drove a 2007 tsx

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006 | 08:19 PM
Cruisin'

drove a 2007 tsx

tsx steerting wheel is very rough and hard... It is definately not smooth.
what's up with this? I thought tsx was awesome car... and the engine felt
very weak too. I know I drove the auto but still.... I felt like I was driving 4cyl
accord.. I mean it really didn't feel like the tsx had 205 hp. (while driving I was like
what the...) Rather it felt like the card had aroung 160hp. But tsx indeed had
superb cornering precision which I expected out of tsx.

07 tsx / auto / navi
Old 11-25-2006 | 10:05 PM
CGP Ebony

I smell a Troll
Old 11-25-2006 | 10:20 PM
No-navi, yo

Have you ever driven the previous TSX, H-freak?
Old 11-25-2006 | 10:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by xenonhid
I smell a Troll
No troll. He's right, the autos are slugs.
Old 11-25-2006 | 10:28 PM
Burning Brakes

tsx is the best handling car i ever drove...i agree that it isnt fast. Its because the car weighs 3300-3400 pounds
Old 11-25-2006 | 11:40 PM
Let me help you!

Remember, the 205 HP rating is at 7k rpm's....that's why I like my 6MT...I can keep the car in the higher rev band...

My car isn't fast, but it is quick enough for me

By the way, did you happen to find out if the headlights are bi-xenon? lol
Old 11-25-2006 | 11:43 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by HONDAfreak
very weak too. I know I drove the auto but still.... I felt like I was driving 4cyl
accord.. I mean it really didn't feel like the tsx had 205 hp. (while driving I was like

07 tsx / auto / navi

Hadn't heard this one yet. Try some English lessons pal. You'll come off sounding like less of an idiot. And try the six speed then report back.
Old 11-25-2006 | 11:44 PM
Have camera, will travel

07 tsx / auto / navi

Hadn't heard this one yet. Try some English lessons pal. You'll come off sounding like less of an idiot. Then try the six speed and report back.
Old 11-25-2006 | 11:53 PM
Race Director

I dont even own a TSX and that seems really off to me. I would think that any acura would have really good handling. I would also guess to say that 205 HP on such a small light car would make it acclerate very fast. Like I said while I dont own a TSX I really do like them and would love to own one so im thinking maybe you just had a bad car?
Old 11-26-2006 | 01:11 AM
Pro

Fast is in the eye of the beholder. As has been said over and over again, the TSX is not designed to be a 0-60 speed king. But even with an AT and driven by someone who knows how to drive it, the TSX can more than handle its own when compared with other cars with two more pistons and 50+ more HP. Where it will be at a disadvantage is when there are 2+ people in it or some other extra weight. That's when only having 200 hp and lower torque, take-off speed will be most impacted.

I've got an AT and when I hit 2nd at 15-20 mph I have very little problem holding my own against other cars in my class and then some and I don't even have the reflash done yet. That said I don't go picking a fight (race) with a 350+ HP V8. Instead I just hang back and wait for him to do something stupid. BTW, that's a bet you can usually win. As for the AT vs MT difference, they both have their place and they both have their +'s & -'s. If I were younger and hadn't already done it before I'd have a MT. But then again I'd be wishing I had a AT when stuck in all the stop & go traffic I drive in. Go figure.

P.S. - I don't know if he is a troll or not... I do know that he is just plain ignorant of that which he speaks.
Old 11-26-2006 | 01:56 AM
Pro

auto(in man shifting) or manual, it's very obvious
that when u go over the high rpm, the car's character changes...

around 1500~3000rpm, it is a regular car feel

over 6100~ rpm, the car is a screamer.

u feel it so easily
Old 11-26-2006 | 03:16 AM
Racer

i have an auto and the power is plenty fine for me. the manual would've been nice too but I kinda got tired of driving a manual in traffic in my GSR.
Old 11-26-2006 | 03:42 AM
Instructor

Why people keep bashing 4cyl car all the time...??? if you can afford to spend more money on gasoline, then go get an american breed cars...there you can get lots of power and all those stupid features maybe....

It feels like 4cyl? hmmm let me think...is it because IT IS A 4CYL car???
Old 11-26-2006 | 10:44 AM
B A N N E D

you dont like the car because of the way the steering wheel feels?

lol
Old 11-26-2006 | 11:01 AM
無限 本田 CL9

Originally Posted by xanctus
Why people keep bashing 4cyl car all the time...??? if you can afford to spend more money on gasoline, then go get an american breed cars...there you can get lots of power and all those stupid features maybe....

It feels like 4cyl? hmmm let me think...is it because IT IS A 4CYL car???
I personally enjoy the high revving nature of the K24 under spirited driving, yet at the same time it is surprisingly smooth under normal driving conditions

However, just FYI, a lot of the newer 6 cylinder engines are just as fuel efficient, if not more, than our cars (the new BMW 335i pumps out 300hp/300lbs of torque, and it is fuel efficient at 20/29 mpg city/highway)
Old 11-26-2006 | 12:13 PM
Pro

My TSX seemed to gain some pep once a few thousand miles had gone by. It generally isn't good to judge a car when it is brand new--anticipate that certain characteristics will change a bit over the next several weeks/months (for better or worse).
Old 11-26-2006 | 12:36 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by waTSX

Hadn't heard this one yet. Try some English lessons pal. You'll come off sounding like less of an idiot. Then try the six speed and report back.
ok ^^ thanks people, but I am newbie to cars.... so.. I don't know much of a tsx..
I think tsx is great, it's just that I really didn't feel the engine until it revs into higher rpm..
just wanted to hear what other people think about a tsx.
Old 11-26-2006 | 01:01 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by evo_to_tsx
However, just FYI, a lot of the newer 6 cylinder engines are just as fuel efficient, if not more, than our cars (the new BMW 335i pumps out 300hp/300lbs of torque, and it is fuel efficient at 20/29 mpg city/highway)
Oh yes I agree, when I had my 2nd gen TL it was pretty good MPG, but overall I always find many 6cyl cars are more gas consumed than any other 4cyls.
but yeah, my TL was hitting 20s and between 25-27 on highways...not bad at all.
But again, I was not revving it that much...just occasionally.
Old 11-26-2006 | 08:58 PM
Instructor

My 06 AT feels plenty quick, even when it was bone stock.

Now with Injen and Comptech Catback it's a little quicker, but ALOT better sounding :-)

I'm VERY happy with the car, at WOT going from 3-4-5th on the highway it sounds Damn good. I love it.
Old 11-26-2006 | 09:05 PM
Advanced

ok ^^ thanks people, but I am newbie to cars.... so.. I don't know much of a tsx..
I think tsx is great, it's just that I really didn't feel the engine until it revs into higher rpm..
just wanted to hear what other people think about a tsx.
You aren't going to feel the engine until higher RPM's. While the engine has 205+ hp, the torque sits around 166+ ft/lbs.

I felt the same way when I drove the automatic. The 6-MT really opens the car up.

I came from a VW VR6. While the 12v VR6 had a better low end, this car is much stronger in the higher RPM's. You didn't feel the engine in low RPM's because there isn't much there. As mention before the power climb.

The car has a NA 4cyl engine. What are you expecting it to be?
Old 11-26-2006 | 09:31 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by junktionfet
My TSX seemed to gain some pep once a few thousand miles had gone by. It generally isn't good to judge a car when it is brand new--anticipate that certain characteristics will change a bit over the next several weeks/months (for better or worse).

I would add that mine felt much smoother and pulled better after it had 5k+ miles on it than when it was relatively new. At 27k miles it is running even better now. My next mod will be the reflash to give it even more response. I would also agree that the engine performs well in two distinct modes; 0-4K rpm and 4-7K rpm. It is like having two different engines.

I've also found that when in SS mode I can shift faster by only slightly moving the shifter (shortest possible throw) rather than a full throw. It engages the next gear really fast with very little DBW lag if at all. I now find myself climbing up the gears in a shorter rpm range while steadily picking up speed. It's so smooth that I have to watch the speedo to really realize how quickly I'm picking up speed. I learn something new all the time and am still impressed every day I drive it.
Old 11-26-2006 | 11:04 PM
Pro

Even though the TSX engine lacks the low end impact of a V6, the torque band is relatively flat. I find it quite easy to maintain speed up hills and such in town and at low speed on the freeway without needing to downshift very often.
Old 11-27-2006 | 12:04 AM
Cruisin'

I felt like I was driving 4cyl accord..
Uh. You are.
Old 11-27-2006 | 12:50 AM
5th Gear

Old 11-27-2006 | 08:53 AM
2010 TL SH-AWD

tsx steerting wheel is very rough and hard... It is definately not smooth.what's up with this? I thought tsx was awesome car... and the engine felt

07 tsx / auto / navi
I know exactly what he mean by this. Engine is not smooth so it vibrates the steering wheel, more worst when A/C is on , D and braking. Call me a troll for all i care but TSX is a sorry car. Could've spend a few more grand and get a TL.
Old 11-27-2006 | 09:48 AM
08 MDX with Sports

I don't know how long was your test drive was but pretty harsh for just one time go..
Old 11-27-2006 | 11:04 AM
Team Owner

It's not a car you can just get into and just start driving. You need some time to get accustomed to the car, as it took me 3 months to even get used to the seats and the pedals and even the steering in my car. I came from a old Volvo and everything was so different, I had a hard time transitioning from my old car to my new. That being said, the car's not slow, the car's just a tad bit on the heavy side. It has plenty of power for me, even though I crave for more power, It's just the right amount at the moment for me.

And yes, the steering is superb in the TSX =) Go drive it again, this time 6MT.
Old 11-27-2006 | 11:24 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
It's not a car you can just get into and just start driving. You need some time to get accustomed to the car, as it took me 3 months to even get used to the seats and the pedals and even the steering in my car. I came from a old Volvo and everything was so different, I had a hard time transitioning from my old car to my new. That being said, the car's not slow, the car's just a tad bit on the heavy side. It has plenty of power for me, even though I crave for more power, It's just the right amount at the moment for me.

And yes, the steering is superb in the TSX =) Go drive it again, this time 6MT.

I agree. In fact it'll take much more time to fully appreciate the finer points of the car and how best to bring them all together. As has been said before, it takes neither special talent nor engineering genius to drop a 300hp+ V8 into a knock-off chassis and go 0-60 in under 7 seconds. That's not what the TSX is about. It's more about balance and inviting the driver to be apart of the car rather than just hitting the gas and holding on.

I do have one simple question. If the TSX is as bad a car as some have said then why has it made so many Top Ten Lists and has such a high resale value?

To each his own.
Old 11-27-2006 | 11:37 AM
Racer

The AT and MT are both great, this is coming from a 21 year old that obviously doesnt know much about engines and cars. You cannot find a better handling, lux car for this price range...period. We are talking about Lux cars, cause at 21 if you want speed and torque, go buy yourself a used subaru or moded out SI. Make sure you put a huge spoiler on it and lots of neon.

Ohhh, and the BMW 335I doesnt get near that gas mileage, I averaged around 19 in the city and 24 on the highway. Car and Driver confirms this. I think the MPG estimate was on a flat road while doing 30mph. I still love that car though!
Old 11-27-2006 | 12:04 PM
TSX: Boeing Dreamliner!

Someone said it right....below 3000rpm it is as quick as an Accord L4 and potentially less potent in that rpm range than a Toyota L4 or Nissan L4....but rev it and she goes good enough. And yes, the BMW L6's are great engines for power and efficiency but the 335i is nowhere nearly as efficient as our cars....I can match the efficiency of my friends moderately revved auto Civic. I love my 5AT, smooth shifting and although it revs, it feels so effortless. I also love the 2.4L, just bought the CR-V and with a little more weight and 4WD, the 2.4L still does a pretty decent job.
Old 11-27-2006 | 12:46 PM

07 tsx / auto / navi
great write-up
Old 11-27-2006 | 02:04 PM
Racer

just another honda guy that hates the badging. I always say good luck finding an accord or any Honda with the standard features the Acura badge gets you. Boy racers need not apply.
Old 11-27-2006 | 02:17 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by S power
I know exactly what he mean by this. Engine is not smooth so it vibrates the steering wheel, more worst when A/C is on , D and braking. Call me a troll for all i care but TSX is a sorry car. Could've spend a few more grand and get a TL.
Meh... Mine doesn't vibrate at all. Could have been an unbalanced demo car? What are you comparing this car as far as a smooth engine. My TSX is one of the smoothest feeling cars that I have owned.

Many people here could have spent the extra money on the TL. Many of us prefer a smaller (less boat feeling) car.

Now that the TL-S is out, i suspect some will switch (possibly even myself. )

If you want a sporty car get the TSX. If you want the car my mom wants to drive, get the TL.
Old 11-27-2006 | 03:57 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by S power
Yeah, that K24 is one abrasive engine. Steering stinks too

Double for you.
Old 11-27-2006 | 05:14 PM
Racer

I love my TSX, but even after owning a month I have to say I regret a few things... power, vibration, pulling etc... Despite all the shortcommings it's still a great car and I enjoy driving it.
Old 11-27-2006 | 06:29 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by klas
I love my TSX, but even after owning a month I have to say I regret a few things... power, vibration, pulling etc... Despite all the shortcommings it's still a great car and I enjoy driving it.

How can a car that lacks power bother you by it's pulling?
Old 11-27-2006 | 06:33 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DuckyTSX
How can a car that lacks power bother you by it's pulling?
pulling=FWD, pushing=RWD ??

Maybe he secretly wants a RWD car?
Old 11-27-2006 | 07:23 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by jlukja
pulling=FWD, pushing=RWD ??

Maybe he secretly wants a RWD car?

You know what they say... "You're never alone with a schizophrenic." No you're not. Yes he is. I am not. She's my sister. She's my daughter. She's my sister!
Old 11-27-2006 | 09:16 PM
Pro

The RWD vs FWD thing reminds me of a semantics argument I got into with an MR2 owner (a friend of mine--thus it made the argument more interesting). I said his car was more rear-engine than mid-engine because a marginally greater percentage of the drivetrain's weight was centered behind the rear axle line. He wouldn't have any of that.
Old 11-27-2006 | 09:48 PM
Racer

lol, i didn't mean that... Basically, it appears that TSX's steering is very sensitive when it comes to road surface, I constantly get a pull either left or right... but I might get used to it.

Quick Reply: drove a 2007 tsx