freezing windows

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
freezing windows

Has anyone else noticed that the windows freeze up really easily on the TSX? Ever since it started getting cold I'm never able to put the windows down. I also noticed that when I try to put them down it drags the entire chrome trim on the bottom edge of the window down with it. I usually resort to using the sunroof, which doesn't seem to have the same problem (probably since it sinks down and slides into the roof.)

I can run the heat and point the vents at th and they eventually thaw out (after about 20mins which is a P.I.T.A.) but I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to solve this problem. Like maybe something I could apply to the window edges to make them non-stick. I don't know, that might sound insane but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Come to think of it, that would be a really nice feature to have for us New Englanders: heated window trim; A thin wire placed in the rubber edge that the window slides into...or a thin wire around the edges of the window glass (it would work perfectly with the heated side mirrors...)
Old 12-16-2007, 01:52 PM
Poser / Fanboi

I've started to notice it... it didn't seem to be a problem last year but yes, this year I must clear the windows to almost zero ice or I'll have problems lowering them + they still don't like to retract.

This isn't just with the TSX though, my Jetta's windows like to come out of their tracks if they've seen ice in the wintertime no matter how good they are cleaned.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I've never had this problem.

Although, I don't usually have a reason to open my windows in winter time.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:43 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine always have. Just try to open and close it a few times as you drive and it'll open. It used to be a pain in the ass when I parked in a parking ramp at work and would forget to open it before getting there.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't noticed w/ my TSX yet (1st winter, and i've actually been using the sunroof by choice so far). My last car's doors and windows would freeze shut w/ certain winter weather and a guy at the place I was temping at once gave me a spray can of industrial silicone lubricant. I'd spray it on all the seams and stripping each fall and never had any other problems w/ the doors or windows. Of course, the sheets of ice would still need to be removed from the windows first...

**disclaimer: it didn't hurt my old 1990 Grand Am in any way, but don't know if silicone could damage something
Old 12-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Pro

i have my window freeze up too. That time i wasn't thinking about the ice and i just press the button to roll down my window........and that chrome piece almost rip! lol ever since then i clean my window real nice before going out.