hondaautomotiveparts.com?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondaautomotiveparts.com?

Have any of you bought parts from hondaautomotiveparts.com, aka Majestic Honda?

If so, how was their service and delivery?

This weekend, many of their links from their home page are off-line or down (Internal Server Error). (I'm wondering if these are "Eternal Server Errors"?)

Any other recommendations for online dealers who sell Honda parts? I'm selling my faithful 'ol Honda Accord, and she needs a replacement front right light assembly (the thing that's below the headlights). Hondaautomotiveparts.com has it for $31 or so, but they are down.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:37 PM
TSX, baby!

www.hondacuraworld.com is by far the cheapest and most knowledgable. Tim, their main guy, is part of this forum and chimes in pretty often.

They are also nice enough to host all of the instructions for the accessories, so they should be supported.

I had a problem with them, but they ended up "making things right", so I can definitely recommend them.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:49 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Y2K4 TSX
www.hondacuraworld.com is by far the cheapest and most knowledgable. Tim, their main guy, is part of this forum and chimes in pretty often.

They are also nice enough to host all of the instructions for the accessories, so they should be supported.

I had a problem with them, but they ended up "making things right", so I can definitely recommend them.
Yeah, but the other site has a wider selection of parts. hondaacuraworld.com (where I bough most of my accessories) has stuff like mudflaps, etc, but not filters and other parts.
Old 09-21-2003, 11:06 PM
Burning Brakes

I visited hondaacurawrold but they carry mostly accessories--no real replacement car parts.

Any other vendors? I visited one a few months ago, but I'll be damned if I can find it.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:34 AM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You have the same complaint I do about that site. Good for car mats and such, but not for actual parts.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Still here

I bought some trunk liners for my Accord from Majestic... and to say the least, it was interesing.

I ordered online, and never heard anything back 3 days later. I called them and they told me they were having problems with their site, but they could go pull the order off manually. The did, and I got 2 sets of trunk linings instead of one, but they only charged me for one. Minor mistake.

About a month later, I see a second charge for the trunk linings on my credit card, and figure they billed me for the extra set them sent me. But no, they had send me a THIRD set. Apparently they had the web site 'fixed' and they processed the order again.

Anyway, they screwed the order, but they were easy to work with on getting my money back to me and their parts back to them.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by e_lectro
I bought some trunk liners for my Accord from Majestic... and to say the least, it was interesing.
<snip>
Anyway, they screwed the order, but they were easy to work with on getting my money back to me and their parts back to them.
I got an email from them that they were doing updates to their Web site. I was able to place my order, and shortly thereafter I received a confirmation email.

Suggestion: When a Web page is down for maintenance, they should simply put a message up, like "Online Catalog is undergoing maintenance and is temporarily not available. Please check back later or call on Monday at 1-800-xxx-xxxx (whatever). Thank you."
Old 09-28-2003, 11:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Just a follow up...

Last Sunday I placed an order with Majestic Honda ( http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/ ) for a turn signal assembly for my 1990 Accord. It arrived this past Thursday. The part is an original Honda part. Packing and everything was good. I am very pleased.