Body styling question

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 09:56 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body styling question

I opted to NOT get the aero kit from Acura when I purchased my car, and it seems as though I am regretting it. I only really like the front lip, as it gives the car a more agressive look and stance. The side skirts are less desirable as it only looks like the stock side skirts on my 99 SiR...and the rear bumper lip...well, I still can't make a comment of whether I like it at all...

The question that I have is, what would you guys think of a stock TSX with ONLY the front lip ? No side skirts and no rear bumper lip.

Would it stick out like a sore thumb ? Look out of place ?

Start opinionating.....
Old 11-26-2003, 02:00 PM
Über Geek

I think it would look fine. But the OEM spoiler is just average compared to some of the aftermarket ones.

If you're only getting the one piece, check your options.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Pro

Originally posted by captainjack
I think it would look fine. But the OEM spoiler is just average compared to some of the aftermarket ones.
I'm sorry, but putting any spoiler other than a subtle "lip spoiler" on a 4-door sedan looks sooooo gay! Nothing can make a classy 4-Door Sedan car look more plastic than a spoiler. There are lip spoilers on ebay for $39, pick up one of those, take it to Macco and they will match your car color for about another $40. You will thank me for it when people are not laughing at you at every stoplight.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:54 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by Buff-Daddy
I'm sorry, but putting any spoiler other than a subtle "lip spoiler" on a 4-door sedan looks sooooo gay! Nothing can make a classy 4-Door Sedan car look more plastic than a spoiler. There are lip spoilers on ebay for $39, pick up one of those, take it to Macco and they will match your car color for about another $40. You will thank me for it when people are not laughing at you at every stoplight.
I believe you're confused by the term that has been used so loosely. The word spoiler does not only apply to the wing that is usually placed on the trunk of a vehicle.

The spoilers that we speak of in this thread is regarding the front lip spoiler....better known as the front skirt.

I have no intentions of putting a spoiler for my TSX nor did I want one from factory.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:01 PM
Racer

I have the exact same question as Apocalypse. I love the front lip spoiler but don't really want the side and rear skirts. So far one person replied this thread saying it'll look okay with just the front skirt. Are there any other opinions? Thanks!
Old 05-03-2004, 07:13 PM
04 remembrance

The TSX's rear sticks up way too high to begin with so why make it look higher by adding only the lip?
Old 05-03-2004, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Buff-Daddy
wtf r u talking about...if u read the original post it said FRONT lip!

please redeem ur coupon
Old 05-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally posted by observer
[BAre there any other opinions? Thanks! [/B]
There are some pics, link. People have put only the front lip on because they have the mud guards and cannot use the side skirts. There's some others as well
Old 05-03-2004, 08:48 PM
Racer

i think that getting the whole kit will turn out to be the best^^
TSX OEM kit is quite hot, plus that it's quite cheap if you dont buy them thru the dealer, i believe there's a GB for the OEM kit somewhere, you might want to check it out
Old 05-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Racer

I think the front lip and back skirt look like they don't quite match up to the car correctly. They look pasted on. I like the design of the front lip, but wish it had a more organic fitment.

The rear skirt I think looks funky, like it's a piece of armor put onto the car. It doesn't look "bad" but I just personally think that those 2 elements are enough for me to stay away from the OEM kit.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:42 PM
Racer

Originally posted by xizor
There are some pics, link.
Thanks xizor for the link. A picture speaks a thousand words.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Instructor

I just installed the front lip yesterday on my PWP. Took about an hour with help from a friend. I have to say the car looks so much better with the lip in my opinion. I wasn't to keen on the rest of the kit plus I didn't want to get rid of my mud flaps. I think its a great deal anyways since you can get the lip for 315 shipped rather than 800 - 900 and looks better IMO.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:34 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
There 's another TSX a work here with only the front Lip, same color as mine too. Personally I don't think it looks bad but the car just does'nt look complete somehow? The front is low but the rest of the car does'nt flow properly IMO. But its all in the eye of the beholder. And if you like it then get it, thats all that matters.

I'd also suggest looking at other front lips. Some other types look smaller and will probly flow with the rest of the car better.

EDIT:

Check out this thread fro some pics of some different front lips. Also check out Xizor's link. Xizor, nice collection of pics there.

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...ight=Front+Lip