View Poll Results: How many times do you glance back after parking your TSX?
I don't glance back.
2.78%
1-2 times
64.81%
I've got issues. Over 3 times.
32.41%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

How many times do you glance back after getting out of your TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 10:46 AM
VSA Rocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kris05TSX
And just for the record, I seriously doubt that I would do such a thing now, unless maybe I did find some damage.
Although I never resorted to actually kicking in another car, I've got to admit that I've done some immature things when seeing another car parked 3 inches away from my precious ride.

I know there's no excuse for this, so flame / lecture on...

This goes back a few years when I had my modded Integra. While looking for a 'safe' parking spot at a wedding reception, the circled the parking garage several times. I finally found a small "compact only" spot in the corner where I was able to angle my car in a manner where I would be a few feet from harms way. There weren't any cars parked in the area and the entire row was for compact-only cars.

When I got back, it wasn't surprising that the parking garage filled up. When I walked to my car, I found this big-ass SUV parked backwards about a few INCHES from my fragile integra. Two things got me pissed off: (1) He/She parked a Suburban in a compacts spot and (2) I happend to find a new crease in my door with the same exact contour as the Suburban door.

After discovering the damage to my car, I gave the big-ass SUV its own door ding. Although it wasn't the "mature" thing to do, I'm sure it didn't matter to the owner since he/she had a collection of dents and dings.

In a more recent incident, a received a huge door ding a few days after paying to have all of them removed (I can't win. ) while parked at my work. Seeing that it obviously matched the car with big-ass doors next to me, I placed my business card on their windshield with a non-accusing note written on the back asking for them to call me.

To my surprise, I found myself approached the next day by one of our IT help desk guys with an apology. He admitted fault and offered to pay for it. What a guy.

Two VERY different ways of handling abuse to our beloved rides.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:40 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'll look back once or twice to make sure the doors are locked and windows are up.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:49 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by Black_6spd
Two VERY different ways of handling abuse to our beloved rides.
and the second one worked out well... although that would not normally happen that's good for you man.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Delta Sigma Pi

3+ times... The Honda emblem on the front grill is a death trap it sucks your eyes in and doesnt let go!

Old 08-18-2005, 06:10 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by theElio
I was IN my car reading this weekend when some dumb 16 yr old girl just slammed her door open into my car. Their family looked at me horrified while I got out, did an inspection, and lectured her. No dent or scratch luckily. But I was astonished that people are so careless. I was in the car for christ's sake!
Same thing happened to me while I was waiting for my g/f in a parking lot! Two fat chicks in an accord pull up on my left, so im already watching through my sideview. As luck would have it, the driver walks around to get something out of the right rear passenger side and hits my left rear door. The funny part was that we made eye contact through my sideview and it went silent for a few seconds. She apologized and there was no ding so I was cool about it.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
everytime i get out of the TSX, i walk around the car twice inspecting every inch of it
i would also park near a window so i can keep an eye on it, i find myself lookin at it close to 5-6 times even if im gettin coffee or something

this is normal, right? or do i need help
Old 08-18-2005, 08:31 PM
cmf
ATCer

Originally Posted by mg7726
i glance back to make sure the windows are up.

once a while i look back to admire the 3/4 views. there's something about a nicely modded car, any car.

Damn, didn't notice so many people actually rolled their windows down. That makes for a dirty interior and more work when needed to be cleaned.

Too much dust in my area to have windows down, therefore, they're always in the upright position.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 747 Likes on 449 Posts
Originally Posted by sauceman
I usually try and not park beside any GM, Ford or Chrysler, especially if they're aged. But all the door dings on my car show that I can't always do that.

BTW, the vast majority of them were collected at Wal Mart (they're my customers).

Demographics?
Damn, I'll be careful next time I park at WalMart...
Old 08-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by theElio
I was IN my car reading this weekend when some dumb 16 yr old girl just slammed her door open into my car. Their family looked at me horrified while I got out, did an inspection, and lectured her. No dent or scratch luckily. But I was astonished that people are so careless. I was in the car for christ's sake!
You think that's bad? I was sitting inside the driver's seat at a cfast food place talking on the phone. Al of the sudden, i see the rear end of my car sort of jerk to one side. It was this teenage girl with a huge ass just leaning against the rear of my car talking to a friend. I had the engine running too. I can't believe she didn't notice i was still in the car. Then to freak her out a bit i shifted the car into reverse and just barely let off the gas so my car moved about an inch. I heard her go "oh shit! someone is in this car?"

haha

but yea... luckily her fat ass didn't leave any marks or i would have been pissed.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm a llama :(

How about somebody leaning up against your car AND putting their FOOT on it!
Old 08-19-2005, 01:29 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

I usually looked back at least once. This is my first Acura and I still need to get used to the "A" logo on my keyfob

At the begining I have a reservation on the color (PWP). However, the more I look at it, the better the color is. At least it is not "just a white car"
Old 08-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Banned

anyone walks backwards until TSX outta sight ?
Old 08-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jeffreytchui
3+ times... The Honda emblem on the front grill is a death trap it sucks your eyes in and doesnt let go!
I happen to think Honda emblem is fugly
Old 08-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
I do it every time, she's just beautiful
Old 08-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by matelot
anyone walks backwards until TSX outta sight ?
damn...i do that sometimes...i at least look back 2-3 times whenever i leave her...sometimes more....the worse is after i wash her...damn....
Old 08-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Racer

after having a nice car like this I get to park at the farthest spots possible with all the other g35, audi, bmw. its pretty funny when all the piece of crap cars are all parked up close while every single nice car is at the very end. also never park next to a handicap spot because they will also not pay attention to their suroudings. I always see people just swing their door open not caring about anything but their crumpled legs.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I would have to say 2 or maybe 3 times if I wash it. It's just one of those things that you really have no explanations for it....I can't help looking at it after I get out!! =)