ITR / Former ITR owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004 | 05:13 PM
Advanced

Smile ITR / Former ITR owners

Are there any ITR owners here that can share their thoughts on switching over to the TSX?? Do you miss the rawness of the teg and is the handling and power sufficient for some fun on the TSX??

I know they are completely different cars, but I am about to sell my ITR for either a TSX or TL. Are guys/gals, happy with the performance aspect of the TSX comming from an ITR???

Thanks for the insight!!
Old 03-10-2004 | 07:16 PM
I am Ahab!

There's a coupole. It seems that at least 1/3 of the people used to own a regular Integra though.
Old 03-10-2004 | 07:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: ITR / Former ITR owners

Originally posted by speedyturtle
Are there any ITR owners here that can share their thoughts on switching over to the TSX?? Do you miss the rawness of the teg and is the handling and power sufficient for some fun on the TSX??

I know they are completely different cars, but I am about to sell my ITR for either a TSX or TL. Are guys/gals, happy with the performance aspect of the TSX comming from an ITR???

Thanks for the insight!!
I had a 98 ITR (of course it was Championship White). I regret the day I let it go. Whatever you do, don't sell your ITR to get a TL, TSX, or any new car. Just keep it in addition. You'll kick yourself when you think back to how perfect of a car that it was for its time. Words can't describe how I miss that car. There was no better all-around package than the Type-R.
Old 03-10-2004 | 07:48 PM
YBA
Burning Brakes

THe 2 cars are different... very very different... I got rid of my Type-R because it was a pain to drive long haul. The engine revs so high that you are always tempted to go faster (gets you aggressive)... On the other hand it could get annoying... I used to drive Montreal - Toronto (569KM) every week. My fastest was 3H20 (including 2 fill ups)...

The TSX is less rewarding but at least is doesn't want to be pushed as much as the ITR (see speeding tickets). The TSX is much more civilised and wraps the passenger with good amenities...

I'm about to get a used NSX (97-99) in the near future... So the ITR will not be as missed as now ;-)

Best Regards
Old 03-12-2004 | 01:24 AM
Advanced

Re: Re: ITR / Former ITR owners

Originally posted by kurt_bradley
Whatever you do, don't sell your ITR to get a TL, TSX, or any new car. Just keep it in addition.
I wish that I could do that too, but $$$ issues of course. That and the fact that I only have 1 garage and I'd hate to park either one of them outside, espeically with the high theft rates of the R.

I will miss the R's ablity to just have pure fun, but it's just not that practical anymore as highway travel has become more of an issue.

I'm just wondering if the TSX would be sufficient in the long run or if I should just go for the power of the TL.
Old 03-12-2004 | 08:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Are you making payments on the R? Why be worried if you aren't? You'll get a multi-car discount on your insurance that can be of assistance. About storing it outside, it's called a car cover. Your local Acura dealer can get you a factory one that has a great level of protection and a loop to put a padlock on it (yes, people can still cut that, but it can be deterring). You could also invest $500 in a low-jack system after that to give you more piece of mind. What I'm getting at is like I said before: keep the Type-R. You'll get the itch unless you are talking about buying an NSX or an S2000. I still missed the R after having the S2000 if that puts things into perspective for you.
Old 03-12-2004 | 08:39 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

I agree with Kurt, although his suggestions can get expensive.

- Insurance on two cars.
- $200-$300 on a car cover
- $500 for lo-jack
- Cost of maintaining 2 cars.
- Plus the added payments of the TSX

If $$$ is the issue, I'd say get the TSX and save for mods, lots of em. If you can afford the TL, go for it.
Old 03-12-2004 | 11:14 AM
Suzuka Master

I also agree on going with the TSX, but it's all in what you want from a car. I love the TSX, though the TL is great too. Cost of maintainance is not that big of an issue on an Acura at all. I don't sweat that.
Old 03-12-2004 | 09:37 PM
STC
Burning Brakes

I loved my ITR but was sick and tired of having to constantly worry about everytime I drove (which wasnt a lot).

00 ITR #1500
Old 03-12-2004 | 09:46 PM
Photography Nerd

Why were you so worried about driving it STC? I would be more worried about having it stolen from my driveway....
Old 03-13-2004 | 03:38 PM
STC
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Dan Martin
Why were you so worried about driving it STC? I would be more worried about having it stolen from my driveway....
I didnt like parking it at some places like movies, mall, some stores, etc. I was afraid of people steeling it and vandalizing it.

I parked at at the theatre one time and when I came out someone poured motor oil on the rear window and poured orange soda on my hood.

Not to mention a few of my friends Type R's getting stolen.
Old 03-14-2004 | 10:01 AM
Stokeless

jealous people that hate on others cars just because they are nice deserve to die......*cocks glock .40*
Old 03-14-2004 | 09:20 PM
Advanced

I don't think I would be able to keep the R even though I'm not making payments on it anymore. Having a two car discount on insurance would still be more than the cost of having just one car. I would be nice to keep, just that it's an awfully expensive toy......

Originally posted by STC
I didnt like parking it at some places like movies, mall, some stores, etc. I was afraid of people steeling it and vandalizing it.
Yeah, the type R is a lot to worry about. It may even be a collectable in the future because so many of them are being stolen!!!