HFL volume question

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HFL volume question

ok, this is one of the most annoying things to me. I'll be cruising along with the sound turned up. then I get a phone call. with no time to adjust the volume the HFL breaks in and plays this skull splitting sound.

is there a way to set the HFL to come in a certain volume? that way I won't go deaf from recieving a phone call.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Drifting

it remembers the volume from the last time you used it... so when it comes in really loud it's because the last time you were using it you had it up really loud...
Old 11-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Racer

Thanks a lot!!!

Now if we can only get speed sensitive volume, like in the Honda Fit...Oh well, start saving for the next gen TSX.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Out n about

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've noticed that I have to crank up the HFL volume to hear the person on the line. Obviously by doing this, that "bee-boop" sound is super loud too (when the phone call ends, or when I'm initiating a new call). I know HFL remembers the volume that was last used. I just am beginning to notice that the conversation volume is not that great. Anybody have this problem too?

It doesn't make a difference whether I'm initiating the call or someone's calling me. This also happens in different areas (not just one part of town where the signal may be weak).

I'm using an iPhone.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:00 PM
TSX MFG Date Sep 2006

Originally Posted by Sojournin
I've noticed that I have to crank up the HFL volume to hear the person on the line. Obviously by doing this, that "bee-boop" sound is super loud too (when the phone call ends, or when I'm initiating a new call). I know HFL remembers the volume that was last used. I just am beginning to notice that the conversation volume is not that great. Anybody have this problem too?

It doesn't make a difference whether I'm initiating the call or someone's calling me. This also happens in different areas (not just one part of town where the signal may be weak).

I'm using an iPhone.
I am seeing the same 'problem.' I rarely use my HFL anymore due to this. I use HFL only when I know I will be on a long phone call.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Instructor

Yea mine does the same thing, During a call i have to turn the hfl volume up really loud, so i can hear the person. Which is understandable when there is a lot of noise around. But then i forget to turn the volume down and next time i make a phone call I get startled by the noise of the beep.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Out n about

I don't know why I didn't notice this before - Maybe the volume was getting smaller and smaller on its own over time (months)? I wish there was some way to adjust the conversation volume (and not affect the "bee-bop" sound.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure if this will help with the factory HFL but with my Motorola bluetooth add-on (IHF-1000) which is hardwired to behave as a factory install... I needed to adjust the volume of my phone while it was in link. Once the phone volume was set while connected in the HFL mode, it now connects at a reasonable volume every time without deafening prompts from the HFL system.

FWIW, the Motorola IHF-1000 rocks for those that don't have the HFL built in! I'm still working on where to install the controller but functionality is great(I want to be sure I like the location I put it as I will probably be drilling a hole somewhere visible and be committed to that location or buying replacement parts from Acura to change it). The voice recognition is better than the factory nav system and with the right cable harnesses, it integrates seemlessly (no wire splicing required!). Only caveat is that the install is not for the feint of heart as you do rip apart a lot to put it in. If you're comfortable with taking panels apart, the quick connect harnesses make things a breeze.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I hate my HFL.
The beeps are 10x louder than the calls themselves, and my callers complain that they can barely hear me.