Dealer Quote

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004 | 04:07 PM
5th Gear

Dealer Quote

Was quoted $28,000 for an Arctic Blue TSX auto w/ Navi.

Most of the quotes I've seen people paying about $25,XXX for an auto non-navi. Wondering what people are paying for TSX's with the navi?
Old 05-05-2004 | 08:01 PM
Ohhh yeah!

I just bought a Black/Parchment TSX auto w/ Navi for 26,500 in LA, including destination. Here's the breakdown though: They lowballed my trade $500 and made me take Honda financing, which added on another $800 higher than the ELoan financing I had secured (and which they wouldn't take). Assuming you're getting a fair shake on financing and trade that doesn't sound too bad, but I'd push harder. The dealer cost on the car is 26,512 including destination. Offer 5% more, which is a more than fair profit.
Old 05-05-2004 | 10:42 PM
ron
Intermediate

Go to www.kbb.com and with your zip code you can get what the TSX is selling for in your area and what invoice is. To get to the TSX, start at "sedan" and not luxury. You can also get a quote from dealers and a quote on your trade in that is real.
Old 05-05-2004 | 10:59 PM
Intermediate

I posted what I bought my TSX for on this thread:

Norcal buying + COSTCO!

Hope it helps!
Old 05-06-2004 | 07:56 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

27k + TTL, no trade in, cash in NY/NJ.

Found a total of 3 dealers that were willing to do this price. 28k seems a little high for my area, don't know about where you live.

I ended up paying 27,800 for ABP/E/Nav with fogs, protection package, and all season mats.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-27-2004 | 12:05 PM
Keeping emos out of

I just bought a Black/Parchment TSX auto w/ Navi for 26,500 in LA, including destination. Here's the breakdown though: They lowballed my trade $500 and made me take Honda financing, which added on another $800 higher than the ELoan financing I had secured (and which they wouldn't take). Assuming you're getting a fair shake on financing and trade that doesn't sound too bad, but I'd push harder. The dealer cost on the car is 26,512 including destination. Offer 5% more, which is a more than fair profit.I just bought a Black/Parchment TSX auto w/ Navi for 26,500 in LA, including destination. Here's the breakdown though: They lowballed my trade $500 and made me take Honda financing, which added on another $800 higher than the ELoan financing I had secured (and which they wouldn't take). Assuming you're getting a fair shake on financing and trade that doesn't sound too bad, but I'd push harder. The dealer cost on the car is 26,512 including destination. Offer 5% more, which is a more than fair profit.

NPENCE,

Why did the dealer refuse your E-Loan financing and make you go with Honda financing? Could you not have walked away and went to another dealer?
Old 05-27-2004 | 04:42 PM
Ohhh yeah!

What E-Loan does is they approve you for up to a certain amount for your loan, and they send you what is more or less a blank check that you're only allowed to write to a dealer. My dealer (Keyes in Van Nuys) wouldn't accept the check and said the E-Loan draft that they give you comes with too many strings attached for them to get paid, which is a bunch of hooey. All they have to do is fax over the contract to E-Loan, and the check will clear.

So I did walk away. That was at about 9:30 Monday evening. Promptly at 9 am the next morning, they called me at home with a new price. When I plugged that into my spreadsheet I saw the price more than made up for the increase in interest and the 500 lowball on the trade. I'm very confident I ended up with an amazing deal.

All in all, I didn't have time to go to another dealer before I got what I wanted from Keyes. I was focused on my total cost including vehicle price, financing interest, and what I should have gotten for my trade. And in the end it was better than what I was looking for.
Old 05-27-2004 | 04:51 PM
Keeping emos out of

I have the same situation but it's with a Capital One Blank check and i hope that i don't run into any problems at the dealership. This will be my second car using the blank check method and the first one went off without a hitch. The dealer also wanted me to go with Honda financing, but when i wouldn't budge, they relented and gave me the price that i was asking for on my Accord. Hopefully the experience will be the same when i buy my TSX this weekend. I must say, the check has been burning a hole in my pocket and also the thoughts of getting my own TSX as well!!
Old 05-27-2004 | 08:01 PM
Intermediate

I'd like to clear something up:

The price of a new car that you're buying from the dealership and the money they give you for your trade in are NOT related in any way what so ever.

Think of it this way. Say you had a VW that you wanted to "trade in" for a new TSX. The dealer treats the VW as a completely seperate transation than the TSX. They will buy the VW from you, then turn around and sell it for 20% more than what you bought it for. This is why you will always get more money selling a car yourself than if you trade it in. The dealer won't buy the car unless they are going to make a profit.

If you talk to the dealership about the value of the car with the price of a new car, it's all a load of shit. They may say "Well we can't give you more for your trade in, but we'll knock down the price of the new car by $1000". You're thinking, "Great! I just got an extra $1000" But the two deals are totally seperate, so if they drop $1000 off of the new car, they can do the same thing without the trade in.

So my point is: If you're not comfortable selling a used car yourself, negotiate the sale of the old car completely seperately from buying the new car. Hell, go to completely different dealership to sell your used car. If you have a VW, try a VW dealership, they may give you more since it's easier for them to sell used VWs.

Also, I think someone said offer 5% over invoice - actually, 3% over invoice is good enough for them. They get back around 2% of the invoice price through wholesaling and other crap, so 3% over invoice IS 5% profit for them. Also, you should get all your options (besides the body kit since that requires installation) for dealer cost, not MSRP.
Old 05-28-2004 | 08:09 PM
Ohhh yeah!

I did say 5%, but that was over dealer cost, not invoice. Their final cost would include holdback and any factory-to-dealer incentives that aren't usually included with the invoice number. So if you factor in an Acura holdback, which is 2%, then it is 3% over invoice.

Agreed on the used car primer though.