Bluetooth acting up -- any help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006 | 08:19 PM
Advanced

Bluetooth acting up -- any help?

My bluetooth has worked just fine up until this morning. I got in my car this morning and pressed the "answer" button on the steering wheel to initiate a call. I said the name that I wanted to call -- the car recognized it -- so I pressed the button again and said "yes" to make the call. The screen displayed the normal "IN USE" message -- but I never got a ringing sound through the speakers -- upon making several calls and picking up the handset, I realized that the phone was, in fact, making the phone call -- but for some reaon it wasnt sending the sounds to the Bluetooth -- even tho my car thought that it was using the Bluetooth.

The only thing that I have messed with was trying to change the darn clock this weekend! My passenger pushed a lot of buttons on the dash trying to figure out how to adjust the clock.

What did I do?

Thnx.

Em
Old 10-31-2006 | 09:53 PM
Let me help you!

Pushing random buttons on $30k worth of equipment is not a nice thing to do =(

What kind of phone do you have? When I got my cell phone replaced, it worked for a day and then suddenly stopped. The car would dial out, but then I'd have to use the phone to speak. I guess the phone had updated itself. I had to downgrade its firmware in order to make it compatible with the TSX again.
Old 10-31-2006 | 10:06 PM
Instructor

Just a stupid suggestion, but did you try rebooting your phone by taking the battery out for 30 seconds or so? About once evey couple of months my phone will act up and I do that and it fixes the problem.
Old 10-31-2006 | 11:27 PM
Team Owner

If all else fails, warranty should cover any technological/electrical failure within your car.
Old 11-01-2006 | 06:06 AM
Advanced

I'll try rebooting the phone this morning -- if all else fails Ill have my dealer look at it when I go in for my first oil change. It just doesn't make any sense......

I have the LG? 8300 -- with Verizon service. Everything really worked fine and dandy and I havent updated the phone recently or anything weird. Ill figure it out!! Just thought I would start here for any clues.

Em

p.s. to top it all off, my car got egged last night -- thank god it hit the windshield and not the paint -- but its still a mess. i am home right now waiting or my car wash to open -- i got 99% of it off last night, but I know what egg can do to paint. Argh!!!!
Old 11-01-2006 | 07:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by XJGrl
p.s. to top it all off, my car got egged last night -- thank god it hit the windshield and not the paint -- but its still a mess. i am home right now waiting or my car wash to open -- i got 99% of it off last night, but I know what egg can do to paint. Argh!!!!
Ouch, that sucks. My mom's car got egged Monday night, too. Freakin kids got the poor old lady's car next door, too. Thank God my car has a garage in which to rest safely!

Also, I hope you can figure out your BT problem. Must be a bit frustrating.
Old 11-02-2006 | 12:00 AM
Intermediate

Is anybody know what BT version TSX use? If I buy unlocked Europen phone with BT v2 will it work?

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2006 | 12:13 AM
Let me help you!

My TSX got egg'd for halloween as well, and so did my dad's cars
Old 11-02-2006 | 05:21 AM
Advanced

Well -- I think the egg pretty much came off -- cant smell anything too nasty anymore.

My BT is working again as well!!! If everything was as simple and removing the battery from your phone...........
Old 11-02-2006 | 06:12 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

^^ ain't life grand?

except for the egg on your car.
Old 11-02-2006 | 08:23 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by XJGrl
My BT is working again as well!!! If everything was as simple and removing the battery from your phone...........
Makes you wonder if your phone will work correctly if you ever have to dial 911...

Why do phone companies think cameras and streaming video is more important than simple reliability?
Old 11-03-2006 | 06:33 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by derbaff
Makes you wonder if your phone will work correctly if you ever have to dial 911...

Why do phone companies think cameras and streaming video is more important than simple reliability?
It does make me wonder -- and what makes me wonder even more is the bill that I received from Verizon today!! They made a "mistake" according to them -- my mom and I have a joint account -- and they charged us our normal monthy charges PLUS per-minute charges for EVERY OUTGOING CALL made on my mother's account this month -- over $150 worth. Now -- how exactly does Verizon make a mistake like that? My gut tells me that they were HOPING that I was just stupid enough not to look at the bill.