Help on Angel Eyes Kit for TSX

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Help on Angel Eyes Kit for TSX

hey everyone. So i finally decided to buy the angel eyes kit for my 2004 TSX. I was looking through brands such as Umnitza and Oracle and really cant decide. I also looked on eBay and saw another kit, much cheaper also. The links are below. Please help me out on deciding which kit to buy because i want to order them tomorrow or so and have them installed next week some time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...VW#ht_5347wt_0

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura...V#ht_13638wt_0

also i dont care for the 3 rings, i think the 2 rings looks better anyways. Thanks everyone, appreciate it.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:55 PM
JDM Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well oracle is the best quality hands down.
but they make a 3 ring kit.

I'd suggest buying the Oracle kit from AAC and just getting the two rings.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:55 PM
ASM 3G TL Type-S

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
search, search, SEARCH!
Old 06-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what are angel eyes? is it that circular ring of light like on bmws
Old 06-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Instructor

^ That would be correct, I wonder why they are called angel eyes...not like rings of light, or halo's or something.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Racer

Is it easy to install these Oracle eyes? Can I go to a local auto shop and have them do it?
Old 06-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the first link you have looks pretty cool and their cheap. Are they good and does anyone have picks of them on their tsx? i might buy them.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:41 AM
M3 Track Record

Originally Posted by djmanu
hey everyone. So i finally decided to buy the angel eyes kit for my 2004 TSX. I was looking through brands such as Umnitza and Oracle and really cant decide. I also looked on eBay and saw another kit, much cheaper also. The links are below. Please help me out on deciding which kit to buy because i want to order them tomorrow or so and have them installed next week some time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...VW#ht_5347wt_0

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura...V#ht_13638wt_0

also i dont care for the 3 rings, i think the 2 rings looks better anyways. Thanks everyone, appreciate it.
I tried to put angel eyes on my car i got the EXACT same ones in the first link you posted .... they are crappy they dont fit and break the second you touch them. Then i got new ones thicker that fit a lot better .... i got them installed by a professional installer in my area with a good rep. 2 weeks later condensation .... got it fixed .... condensation .. i tried to bring it to the dealer cause its still under waranty they couldn't help me cause i put angel eyes on it. Then the transformer blew [the module that lights the HID bulb] theres $1000 on its own. I got lucky and the guy at the Acura dealership cut me a break. I got after market light casings so it looked totally stock [which ran $600 for both] and he put everything under waranty. At this point I have spent a totally of:
$50 - original angel eyes i got that broke
$150 - for new angel eyes that where 100% better life 500% longer and where a nice blue color.
$500 - for labour to install everything [old eyes and new eyes] --3 days of work
$500 - to try to get the condensation fixed -- 2 days of work
$600 - for new casings [no labour cause me and my friend installed them]

That my friends is a grand total of $1,800 FOR WHAT???? so I could have a TSX with angel eyes that now dont even have angel eyes cause the condensation. It will never be resealed properly!! My advice is do something that will benefit your car like a cold air intake, exhaust manifold, rims, cat-back exhaust etc.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:51 AM
M3 Track Record

Originally Posted by Impulse05
I tried to put angel eyes on my car i got the EXACT same ones in the first link you posted .... they are crappy they dont fit and break the second you touch them. Then i got new ones thicker that fit a lot better .... i got them installed by a professional installer in my area with a good rep. 2 weeks later condensation .... got it fixed .... condensation .. i tried to bring it to the dealer cause its still under waranty they couldn't help me cause i put angel eyes on it. Then the transformer blew [the module that lights the HID bulb] theres $1000 on its own. I got lucky and the guy at the Acura dealership cut me a break. I got after market light casings so it looked totally stock [which ran $600 for both] and he put everything under waranty. At this point I have spent a totally of:
$150 - for new angel eyes that where 100% better life 500% longer and where a nice blue color.
$500 - for labour to install everything [old eyes and new eyes] --3 days of work

That my friends is a grand total of $1,800 FOR WHAT???? so I could have a TSX with angel eyes that now dont even have angel eyes cause the condensation. It will never be resealed properly!! My advice is do something that will benefit your car like a cold air intake, exhaust manifold, rims, cat-back exhaust etc.
If I may add that for the breif period of time that I had no condinsation you couldn't even see the angel eyes over the HID lights. The HIDs totally drowned out the angel eyes .... humm I wish I would have noticed that before I got mine. look at the picture in your link sure those angel eyes look beautiful, want to know why? THE LIGHTS ARN'T ON!! I'm just saying learn from my big mistake! angel eyes in my opinion are not worth the risk, the money and the headaches!!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Impulse05

Sounds like the professional you used did not reseal your headlights properly and really ripped you off. I would never pay $500 bucks to get angel eyes installed in my headlights. I think AAC charges somewhere between $150-$200 for an install. I also can't believe that they charged you $500 to "fix" the condensation problem. They should've done that for free since it was their mess up to begin with.

Also, when you say the transformer blew, I am guessing you are talking about the ignitor/ballast. You can get them for about $100-$150 on ebay. you also overpaid for the headlight housings -- I grabbed a spare pair for $35 bucks on ebay. sorry to hear about your bad experience though.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Instructor

I've got the Oracle Halos from AAC. I recommened their products (but I suggest you stay away from their sloppy installation service). As MMsTSX mentioned, just get the two rings if that's all you want.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
yeah i think i am going to order 2 rings from AAC and attempt to install them myself. me and my father were looking at my car and its not that hard to take the bumper off and take out the lights. The only part that is tricky is opening and closing the light housing. but hey, cant say anything until i try it myself. I'll let u guys know how the install goes.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by djmanu
yeah i think i am going to order 2 rings from AAC and attempt to install them myself. me and my father were looking at my car and its not that hard to take the bumper off and take out the lights. The only part that is tricky is opening and closing the light housing. but hey, cant say anything until i try it myself. I'll let u guys know how the install goes.
I had my father give me a hand too. You definitely need at least two people to help with removing and reattaching the bumper. I just finished wiring mine in and putting the front end back together about a week ago so let me know if you need any advice.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Cruisin'

I just ordered this angel eyes from AAC.

How do we prevent the Condensation from forming?

Is there a thread here on how to install the AAC angel eyes step by step?

the instalation video on youtube is not really helpful...

All I see here is that we need to take the front bumper out and what is next?

If I will end up messing up my headlight bcoz of condensation then I think its not worth it....

Will Acura Dealer install the lights for me?