Extra waiting time?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003 | 09:20 AM
Cruisin'

Unhappy Extra waiting time?

After waiting for 3 months, yesterday was the expected delivery day for my TSX. As I heard nothing from the dealer by this morning, I called them up. Although it has been a few weeks since they received a report stating my car was scheduled for Dec 18th delivery, they have heard nothing since then. Well, okay, let’s take an approach like I had when I waited for my first baby coming.. but even for babies, doctors wait for no longer than a week after the due day before they consider induction.. ..

Has any of you experienced “extra” waiting period like this? – if so, how long was it?
Old 12-19-2003 | 09:36 AM
Instructor

I waited about 3 months for my Euro Accord since the order date, that was preceeded by a couple of further weeks waiting for the pricing, loan paperwork, etc...

Ernie
www.eazi-k.com/car
Old 12-19-2003 | 06:10 PM
A-TSX Member

When I put down a deposit for my TSX, I was told my car would be arriving in 2 months (early december).

I got a phone call from my dealer few weeks later saying it will arrive first or second week of november! (I made sure it wasn't a dealer swap). Later, another phone call saying it will be second or third week of november.

The third week of november came and went without my car and my dealer said 6 more days as there was a slight delay during the transit. Then I got another phone call couple days later saying 2 additional days needed. When the 2 additional days came, just as my patient was running out, the dealer called and said it's here.

Although I had initial doubts about whether they were being completely honest about the delivery date, now I believe the dealership was sincere from the start. Sure they could improve the accuracy of the delivery date but they can't control delay occured during the transit. At least they kept me informed during the whole time.

Your situation maybe a bit different but be aware that there are many factors as to when the car will arrive. One sign of trouble is when the dealership cannot give you a VIN relatively close to the delivery date.
Old 12-20-2003 | 04:22 AM
10th Gear

here in canada the tsxes aren't selling as well as in the states - my dad drove off the lot with his the same day he bought it
Old 12-20-2003 | 04:06 PM
I am Ahab!

The day mine was supposed to show it didn't. Turns out they ran out or rail cars to shipt across to wisconsin. (or where ever they put them onto the trucks)

added about a week to the wait.
Old 12-20-2003 | 04:58 PM
Registered AssHat

I got mine two weeks before predicted. Of course I live just outside one of the major ports they bring them into.
Old 12-20-2003 | 05:40 PM
Advanced

Yeh I had to wait about 2.5 months for mine as needed to special order it, with navi to hawaii, But luckily Colin kept me informed every step of the way without me asking,
Old 12-21-2003 | 04:38 PM
Instructor

Ordered mine 10/17/03, build date 12/26/03, scheduled to arrive around the 3rd week of January.

I'm fine with the delay because a Regional (now Corporate) Manager is buying any extras I want with the car. Wheels, kit, fogs, you name it.
Old 12-22-2003 | 07:25 AM
Cruisin'

I'm fine with the delay because a Regional (now Corporate) Manager is buying any extras I want with the car. Wheels, kit, fogs, you name it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Can you really !? - has anybody else gotten a similar deal?
Old 12-23-2003 | 04:58 AM
Instructor

Pssst... I am friends with that person, LOL.

Originally he was upset because they couldn't find a Black/Black/6mt/navi ANYWHERE remotely close to So Cal. After a month of that game, I told him just to order one and we'll play the waiting game instead. He wanted to make amends, so he offered to buy my add-ons since the local dealer also has an Acura authorized speed shop.
Old 12-23-2003 | 04:30 PM
Cruisin'

No news about the delivery of my TSX so far automatically forces me to wait until the second week of January because I just found Acura (not dealers but as a maker) will stop functioning from tomorrow ‘till the new year…. The only mental approach to take this easier is think that I DO WANT TO DRIVE MY BRAND NEW CAR IN FxxKING SNOW STORMS AND CAR-RUSTING TONS OF SALT ON THE ROAD!!- this is the best I can say, but I know I still am going to see snow and salt after I pick up my TSX for the rest of this winter… ....dear friends, can any of you advise me how to mind-set for this extra-waiting period over the holiday week?
Old 12-23-2003 | 05:22 PM
I am Ahab!

sit and get annoyed at everyone post how they just got theres while you're still waiting.