Finally! Deposit placed...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004 | 08:10 PM
Racer

Finally! Deposit placed...

Tonight I finally put a deposit down on an '05 ABP 6MT/Navi with fog lights, all-season mats, trunk tray, wheel locks, and mud guards for $29,000+TTL. A deal I am comfortable with, and the buying experience was very pleasant. I have been admiring the TSX from afar for about 8 months now, so it is pretty exciting actually ordering it. I can't wait for the feeling when they call to tell me it has arrived.

They told me 6-8 weeks, does that sound reasonable to you guys that special ordered?
Old 12-27-2004 | 08:14 PM
Go Giants

As Tom Petty said, the wait is the hardest part...
Old 12-27-2004 | 08:31 PM
Not an Ashtray

Originally Posted by Master47
Tonight I finally put a deposit down on an '05 ABP 6MT/Navi with fog lights, all-season mats, trunk tray, wheel locks, and mud guards for $29,000+TTL. A deal I am comfortable with, and the buying experience was very pleasant. I have been admiring the TSX from afar for about 8 months now, so it is pretty exciting actually ordering it. I can't wait for the feeling when they call to tell me it has arrived.

They told me 6-8 weeks, does that sound reasonable to you guys that special ordered?
It all depends on the supply in your area of the country. I didn't have to wait nearly that long, but there is a much bigger supply on the coast.

Anyway, enjoy your new ride!
Old 12-27-2004 | 09:34 PM
Instructor

I ordered one 3 weeks ago. They told me it wouldn't be here until March, unless they can find one like it at another dealer before. I am having a very hard time waiting myself.
Old 12-27-2004 | 10:34 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jwb998
I ordered one 3 weeks ago. They told me it wouldn't be here until March, unless they can find one like it at another dealer before. I am having a very hard time waiting myself.

Where did you end up placing your deposit, Lakeland or Ferman? If you dont mind, what did you get quoted? Feel free to PM me.
Old 12-28-2004 | 08:48 AM
Intermediate

I want almost the same config as you, Master47, but with spoiler, and full body kit. I put some money down, and they were going to drive one down from another dealer over
Old 12-28-2004 | 08:53 AM
Intermediate

I want almost the same config as you, Master47, but with spoiler, and full body kit. I put some money down, and they were going to drive one down from another dealer over 100 miles away. I told them to order me a new one, and now they're saying the wait could be to April. The dealer told me I ordered an oddball. Hehehhe, at least one other person out there has taste enough for the ABP with navi and MT. The price with spoiler, bodykit, fogs, and trunk tray is $30,865.

Since I have to wait so long now, I'm considering tacking on the A-Spec kit too, depends on what the dealer will do for price with that. Does anyone know if the A-Spec Kit installed by the dealer or the factory?
Old 12-28-2004 | 10:02 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RadYOacTVe
Where did you end up placing your deposit, Lakeland or Ferman? If you dont mind, what did you get quoted? Feel free to PM me.
I ordered mine from the Lakeland Delear (Regal Acura). With very little haggeling I got the car for $27,650 (05 CG/Ebony MT with Navi). With fogs, trunk tray, and cargo net I got out the door for just under 31K I think. I don't have the paperwork infront of me. They told me that car should be in in March, but they are willing to dealer trade for one if we can find it first. I also told them that I would take SSM. They told me they would search the whole state and southern AL and GA. I am not sure they are searching, I do it myself and call them sometimes, but no luck yet. At the time I thought it was an excellent deal. I see people getting them for a little less now.
Old 12-28-2004 | 12:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by khaoohs
I want almost the same config as you, Master47, but with spoiler, and full body kit. I put some money down, and they were going to drive one down from another dealer over 100 miles away. I told them to order me a new one, and now they're saying the wait could be to April. The dealer told me I ordered an oddball. Hehehhe, at least one other person out there has taste enough for the ABP with navi and MT. The price with spoiler, bodykit, fogs, and trunk tray is $30,865.

Since I have to wait so long now, I'm considering tacking on the A-Spec kit too, depends on what the dealer will do for price with that. Does anyone know if the A-Spec Kit installed by the dealer or the factory?

They tried to locate one, but that didn't get very far. I went to 3 dealers including both in Cincinnati and I saw a total of two 2005's, one was sold, the other a floor model. (both SSM AT/non-navi)

I also had one dealer quote me April for an order. As with any stealership, they had alterior motives--they wanted to locate something and sell it to me before the end of the year to put on their books and keep me away from the idea of ordering. Oh well, it should be being ordered today....and I wait.
Old 01-11-2005 | 12:09 PM
Racer

Well, now the dealership called and gave me the same story khaoohs got, April before the ABP will arrive. They mentioned something about production on the ABP doesn't start until January 21st??? But I have seen pictures of '05 ABP's on here.
Old 01-11-2005 | 02:50 PM
CG is the place to be...

Dealer