auto rear sunshade

found my jspec sunshade pics finally
they were in the wrong folder

Please e-mail moreace1@aol.com to host
I will send them to you

thanks
Old 08-23-2003 | 10:55 PM
Racer

I wonder how hard it's going to be to get it all hooked up?

Shade pics
Old 08-23-2003 | 11:21 PM
Pro

you couldn't get the pics in the actual thread either?
Old 08-24-2003 | 03:07 AM
Advanced

Nice... I've been thinking about getting one. Where did you get it? Does it attach with suction cups or what? Guess it's not automatically retractable?
Old 08-24-2003 | 02:08 PM
Pro

That is auto retractable.
that is the Japanese Accor pictured
should be able to be imported and used in TSX, some drilling required

Also search for thread "what is missing"
it is another thread I started w/ tons of possible TSX mods
one of the posts includes a link for an aftermarket auto sunshade you can check out

You can also get aftermarket ones where you hae to pull it up manually, jsut isn't as cool
Those are under $80 I believe
Old 08-24-2003 | 02:31 PM
GEEZER

That looks like ASS...tint your windows.
Old 08-24-2003 | 02:33 PM
has been here awhile

Originally posted by 1killercls
Power rear sunshade is much cooler than a ghetto tint...everyone has tint...
Old 08-24-2003 | 02:38 PM
Pro

do both
Old 08-24-2003 | 04:01 PM
Racer

Originally posted by SPUDMTN
Old 08-24-2003 | 05:00 PM
Banned

they both suck.
Old 10-05-2003 | 01:56 PM
Former Audio Mod

Man, I want that power rear sunshade!!

It's just like the one in my mother's E55 AMG. It would be nice for kids in the back seat too. I don't have any yet, but maybe in a 2-3 years. Personally, I much prefer it over tint. I don't think that side shades would work because of the side curtain air bags, so some protection might be nice.

Morace, I'm all for trying to figure out how to get it done. I'm #2 on the group buy (in case one should be beneficial). If we were to do it, I wonder about what we'd do with the switch. If the wiring is easy from the Japanese location, I guess you could cut a hole there, but I'd probably prefer not to do that. I can't tell from here, but it seems like it might be the right size to go in a cut-out near the VSA. Either way, I wonder what the sunshade would cost (parts) and what someone might charge for doing an install.

EDIT: I guess the thread is a month old, but throttle me if you like, we need to do this.

Looking at the rear deck of my TSX, I don't see a straight space running the length of the window. I think such a space would be needed for the sunshade. I have a spoiler, so I could remove the rear deck stop light, if I could make it good when out. Just another thought....let's make this happen!!
Old 10-07-2003 | 12:15 AM
Drifting

Your mom drives an E55 amg? damn... that's the first time that i've actually heard of or seen a woman drive a supercharged mercedes. I've seen some in mustangs... but this is a first for a mercedes sedan... the 2004 e55 is one poweful machine... was it a gift? Or did she actually want to buy it?
Old 10-07-2003 | 12:15 AM
Drifting

ALso... where did you get the automatic rear sunshade? I'd be interested in one too.
Old 10-07-2003 | 12:29 AM
Former Audio Mod

Originally posted by Alin10123
Your mom drives an E55 amg? damn... that's the first time that i've actually heard of or seen a woman drive a supercharged mercedes. I've seen some in mustangs... but this is a first for a mercedes sedan... the 2004 e55 is one poweful machine... was it a gift? Or did she actually want to buy it?
Sick, ain't it? She's the principal driver, but my dad was pretty excited about the AMG, I think she'd just get the 8cyl otherwise, it's a 2002 E55, but still nuts.

ALso... where did you get the automatic rear sunshade? I'd be interested in one too.
I didn't, but we now have 3 people who are interested at least. Let's try to make it happen. I have no idea who'd sell it, but I'm starting a group buy and I think we have 3.
Old 10-07-2003 | 12:38 AM
Instructor

any real information\documentation on the install?
Old 10-07-2003 | 03:37 AM
Former Audio Mod

Originally posted by bheywow
any real information\documentation on the install?
I see none. Anyone know??
Old 10-07-2003 | 11:12 AM
Pro

It comes up at an angle and get smaller towards the top I believe. Sorry, i have been out of the game a while. Looking to purchase the TL in Jan as the traitor I am. Anyways I made list of waht I believe to be great potential mods on a thread "what is missing" I will bump it up to the top and you can read through it. Best of luck.
Old 10-07-2003 | 11:32 AM
Former Audio Mod

Originally posted by moreace
It comes up at an angle and get smaller towards the top I believe. Sorry, i have been out of the game a while. Looking to purchase the TL in Jan as the traitor I am. Anyways I made list of waht I believe to be great potential mods on a thread "what is missing" I will bump it up to the top and you can read through it. Best of luck.
Oh well. I guess 2 on the group buy then. I did see that thread you mention, but I wonder if you can tell us more about the rear sunshade before you move to ACURA-TL.COM or whatever. Where did you find the pictures? Where does it mount on the rear deck, I don't see the room for that. ANY other info to help us do it?
Old 10-07-2003 | 11:45 AM
Pro

Originally posted by schalliol
Oh well. I guess 2 on the group buy then. I did see that thread you mention, but I wonder if you can tell us more about the rear sunshade before you move to ACURA-TL.COM or whatever. Where did you find the pictures? Where does it mount on the rear deck, I don't see the room for that. ANY other info to help us do it?
I am not going to Acura-tl, staying here just in the 2004 section. I couldn't leave Larch, he would be lost w/o me. The pics I posted of the TSX w/ the sunshade I found through a Japanese website. It is on the J-spec accord where it is offered. The easiest approach would prob just to get them from overseas as it is a direct fit. Typically the unit is a round plasitc like tube that drills into the rear deck. Wiring should be simpler to the switch where you elect to put it. It folds out using two rods at an angle goign towards the front of the car. It supports itself so nothing else is required. I do not have a TSX so I can not go out, look, and tell u exactly. Almost every car I ahve seen has space on the back deck as it is relatively thin and takes up minimal space when open or closed. You can also go the generic one, which is in the US and should aslo be fine. It was in the "R&D" of th website that sells stuff to hook up to the nav. Link is in one of teh 2 threads. Try calling them to get osem specific answers. I am not an expert or even too knowledgeable on this. Just think the TSX is a great car and tried to stimulate some inventive mods to get everyone going.
Old 10-07-2003 | 12:00 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Originally posted by 1killercls
hahaha, agreed. This is a tsx not a bentley.
Old 10-07-2003 | 04:26 PM
Former Audio Mod

Originally posted by moreace The pics I posted of the TSX w/ the sunshade I found through a Japanese website. It is on the J-spec accord where it is offered. The easiest approach would prob just to get them from overseas as it is a direct fit.
Anyone have a clue who you could get it from?

Typically the unit is a round plasitc like tube that drills into the rear deck. Wiring should be simpler to the switch where you elect to put it. It folds out using two rods at an angle goign towards the front of the car. It supports itself so nothing else is required. I do not have a TSX so I can not go out, look, and tell u exactly. Almost every car I ahve seen has space on the back deck as it is relatively thin and takes up minimal space when open or closed.
I understand that in theory, but do the J-spec Accords have the rear deck stop light? When I look at mine, there's no where I could connect a straight line on the rear deck towards the back because speakers or the stop light are in the way. :-/

You can also go the generic one, which is in the US and should aslo be fine. It was in the "R&D" of th website that sells stuff to hook up to the nav. Link is in one of teh 2 threads. Try calling them to get osem specific answers.
Thanks. I just talked with those guys at AVElectronic (link) and it sounds like they probably won't be selling them...good thing too, they'd be UGLY! Basically those don't fully collapse and the triangle you see would be there all the time, whether it was up or down.
Old 10-07-2003 | 05:52 PM
1st Gear

try www.myautoshades.com.. they have powered rear shades
for cars..
Old 10-07-2003 | 06:00 PM
Former Audio Mod

Originally posted by tsx04
try www.myautoshades.com.. they have powered rear shades
for cars..
Thanks! One shows a pretty good amount of info, but appears to run on batteries and there's no mention of where the button goes. If the button is only accessible on the back, a manual shade would be just as good. The other one doesn't have any text at all though. Do you know any more?
Old 10-30-2003 | 08:48 AM
Former Audio Mod

FYI

Can't seem to find it in our Honda Parts disk and it is not listed as a
Honda Access item. We have contacted japan for the items and hopefully I
can get back to you soon in regards to this!

Best Regards
Morris King
Old 10-31-2003 | 03:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by SPUDMTN

why? so you can tell people "watch this" and press the button, and they will go "wow!"

i really see no point in rear sunshades, powered or not.
and how is tint ghetto? i see plenty of 50k+ cars with tinted windows.
Old 10-31-2003 | 03:20 AM
Former Audio Mod

A sunshade is clear 100% when you want it to be (down) and blocks sun when it's up. I personally want 100% visability, but the ability to cool those in the back seat (esp. kids in the future) when needed. I think tint is tacky looking personally, 50k+ car or not. If it were so ideal they would ship the car with it, as it wouldn't be expensive. At any rate, this thread is for people who want this product, it harms you none if they install it.