Dry Wall + Bumper at 75mph = :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006 | 10:12 PM
Racer

Dry Wall + Bumper at 75mph = :(

Driving on the way to work today, I got nailed by a flying piece of dry wall on my left front bumper. There was a good deal of traffic and all of a sudden I see a few small white chunks and then brake lights on the cars ahead of me. A broken slab of dry wall went under the car in front of me and flew up afterwards. Fortunately it was perpendicular to my motion so I hit the broad side of it as opposed to edge-on. It shattered to pieces but didn't affect the driving of my car at the time, luckily.
So, when I got to work, I got to look at the remains and there was some tiny remains of sheetrock inside the bumper above the underbody kit. White dry wall all over the front bumper and the bumper seemed to be knocked down a bit from its regular spot. I pushed it up and it "clicked" as if back into place though it still looks like there's a bit more gap between the headlight and bumper than there's supposed to be Hopefully, the bumper connections are fine and I don't need to replace any bolts or anything.
Luckily, I have a clear bra and I'm hoping there won't be any scratches or leftover residue left after I wash it tomorrow, though I can't really tell at this point. It looks like I ran into a huge powdered donut.
Not terribly pleased. Who the fuck leaves dry wall not secured to their shitty truck or at the very least inside the goddamn thing?!
Old 02-11-2006 | 10:18 PM
Drifting

That sucks man. Atleast you've got a clear bra, so hopefully there isn't paint damage.
So who fails to secure their load? The same fools that don't secure mattresses, washing machines, or fridges.
Old 02-11-2006 | 10:20 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Damn that sucks man... sorry to hear about that
Old 02-11-2006 | 10:21 PM
G2 TSX

Things flying up and at you while you're traveling at high speeds is never good. I was in a loaner while having my front bumper replaced and a lawn chair...yes a LAWN CHAIR gets kicked up by an SUV and comes directly at the front bumper of the loaner. It left a leg of the lawn chair embedded in the front bumper. Some kind of luck I was having that week.
Old 02-12-2006 | 12:40 AM
Instructor

Same people that do not secure extension ladders and metal pipes! I always see people transporting lawn debris in 1/2 ton shortbed pickups that **should** have taken 4 trips to the dump. I also get extremely nervous watching retards try to transport mattresses on the rooftop of small cars like Neons thinking it will be secure and wont flop around with a tiny piece of rope traveling approx. 55 MPH. Also seen a few mishaps with Xmas trees. Please go pay a pro to move that crap ya cheapskate!!!
Old 02-12-2006 | 01:00 AM
Racer

Wow...... can't even imagine that =.= When a rock hits my windshield/hood i get pretty dang pissed, but dayum drywall and lawn chairs hah guess anything could happen on the road
Old 02-12-2006 | 08:05 PM
Cruisin'

I once had a chunk of asphalt fall out of a contruction truck in front of me and roll sidways under my car. It nearly knoked out my front right wheel and knocked out my muffler and messed up a catalitic converter plus a few other things. It hit the bottom of my car so bad that i almost went into on coming trafic at 55 MPH. If i hadn't had to pull over directly after that i would have gotten the name of the company and sued their sorry little asses for not securing the garbage. It was a very very scary event.
Old 02-12-2006 | 08:29 PM
Drifting

got any pics??
Old 02-12-2006 | 09:07 PM
Canuck

I had a piece of sheet metal come flying at me on the highway...the car in front of it kicked the piece of sheet metal which was about 12X12 and was flying at my windshield like a ninja star. I swerved out of the way and lucky for me there wa no car beside me.

One other time i was behind one of those lawn care guys..you know..the guys witht he open trailers for thier wowers and stuff. a chunk of metal fell out of the trailer and hit the side of my car and left a dent and scrapes.

Lucky all this was not on my TSX.
Old 02-12-2006 | 09:31 PM
Driver/Detailer

Once on normal suburb roads, this flatbed truck in front was transporting a BBQ grill. It was held down by rope! Well, I changed lanes because I didn't want to be behind it, and lo and behold, not 3 seconds later did the grill's flat plate fly off the truck. Yes, fly, not fall. *runs and hugs car*