Just put a deposit down today.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 09:36 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just put a deposit down today.....

Hi everyone,

Just started the paperwork for our CGP QLI TSX w/NAVI today. Had a couple of questions. Paid $27,742 + tax + DMV. Have they been selling them that much under list for long? I was real surprised to see it under list since the car seems to be selling real well and US allocations are so small (@ 13,000). When I speak to the finance manager, what can I expect them to try to sell me and are any of the items worth it?

Thanks in advance

Old 03-07-2004, 07:09 PM
7th Gear

Can anyone answer me before I have to go to the dealer for delivery?

Old 03-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Congratulations! I think you have chosen one of the most beautiful colors for the TSX, and you will really love the navi!

I was tempted to get the extended warranty, but I resisted in the end, and I am glad that I did. First, I was not quite sure if I would keep the car that long, second, the quote by the finance manager was higher than what I have seen online anyway. Plus, you can really get it any time before your warranty runs out (though they may give you a higher rate the longer you wait).

So, in short, I don't think you need to get anything else.

Congrats again!
Old 03-07-2004, 09:50 PM
Intermediate

The price really depends where you live, when you are buying and how you are financing. Go to the Acura.com website and check out the accessories, most of them sell for under retail. I would get the all season mats and trunk tray personally. You might also want to consider the front nose mask for highway trips. I just put a deposit down myself so I don't know too much about the extended warranty and protection packages yet but I am planning on getting Lo-Jack installed. My dealer is giving me free oil changes/state inspection for life as well as the loaner car arrangements. I am pretty sure most dealers are different on that sort of thing so I would definitely ask around. Good Luck