flash your high beams with your headlights off, the HIDs turn on as well. and they say it's not how long your HIDs run for that kills them, it's the amount of times they've been turned on and off.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:16 AM

Your car locks itself even though you've used the doors and trunk? That sounds odd. What if you had put your keys on your back seat along with all your stuff?? You'd be screwed.
I think we were talking about someone unlocking doors, then remotely opening the trunk, without opening any doors. Auto-relock will lock the four doors. Not sure if this same happens if you open the trunk from the manual release (above the plate)
Yep. No confusion there. That's what I like, the trunk can be accessed without even unlocking (which could arguably result in leaving the car unlocked if you only use the trunk release, then walk away).
Old 08-30-2007, 09:28 AM
E92

Yep. No confusion there. That's what I like, the trunk can be accessed without even unlocking (which could arguably result in leaving the car unlocked if you only use the trunk release, then walk away).
If you unlock all the doors but only open the trunk, the doors will lock after 30 seconds or so
Old 09-02-2007, 10:35 PM

I actually tried what the OP described, by setting my headlight time-out at 60 seconds ... on my 2006, with the timer set to 0, you have to open the driver's door for the lights to snap back on. I'd grown accustomed to that. But with the timer at a default or higher value, the parking and headlights snapped on before I entered. Yep, the lights didn't blink off and on when I started the car.

But I noted a quick blink of the headlights after unlocking (or was it when I opened the driver's door? don't remember clearly). I'm not sure if the blink was long enough to "shorten" the lifetime of the lights ... anyone know?
Old 09-02-2007, 10:43 PM
6MT G37

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
hey whats your name kid? uh uhm uhm its(gulp) Mclovin.. lol
Old 09-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Racer

what area is that? in our area no one really cares what you drive because everyone has either a bmw, acura or lexus, you gotta have either ridiculously expensive car (ferrari or lamborgini) to get noticed or something very unique
Old 09-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Tsx6363
i was washing my car yesterday and an old lady passed by saying "looking good!" i said thanks not knowing if she was checking out my car or my ass
do you have a tramp stamp? that'll do it right there...