Committed Relationship

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Committed Relationship

Here's the 411; I've been contemplating getting my own place for awhile now and have been looking at other vehicles to possibly decrease my monthly payment or maybe find a "beater" so i wont have a monthly payment anymore.

Why whould I get rid of the TSX? A buddy of mine traded in his M3(E46) for an Xterra. He sacrificed his car because he was getting his own place also. So I was thinking should I trade my '06 PWP TSX for a 4Runner or Tacoma. (Im an outdoors guy and love to fish...thats why I was considering the trucks) I browsed the web for a used MDX from the '02-'04 range because I like Acuras but the cockpit wasnt as nice as the TSX. All the cars and trucks I compared just couldnt compare to our car's styling, handling, performance and just the little things I love about my TSX.

So I ask my girlfriend for her input and she tells me do what I think is best and so on and so forth, BUT she thinks that I should keep the car not only because she likes it but because she does NOT want to hear me complain about how awesome the TSX was when or if i get rid of it. She knows that I will saying "man the TSX had this or the TSX was that". And she knows how much I will miss it.

In conclusion, I am going to keep my baby(im talkin about the car). I love her and cannot wait to park her in my garage when I purchase my own home.

Sorry that this is so long, just thought I'd share my thoughts with fellow enthusiasts. It is the end of the month, watch out for those PIGS.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by soon2own1
So I ask my girlfriend for her input and she tells me do what I think is best and so on and so forth, BUT she thinks that I should keep the car not only because she likes it but because she does NOT want to hear me complain about how awesome the TSX was when or if i get rid of it. She knows that I will saying "man the TSX had this or the TSX was that". And she knows how much I will miss it.
Sounds exactly what my wife would say and she would be absolutely right.
What the girlfriend said FTW.

Originally Posted by soon2own1
It is the end of the month, watch out for those PIGS.
As the proud father of a law enforcement officer who risks his life every time he puts on his uniform and goes to work, I say "Not cool."
Old 10-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Instructor

I am glad to hear that your keeping ur TSX.. good choice bro
Old 10-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
keep the car. you are going to take a big hit if you sell/trade it. IMO you won't be able to free up enough money to do the trade.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Intermediate

As the proud father of a law enforcement officer who risks his life every time he puts on his uniform and goes to work, I say "Not cool." [/QUOTE]

Sorry Hoosier, no hard feelings and i do have friends that are in law enforcement but ever since they changed the new laws in VA its getting ridiculous. I havent gotten any speeding tickets...knock on wood.... but I got two tint tickets in the HOV lane in the same month on my way to work with "slugs"(passengers) in the car and my tint is only 35% all the way around...it gets expensive for a college student...and i do not want to hear about me changing my tint beacuse it is perfect...these state troopers need to relax and focus on those speeders or aggressive drivers...but i love my car...thanks for your input.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I was behind a guy in an Audi Avant that was flying through traffic on I-88 outside of Chicago. He passed me, and everyone else, and kept on weaving in and out of traffic for about 8 miles. I stayed in the left lane, drying as fast as everyone else, and after those 8 miles I was two cars behind him.

Driving fast and driving crazy doesn't help, grow up. I don't go things that are illegal, so I have no reason to get caught by the police, which is why I don't call cops "PIGS"
Old 10-31-2007, 10:15 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So, let me get this straight, you know your tint violates the law, you've been ticketed twice for it, yet you think law enforcement should make an exception for you because your car looks good and focus on others who break the law.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:43 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
sounds like your gf is a keeper!

Luckily in my area, cops don't really care about tint. They go for more serious violations. I've stopped beside them with my 15% tint all around, and they just drive off.

If the cops in your area are actively looking for tinted cars, you might want to drive with your moonroof panel open to let more light in.

And cops do risk their lives when they're caught in a situation. But I also know that they try and wait until the suspects are gone before showing up =P Only the rookies rush to a scene (my dad worked for the police department for 28 years or so). Cops don't want to get involved in a gun fight
Old 10-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Burning Brakes

roll with the windows down..
Old 10-31-2007, 12:46 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,519 Likes on 1,185 Posts
I'm pretty sure you won't be fishing 6 or 7 days a week compared to driving the TSX 6 -7 days a week. I prefer having a vehicle that takes care of 90% of my needs compared to 10% of my wants.

My bud a work purchased a Chevy Avalanche for +$45,000 just to go camping once a year for a week (+$700 truck payment, +$250 fuel bill, & +$100 insurance/maint every month). I rented a Suburban for 5 days to hit the hills and only paid $300 and kept the TSX at home.

Depending on how much you fish, purchase a beater Toyota with +50,000-70,000 miles on the odo. A 5 year old Toyota truck is still better than a 2 year old Ford/Chevy/GMC/Dodge or even Nissan. I would only give up the TSX if I moved into a log cabin on a dirt road in the mountains by my favorite fish hole.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This makes me miss my baby. She's at home right now and I'm at school...
Old 10-31-2007, 06:12 PM
Intermediate

To jlukja:

Im not saying make an exception im saying to focus on aggressive drivers or others that are swerving or whatever....I have been driving with the moonroof panel open now more often and i dont care if its cold or not i will roll down my windows in front of the po po's...

MrGold: I totally agree with you....the TSX satisfies me 100%

Trojan: haha...my girl is def a keeper...people asked me why do i need to drive a car like a tsx when i already have a hot girl like her but they dont understand i need to satisfy my needs....I drive a lot and Im happy when im behind the wheel of my car...

Thanks everyone for your replies and inputs.