Got the $, looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the $, looking for advice

Well guys I've got a little over a month left here in Kuwait and can't wait to get back to my car. I've saved up some cash for the car and have an idea of what I am looking to do but want some input and advice from you guys. First here is the short list of what is already done to the car:
Injen CAI, Pro Kit, 18" wheels, Tint, and a 12" JL with Alpine amp.
I've got warped rotars or at least I'm pretty sure that is what's causing my steering wheel shimmy, so I want to do a whole brake upgrade with rotars, pads and new lines. The CT rear sway bar is at the top of my list. I have stock shocks so I'm thinking about replacing them and also getting a rear camber kit since I didn't do this when I origanally dropped the car . The Hondata voice has been getting louder and louder recently too... There just aren't any dealers near SC and I'd really rather not ship it off. If I get the brakes and rear sway how much do you guys estimate it will be if I install myself? I've been doing a lot of online searching for the best prices but if you guys know any good sites PM me please. I'm trying to stay in the $1500 range if I don't go the Hondata route but that is flexable
Old 08-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by 803Twon302
Well guys I've got a little over a month left here in Kuwait and can't wait to get back to my car. I've saved up some cash for the car and have an idea of what I am looking to do but want some input and advice from you guys. First here is the short list of what is already done to the car:
Injen CAI, Pro Kit, 18" wheels, Tint, and a 12" JL with Alpine amp.
I've got warped rotars or at least I'm pretty sure that is what's causing my steering wheel shimmy, so I want to do a whole brake upgrade with rotars, pads and new lines. The CT rear sway bar is at the top of my list. I have stock shocks so I'm thinking about replacing them and also getting a rear camber kit since I didn't do this when I origanally dropped the car . The Hondata voice has been getting louder and louder recently too... There just aren't any dealers near SC and I'd really rather not ship it off. If I get the brakes and rear sway how much do you guys estimate it will be if I install myself? I've been doing a lot of online searching for the best prices but if you guys know any good sites PM me please. I'm trying to stay in the $1500 range if I don't go the Hondata route but that is flexable
You'll have to ship the ECU off for Hondata no matter what. The reflash can only be performed at the Hondata facility in CA.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Burning Brakes

louder and louder recently too... There just aren't any dealers near SC and I'd really rather not ship it off. If I get the brakes and rear sway how much do you guys estimate it will be if I install myself? I've been doing a lot of online searching for the best prices but if you guys know any good sites PM me please. I'm trying to stay in the $1500 range if I don't go the Hondata route but that is flexable
racing brake sale still going on at official vendor section
brake + pad (f/r) for $500 shipped
rsb 120shipped
hondata 600
still got money for shock.....
Old 08-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Instructor

Definitely going to hit up the racing brake sale.

CGTSX- Thanks, didn't realize that. So do I ship it to hondata directly or to one of their dealers who then ships it to hodata?
Old 08-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Definitely going to hit up the racing brake sale.

CGTSX- Thanks, didn't realize that. So do I ship it to hondata directly or to one of their dealers who then ships it to hodata?
Whatever retailer you go through will send you shipping labels that will go to Hondata directly. Down time is usually 3 days: 1 day to ship there, 1 day to do the reflash, and 1 day for it to get back to you.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:37 AM
Instructor

Well I think my shopping list is complete and Hondata will be on it.
So far it will be CT rear sway, Ingalls camber kit, Racing brake rotors and Hawk pads for both the front and rear, Hondata and shocks. Anyone out there know of good shocks to compliment the Pro Kit?
Old 08-09-2006, 06:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I think my shopping list is complete and Hondata will be on it.
So far it will be CT rear sway, Ingalls camber kit, Racing brake rotors and Hawk pads for both the front and rear, Hondata and shocks. Anyone out there know of good shocks to compliment the Pro Kit?
Great list!!!

I'm sending my ECU off tomorrow to be reflashed. I went through a site that starts with the word club and ends with the only 2 door model Acura makes at the moment. Used the "ship it yourself" method and after shipping it, my total outlay is probably going to be $585.

As for shocks... 3 words. Koni, Koni, and Koni.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:08 AM
Instructor

Koni, got it! Yeah, knowing that it has to go to CA reguardless I'll probably ship it myself also. Now I just can't wait to get back to my car and start.