Bad Tints or bad TSX??

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005 | 10:35 AM
Cruisin'

Bad Tints or bad TSX??

I had tints installed on all 4 door windows, and now i am noticing deep streaking marks on all of my windows. has anyone else noticed this? is this from crappy tints or is this just the way the TSX windows roll up and down?
Old 08-29-2005 | 10:47 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by chiTSX
I had tints installed on all 4 door windows, and now i am noticing deep streaking marks on all of my windows. has anyone else noticed this? is this from crappy tints or is this just the way the TSX windows roll up and down?
Scratches or just streaks? Streaks are probably just from dirt or something about that. You might get some scratches if you didn't install moleskin prior to do the install.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this but the TSX has rubber strips by the windows to reduce road noise instead of felt like other cars. This causes us to get some scratches in our tint. If you replace them with felt strips (moleskin) that supposedly helps. I didn't and I haven't had the problem yet
Old 08-29-2005 | 11:15 AM
Guinea Pig

The strips aren't rubber there plastic. Harder than rubber thats why they scratch the tint. If the streaks are verticle they are most likely scratches. So to answer your question......Bad TSX...not the tintS.......although Madico film is thicker so it doesn't scratch as easily so one could say weak tints as well.
Old 08-29-2005 | 11:26 AM
Senior Moderator

It appears some people have the scratches and others don't. I had tint put on about a month ago........still no scratches........
Old 08-29-2005 | 11:45 AM
Instructor

Get the moleskins. It is just a adhesive backed felt liner. The actual installation takes no more than 20 minutes, but takes 1-5 hours to take your door panels off. 1 hour if you don't mind your door panels getting marked up, 5 hours if you are super an@l like me and put tape on spots and protect the panel when prying.
Old 08-29-2005 | 12:57 PM
Cruisin'

moleskins? where would i get these? i am sure these are scratches, and they are vertical. my passenger rear window has it so bad it aggravates me to look at it. i will likely have to have my tints replaced. as a note, i have had these tints for about a year now, and for the first six months, they were streakless. i first noticed it happen to my drivers side front window, and now it's quite apparent on all of them.
Old 08-29-2005 | 01:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by chiTSX
moleskins? where would i get these?
Go catch some moles in the backyard and skin those damn critters!

Actually, I think someone is selling a kit in the "Black Market" forum. You can also get them from here .
Old 08-29-2005 | 01:45 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by JTso

Actually, I think someone is selling a kit in the "Black Market" forum. You can also get them from here .
Old 08-29-2005 | 02:54 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by JTso

I take it I want the "classic" ones? Or would the rubber be ok?

--