Future TSX Buyers : Possible Group Buy in North California?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 03:28 PM
G36
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fatty Tuna
So I just talked with the salesguy (he seems like a good guy). He says I'm going to be #6 so that'll put us over the top on the deal!

He wasn't in the office so he has to get into the office and look at incoming cars or other dealers to see if he can get me what I want. He said 6MT with Navi is the rarer combination so would take a while to get the color combo I'm looking for.

On the accessories I asked for wheel locks, trunk tray and cargo net. Told him that I definitely didn't want the mud guards because of all the paint scratching problems people have had with them. He said the front ones might be standard? I thought that was weird (either all four come or not in the pkg, right?).

I also asked him about pricing on a stoneguard or xpel clear bra type package and he said he'd get that price for me as well.

I'll let ya'll know what he quotes me on accessories when he calls back.

What paint scratching issues R U speaking of. Any info U have on this would be nice!

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:30 PM
G36
Instructor

G36, sent you an email. Waiting on a callback from the salesperson today!

I didn't get any mail from you!
Old 12-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Instructor

How much are u guys paying for Insurance for the new cars? I am getting quotes in the region of $1300 and above for a 26yr old. Is this normal??
What is a good insurance company to buy it from? Also are any of u guys installing Lojack (or anything else like it)? Do u think its worth it??
Old 12-07-2004, 04:13 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by emperuman
How much are u guys paying for Insurance for the new cars? I am getting quotes in the region of $1300 and above for a 26yr old. Is this normal??
What is a good insurance company to buy it from? Also are any of u guys installing Lojack (or anything else like it)? Do u think its worth it??
For a 24 year old, Geico gave me $1000/(6 months).
Old 12-07-2004, 04:38 PM
G36
Instructor

First off, how's your driving record?

For 30 years, no one could touch AAA that I HAD! Then Costco came and took me away from AAA

If you have more than one car U will get a multi car discount. Put the TSX as a the one that doesn't get driven much. The premium will be less on that car.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:25 PM
4th Gear

G36- Thanks for getting me in!

Thank you for including me to be part of the group buy.

I will call the salesman when I get off work tonite. Sorry, for asking again, I am so new with this forum..are we all getting the car for a specific starting price without other packages? Do we have anything in writing? or all of this is verbal?

Thanks again.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by G36
What paint scratching issues R U speaking of. Any info U have on this would be nice!

Thanks.
A couple of posts have touched on the mudguards catching rocks between them and the body causing paint damage. I think they also vibrate a little and etch into the paint down to the metal in some cases.

Check these posts (2nd one has a pic which convinced me to not get them):
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4356
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...d+guard+damage

I originally wanted to get them to prevent stones coming up from under the wheels and hiting the door panels.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Johnny76
What color combo are you looking at getting? I'm looking to get a MT/Navi as well.
My first pick is CGP/Ebony. Second choice is SSM/Ebony. After that it's a tossup between MSM and ABP. I like MSM but prefer not to get the gray leather and carpeting since it'll be tougher to keep clean in the long run. ABP is more attention getting from police.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:52 PM
Intermediate

$1300 for a year or six monts?

I have insurance with Mercury. They gave me a quote of $780 for 6 months. My record isn't perfect. I had one at fault accident in 2003.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SF_TSX
$1300 for a year or six monts?

I have insurance with Mercury. They gave me a quote of $780 for 6 months. My record isn't perfect. I had one at fault accident in 2003.
That was for six months. My record is perfect. No tickets no claims with insurance agents etc. I only have a motorcycle insurance rite now, and am added as a driver in my sister's insurance.

SF, can u pm me with your insurance agent's info along with a reference, if possible??
Old 12-08-2004, 12:56 AM
G36
Instructor

You guys need to do some serious shoping around! It will be cheaper all around if you go out and buy a clunker, park it in the back yard or even bury it! Pay liability on it and get a multi car discount. Claim the TSX as the pleasure ride and watch the premium drop on that car!!!, Sure, U will pay ins on two cars, but the total bill will be cheaper for two cars than the ins. on just the TSX.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:09 PM
G36
Instructor

OK folks, I can still squeez some people in on the group buy! If anyone is still interested in the $500.00 over invoice Please let me know ASAP. Now that we have met the required number, the rebate now kicks in. This won't last to much longer, so U may want to take the advantage of this. We all know the stealers don't deal much with this model and this is a great price. So, let me know if U wish to take part in this buy. Only the serious please, then I will get the names on the two lists nessary to go foward.

Thanks.

You can contact me by E-Mail, prefered!

LDRedding@charter.net
Old 12-08-2004, 04:00 PM
4th Gear

Any of u TSX group buy Got ur cars yet?

To all the peeps that's part of the GROUP BUY wit G36!
Did any of y'all got ur cars in the SAC dealership yet? I want to know how many really called and arranged to get the cars there!

M suppose to go check out my chosen TSX this coming Sat.
The Salesman said.... there's going to be a Trunk Tray, Mud Guards & Wheel Locks that comes in as an optional package that is now included in the car that will cost me almost the same amount of money just to take it down? I need advise regarding this issue! Do I really need it? if not, what should say to the salesman in order for him to take it off, so I won't get charge for it & get stuck with unnecessary cost?

Thanks!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Cruisin'

We deposited 1K for the car and should get it between 1.5 - 2 weeks. I don't think you need the protection package. Just tells the saleman you're not interested. You can buy the trunk tray, wheel locks & mud guards elsewhere like ebay. It's much cheaper there.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Cruisin'

G36,

Did you received confirmation from the dealer that we have at least 6 in with the deposit?
Old 12-08-2004, 05:43 PM
G36
Instructor

Originally Posted by tsxforme2005
G36,

Did you received confirmation from the dealer that we have at least 6 in with the deposit?

YES!

And I sent U E-Mail
Old 12-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by G36
YES!

And I sent U E-Mail
Great!! This means we should be getting the rebate money on the day we pick up the car?? Thats great indeed
Old 12-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Instructor

I was just wondering if anyone who's ordered a MT w/ Navi got to see their paperwork yet. I was just looking to see how much the total purchase came out to be with tax and everything, if it's alright. TIA!!
Old 12-09-2004, 01:31 AM
G36
Instructor

Originally Posted by Johnny76
I was just wondering if anyone who's ordered a MT w/ Navi got to see their paperwork yet. I was just looking to see how much the total purchase came out to be with tax and everything, if it's alright. TIA!!

Have you bought or made a deposit yet?
Old 12-09-2004, 03:29 AM
Advanced

When are all your cars comin in?
Mine is Dec 15 - 25.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:36 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by keichan82
Mine is Dec 15 - 25.
They told me it is coming in between 12 - 15. And yesterday they say 15 - 20.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:50 AM
10th Gear

My PWP/Non-nav/AT arrives between the 15th and 25th-the waiting is tough!
Old 12-09-2004, 11:56 AM
G36
Instructor

Man, that's nothing. When I ordered my truck, I had to wait 2 1/2 months, and that was fast for a special order!
Old 12-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Intermediate

At least you guys have dates for your cars! They still haven't found what I'm looking for yet (CG/Ebony/MT/Navi) so I don't even have those papers yet either.

Hmmm..... I just read this thread (https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18392) that says some people might have to wait until March for some TSX combinations to be manufactured and shipped!!! Maybe I'll have to go for my 2nd or 3rd choice in color.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:42 PM
G36
Instructor

But all this WILL be worth the wait!
Old 12-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Intermediate

So anyone get the dealer to not put on the protection pack yet? Salesperson is still trying to get me to take it at $210 even though I don't want the mud guards and I could buy all the pieces online for less than $140. It's not like labor to install these items is huge either.

Anyways, they still haven't found what I'm looking for. Anyone else in the same situation?

Also for those peeps trying to get in surance I got some quotes today. So far Mercury is the best for me at $900/year!!! That's with $100k/300k/100k and 500 comprehensive and 1000 collision deductible. Though I am 31. But some crazy places are quoting me $2,000 - $2,400/year!!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 05:38 PM
G2 TSX

They are attempting to put together a dealer trade to get the car that I want. I told him I was concerned about how many miles would be on the car since he mentioned that they cannot disclose which dealership the car is coming from. He also confirmed that the car would be driven to the dealership by some old retired person who would drive the car "gently".

I just don't feel like paying 30k(27.5 in this case) for a car that already has 60 miles on the odometer. We'll see if they can get the car.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:45 PM
6 speed yo!

Originally Posted by Jack Slate
They are attempting to put together a dealer trade to get the car that I want. I told him I was concerned about how many miles would be on the car since he mentioned that they cannot disclose which dealership the car is coming from. He also confirmed that the car would be driven to the dealership by some old retired person who would drive the car "gently".

I just don't feel like paying 30k(27.5 in this case) for a car that already has 60 miles on the odometer. We'll see if they can get the car.
you can just look at the Window Sticker. it says what dealer it first goes to. so you can tell if its been on there lot since day 1 or from another dealer. its kinda interesting if they try to lie about it.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:44 PM
G36
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jack Slate

60 miles is NOTHING. I guess the alternative to is wait even longer. Have U put a deposit down yet?
Old 12-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by keichan82
Mine is Dec 15 - 25.
I am hoping to get it Sat/Sun. Even confirmed thats what the date is gonna be today with the Salesman.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Cruisin'

So anyone get the dealer to not put on the protection pack yet? Salesperson is still trying to get me to take it at $210 even though I don't want the mud guards and I could buy all the pieces online for less than $140. It's not like labor to install these items is huge either.

Anyways, they still haven't found what I'm looking for. Anyone else in the same situation?

Also for those peeps trying to get in surance I got some quotes today. So far Mercury is the best for me at $900/year!!! That's with $100k/300k/100k and 500 comprehensive and 1000 collision deductible. Though I am 31. But some crazy places are quoting me $2,000 - $2,400/year!!!!

I got mine as stock. No protection package. I reviewed the contract and there were no adds on. Was it added on on your contract?
Old 12-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tsxforme2005
I got mine as stock. No protection package. I reviewed the contract and there were no adds on. Was it added on on your contract?
Haven't even gotten my contract yet. Salesperson is trying to do a dealer trade and make sure that the other dealer does not put on the protection package. I'll check the contract when I get it, thx for the tip!

So the other thing is that he said they have to get someone to pickup the car and drive it to the dealer we are doing the group buy with. The funny thing is that the car they are lookin at is in the same area as me. They want to charge $100 for someone else to drive the car to and then have me drive up there too and drive it back to my place! So anyways I'm seeing if they can just deliver to my home for a minimal fee. (They do this so I don't cut a deal with the dealer with the car).

But I'm worried about accepting the car in case it has damage, or there's anything else wrong with the car when it arrives. Guess I'll ask the sales person about it.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:00 PM
G36
Instructor

Haven't even gotten my contract yet. Salesperson is trying to do a dealer trade and make sure that the other dealer does not put on the protection package. I'll check the contract when I get it, thx for the tip!

So the other thing is that he said they have to get someone to pickup the car and drive it to the dealer we are doing the group buy with. The funny thing is that the car they are lookin at is in the same area as me. They want to charge $100 for someone else to drive the car to and then have me drive up there too and drive it back to my place! So anyways I'm seeing if they can just deliver to my home for a minimal fee. (They do this so I don't cut a deal with the dealer with the car).

But I'm worried about accepting the car in case it has damage, or there's anything else wrong with the car when it arrives. Guess I'll ask the sales person about it.

I wouldn't worry about it! They don't want anything happening to it either!

Even if something did, they would have to address that. Don't worry!
Old 12-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Intermediate

Anyone expect their cars coming in via a dealer trade? If so, did they tell you? I receive my contract from the dealer last night. The odometer reading on the contract show 120 miles. I strongly belive mine is via a dealer trade. I kinda piss cuz they never mention anything about dealer trade. I personally don't mind but I am piss they didn't tell me ahead.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Intermediate

Hey SF_TSX, the salesperson did mention to me that they were trying to arrange a dealer trade with the car that I want. He should've mentioned it to you. Maybe you can use it to win a concession from him... like free accessories?

Yeah, with 120 miles on it I suspect they drove it in. It's totally stupid since you're going to drive it back anyways. The only reason they really give for doing this is so you don't visit the dealer with the car and then somehow the deal is stolen away from the first dealer.

They are now telling me that it'll cost me and extra $200 to do the dealer trade because of the costs involved with drivers going back and forth twice to do the car trade (once for the car I want and once for the trade car).

Anyone have any advice on how to avoid this needless driving around of cars for a dealer trade?
Old 12-10-2004, 12:58 PM
Intermediate

Hey SF_TSX, the salesperson did mention to me that they were trying to arrange a dealer trade with the car that I want. He should've mentioned it to you. Maybe you can use it to win a concession from him... like free accessories?

Yeah, with 120 miles on it I suspect they drove it in. It's totally stupid since you're going to drive it back anyways. The only reason they really give for doing this is so you don't visit the dealer with the car and then somehow the deal is stolen away from the first dealer.

They are now telling me that it'll cost me and extra $200 to do the dealer trade because of the costs involved with drivers going back and forth twice to do the car trade (once for the car I want and once for the trade car).

Anyone have any advice on how to avoid this needless driving around of cars for a dealer trade?
They usually pay the driver $15 an hour. (I'd been a dealer trade driver before.) Unless they trade the car with Southern Cal dealer, I don't know how they come up with $200.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SF_TSX
Anyone expect their cars coming in via a dealer trade? If so, did they tell you? I receive my contract from the dealer last night. The odometer reading on the contract show 120 miles. I strongly belive mine is via a dealer trade. I kinda piss cuz they never mention anything about dealer trade. I personally don't mind but I am piss they didn't tell me ahead.
Also, ask the salesperson to set the warranty start mileage higher, say 250 miles so you don't get cheated out of the extra miles.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Intermediate

Also, ask the salesperson to set the warranty start mileage higher, say 250 miles so you don't get cheated out of the extra miles.
Thanks for the advice. I never thought of that.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Intermediate

SF_TSX, can you confirm that it was a dealer trade? Because it sounds like they didn't tell you and they didn't charge you the extra money to pay the dealer trade driver.

If so I want to know because I certainly don't want to pay for my driver!!
Old 12-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Intermediate

SF_TSX, can you confirm that it was a dealer trade? Because it sounds like they didn't tell you and they didn't charge you the extra money to pay the dealer trade driver.

If so I want to know because I certainly don't want to pay for my driver!!
Did they charge you extra for that? They are not suppose to charge you extra for that.

I am trying to get hold of the salesman. I will keep you posted.

Quick Reply: Future TSX Buyers : Possible Group Buy in North California?