Costco Discount

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costco Discount

Do all Acura dealers give the Costco Discount? Do you know how much it is and is it valid on all cars * TSX is what I'm lookin for. I already have decent quote but will mentioning Costco membership help me leverage my discount more?

Feedback would be appreciated
Old 10-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by asethi16
Do all Acura dealers give the Costco Discount? Do you know how much it is and is it valid on all cars * TSX is what I'm lookin for. I already have decent quote but will mentioning Costco membership help me leverage my discount more?

Feedback would be appreciated
NO,

all dealerships don't do the costco deal. you have to go to costco.com, go to services, then go to buy a new car. put in your zip code and the exact car you want, and they'll give you the nearest dealership that does the program.

i live in los angeles, and they sent me to dealerships about 30-45 minutes away. and los angeles is a big city (duh!).. with tons of acura/gmc/mitsu dealers. so this leads me to believe that only a very limited amount of dealerships do this.

as for the price, i have reason to believe that the price is VERY competitive. on my own, through internet research, i was getting a great deal on a new '06 G6 gtp coupe... i was getting the 1000$ gmc rebate, and 700 off of the invoice.

soon after, i found out about coscto, so i gave them a shot. the acura dealer i was sent to told me (over the phone) that i would probably end up paying only a few hundred more for the TSX.. which means, if he realizes what he says, that i would be paying BELOW invoice (which seems to be somewhat rare for the tsx).

anyway, i have an appt. with him on thursday to test drive and get an actual quote. good luck!

(btw, what kind of deal are you getting already?)
Old 10-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Advanced

I'm at 27,650 w/o protection package for navi.......tryin to bring that down to 27, 300 w/protection package.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Racer

what exactly is the protection package, and how much extra is it?

i'm assuming you mean 27k before taxes.. right?

i definitely think you should give the costco thing a shot.. i'm pretty sure you can get your car under invoice..
Old 10-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by the_Osk
what exactly is the protection package, and how much extra is it?

i'm assuming you mean 27k before taxes.. right?

i definitely think you should give the costco thing a shot.. i'm pretty sure you can get your car under invoice..

I'm at 27, 650 + tax and title (destination is already in it).....I'm havin a hard time gettin under invoice considerin this price is internet price. I've bin tryin to haggle now thru the emails but it seems to take a lot longer. I can call but I feel more comfortable using email and I can't go to dealers cause theyre all far away.

Protection package includes Wheel locks, Splash Guards, and Mats.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Professional SLACKER

When I asked the dealer close by my house about costco program. Last year They quoted me $29.5k for CG navi AT OTD before I even negotiate the price. But that was for an 04 model tho.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Racer

is that a good price? i don't know much about the 04s. actually, what's a CG?? <--- me
Old 10-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Advanced

I'm at 27, 650 + tax and title (destination is already in it).....I'm havin a hard time gettin under invoice considerin this price is internet price. I've bin tryin to haggle now thru the emails but it seems to take a lot longer. I can call but I feel more comfortable using email and I can't go to dealers cause theyre all far away.

Protection package includes Wheel locks, Splash Guards, and Mats.
$650 for mats, wheel locks & splash guards, is that true?
Old 10-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Professional SLACKER

Originally Posted by the_Osk
is that a good price? i don't know much about the 04s. actually, what's a CG?? <--- me

CG = Carbo Grey.
I finally bought my car @ $27k OTD without the Costco discount. That was the best deal that I found back in 04. For 05 you might be looking at either the same or a bit higher. They all already have the wheel locks and mud guards installed. Don't bother getting the paint protection stuff.

With Costco discount the best deal I could've got was $27.5k.

Hope this helps
Old 10-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Professional SLACKER

Originally Posted by wesleyl524
$650 for mats, wheel locks & splash guards, is that true?
B.S. don't pay that it!!! rip off.....
locks, and plash guard is intstalled already you can nego with dealers to throw them on for free. Mats you can get for $200 on ebay.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by foolioness
B.S. don't pay that it!!! rip off.....
locks, and plash guard is intstalled already you can nego with dealers to throw them on for free. Mats you can get for $200 on ebay.
Please understand that I havent even mentioned Protection package to the dealer. My goal is to negotiate down to 27,300 and ask them to throw it in for free! I am just having a hard time negotiating down from 27,650 down to 27,300. Any help on that!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Professional SLACKER

Please understand that I havent even mentioned Protection package to the dealer. My goal is to negotiate down to 27,300 and ask them to throw it in for free! I am just having a hard time negotiating down from 27,650 down to 27,300. Any help on that!

I understand, but sometimes, you just have to know when to walk away when a dealer is not willing to nego with you. It took me about a month and all the dealers in So Cal before I got the price that I wanted. That's my advice.

Also, you might want to try to ask them that since its the 05 model and 06 is coming up, you might have an advantage on that. my
Old 10-05-2005, 12:51 AM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

That's right, if you are in the 3rd-4th-5th round of negotiation and the guy isn't budging, he's just trying to wear you down -- he isn't going to budge by you just throwing out numbers. I'd contact a few other dealers, even if they're not as close by, and negotiate with them. If the first dealer's really the most convenient, you can hit him over the head with the other offers (subtract a little, in case he says he can get "close" but can't match). If he still sticks-and-stays, then at least you know what your options are.

That's what I did, talked to dealers a couple hundred miles away, got an offer about $1000 less than the local bozo, told him it was something like $1300 less, he said he couldn't match that but ended up selling it for $1100 less than his original rock-bottom price. It is better, if you can, to do that negotiation in person. By email, it's easy for him to blow you off -- he has very little time or effort, really, invested in you over the internet. Over the phone is a waste of time, he'll bore you with all kinds of b.s. and still doesn't really see you as a buyer about to walk out the door.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:05 AM
Intermediate

I'm guessing the Costco deal changes around based on the desirability of the model alot. I live in San Diego. When I bought my TSX in July '04 the Costco "deal" at Cush Acura was $750 off the MSRP. Then they had the "protection package" for $750 that of course brought the price back up to full MSRP. And then you had to wait for delivery. Big f'ing deal. This was the same for the then much newer TL. The RSX and MDX had "invoice + $XX" prices. I went to Palm Springs and asked for $1,500 under MSRP and free "protection package". They negotiated to 1/2 off the protection package which I went for since they actually had a car on the lot.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anyone used cardirect.com for pricing?
Old 10-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Advanced

sorta i thought it wasnt very useful......I just got a quote on a TSX with Navi Automatic Carbon Gray Pearl plus tax/tags FOR ....... 26,995!!!!!!! I HOPE THIS ISNT A SCAM considering before that person called me i was only getting 27,500 as my lowest
Old 10-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Professional SLACKER

Originally Posted by RickKel
I'm guessing the Costco deal changes around based on the desirability of the model alot. I live in San Diego. When I bought my TSX in July '04 the Costco "deal" at Cush Acura was $750 off the MSRP. Then they had the "protection package" for $750 that of course brought the price back up to full MSRP. And then you had to wait for delivery. Big f'ing deal. This was the same for the then much newer TL. The RSX and MDX had "invoice + $XX" prices. I went to Palm Springs and asked for $1,500 under MSRP and free "protection package". They negotiated to 1/2 off the protection package which I went for since they actually had a car on the lot.
Yeah, I did mentioned to the salesman that I didn't want any of the junks that they added on. He did drop the $$ about $1,200 off MSRP, he even showed me the folder with discounts. Then he said the car that I wanted already have the protection package, paint protection crap, blah, blah.. which brought it back close to MSRP again. He made up an excuse that all the car on the lot already has these add-ons. He finally gave all the B.S. add-ons for free but towards the end he hit me with a high APR! 720 will get you 5.9% Acura APR. 710 will get you 6.9%. I told him to kiss my ass (in a nice term) and walked away. That was a long nego time (2 hrs).

What does this tell you? If you want to finance, doen't finance from Acura, they'll rip you a new one. Get your finance approval from somewhere else like Capital One or E-Loan. I went with Capital One and they gave me 4.29% for good credit.
Besides, this will give you more buying power because dealer considers it cash!

Hope this helps your buying decision.
Good luck