Finally Did It

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 02:33 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Finally Did It

After much pondering and deciding about TSX or TL, I finally bought the TSX!! Thanks all, hopefully I've waited long enough for the bugs to be worked out so I can fully enjoy my experience.

Now I have to try hard to stay away from modding....................which is probably not going to succeed.

BTW: my VIN (Canada) is high 4000's, what are some other VINs Canadian owners have on here??
Old 05-04-2004, 08:19 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Congrats !! Another Canadian is always welcome here.

What color/tranny did you get? Lets hear some of the reason's why you went with the TSX over the TL?

4000's sounds very low. Acura's target was 4000 per year and considering its been over a year I'd expect VIN's in the 5000's or even 6000's by this point. Either TSX's are'nt selling well here in Canada or your car's been on the lot for a few months? I'm VIN #602, got the car April 23rd last year.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:52 AM
04 remembrance

Speedyturtle, many come to this site frequently to state their predicaments about either purchasing the TL or the TSX.

So please list the reasons to why you chose the TSX over the TL. It can be a helpful thread for those that are probably going to ask later tonight.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats and welcome! what color combo did u get?
Old 05-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by domn
Congrats !! Another Canadian is always welcome here.

What color/tranny did you get? Lets hear some of the reason's why you went with the TSX over the TL?

Either TSX's are'nt selling well here in Canada or your car's been on the lot for a few months? I'm VIN #602, got the car April 23rd last year.

I had to go with Premium White with Ebony and 6sp.

Apparently my car just arrived last week. There were some others on the lot with VIN in the 4200's
Old 05-04-2004, 11:11 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Great color choice, the best available IMO (Still trying to figure out why I did'nt get it)

So it looks like TSX's are'nt really flying off the lot here and Acura just "met" their expectations of 4000 sold in Canada, unlike the states where sales more than excedded expectations.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:14 AM
bleh...

congrats on your new TSX.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:34 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by iamhomin
Speedyturtle, many come to this site frequently to state their predicaments about either purchasing the TL or the TSX.

So please list the reasons to why you chose the TSX over the TL. It can be a helpful thread for those that are probably going to ask later tonight.

Everybody knows the obvious difference between the TL and TSX namely engine, size, trimmings and features.

Firstly, one should decide based upon size. Do you requre more interior space-TL? Back seat comfort-TL? Fold down backseats-TSX? Do

Then I listed the features that I would personally pay money for in the TSX, which is avaliable in the TL.
Brembos (6sp only)
One touch headliner mounted moon roof controls
Memory seats
DVD-A
LSD
270 horses???

The more I looked at it, the less I found that these features were cost effective on a daily basis. I would be paying more for lots of features I would rarely use to its full potential in a car that would be LESS fun to drive and to um....."modify" can't hold back...... :P

The power issue is one that always comes up with the TSX vs TL question. For me, 270 horses are not useful on a daily basis. Becuse I LIKE high reving, I would be having more fun driving the TSX. Although the difference between the fuel mileage on the TL and TSX may be similar on paper, "sprited" driving may lead to a signficant advantage towards the TSX.

Overall, I realized that I did not NEED the TL and choose the car more fitting towards my needs of having a good handling, fun to drive car with features that I actually utilize on a daily basis.

Whew, hope that wasn't too long to read!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 07:51 PM
I'm allergic to bull

May I exchange my CG/ebony for your PW/ebony?

I was so going to get a PW/ebony when I was in Vancouver. Now I moved to US cuz of work, and was very disappointed to realize that such comb isn't available in US. I really love that colour. Congrat!

Same reasons here for not getting TL. I still stubbornly believe that 220hp is the limit for FWD, no matter what kinda traction controls the car has.

Moreover, TL is really a "domestic" car for me. I'm in Ohio State.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Instructor

Re: Finally Did It

Originally posted by speedyturtle
After much pondering and deciding about TSX or TL, I finally bought the TSX!! Thanks all, hopefully I've waited long enough for the bugs to be worked out so I can fully enjoy my experience.

Now I have to try hard to stay away from modding....................which is probably not going to succeed.

BTW: my VIN (Canada) is high 4000's, what are some other VINs Canadian owners have on here??
I picked up my TSX in mid February, and it had just arrived at the dealership. The mfg date was Dec 03 and mine is build #4006.