august builds, september arrivals?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003 | 01:39 PM
Pro

august builds, september arrivals?

Just ordered my CG/Ebony. Dealer told me it will not be in until late sept. I'm assuming he's ordering from the august builds? I'm thinking he's just telling me late september, but really it's mid sept and he wouldn't want to underestimate the arrival date.

Does anyone know approx how long it takes to get from the build date until arrival on the east coast US?
Old 07-28-2003 | 06:23 PM
Stuck in Purgatory

I thought I read somewhere that it's usually 30-45 days from build date to arrival at a dealer on the east coast.
Old 07-28-2003 | 06:43 PM
Jersey ---> Maryland

im in jersey. mine was built on 6/26 and im scheduled to take delivery on 7/30

i ordered mine on 5/3. the reason for the long wait is that i wanted to take delivery at the end of this month, no earlier than that, so the dealer delayed placing my order.
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:28 PM
Pro

Hey Jate: was the dealer able to tell you your build date when you ordered your car? I asked my dealer and he said he doesn't even have that information yet. He's expected it to come in late september.
Old 07-29-2003 | 05:24 AM
Jersey ---> Maryland

Originally posted by DjElucid
Hey Jate: was the dealer able to tell you your build date when you ordered your car? I asked my dealer and he said he doesn't even have that information yet. He's expected it to come in late september.
i didnt really keep in touch with the dealer, but i didnt get a build date til after it was built. i just waited patiently and didnt wanna bother the dealer that much.
Old 07-29-2003 | 10:56 AM
Instructor

My car's (estimated) build date is today... woohoo! I ordered it on 6/26 and didn't get a build date until a week or so ago. They told me 3-4 weeks until the car is here... though I think it may be a bit longer. They said they will know VIN number in about 2 weeks. When they know the VIN number does that mean anything, like that the car made it to the shores of the US, or just out the door of the factory?
Old 07-29-2003 | 01:05 PM
Jersey ---> Maryland

Originally posted by hobbestec
My car's (estimated) build date is today... woohoo! I ordered it on 6/26 and didn't get a build date until a week or so ago. They told me 3-4 weeks until the car is here... though I think it may be a bit longer. They said they will know VIN number in about 2 weeks. When they know the VIN number does that mean anything, like that the car made it to the shores of the US, or just out the door of the factory?
when they have the VIN number, it means that the car is already at the port.
Old 07-29-2003 | 08:23 PM
Pro

Originally posted by hobbestec
Hey hobb: If you're willing to bus it for 5 and a half hours, there's a dealer down here in maple shade NJ with a artic blue/ebony/6spd. Their discount is pretty good. I test drove the blue last week. I'm waiting for my black/black/MT.
Old 07-29-2003 | 08:47 PM
Instructor

Thanks DJ, but I think I'll wait. I want an automatic (6spd = MT?) and I don't want a demo car. I want to break it myself
Old 07-30-2003 | 12:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Re: august builds, september arrivals?

Originally posted by DjElucid
Just ordered my CG/Ebony. Dealer told me it will not be in until late sept. I'm assuming he's ordering from the august builds? I'm thinking he's just telling me late september, but really it's mid sept and he wouldn't want to underestimate the arrival date.

Does anyone know approx how long it takes to get from the build date until arrival on the east coast US?
Congratulations! From my date of deposit, my dealer told me about 45 days. I didn't know back way then (end of June/early July) whether or not to ask about build dates. I'm on the West Coast, FWIW.

Oh please, Lordy, Lordy, Lordy, let it be before October 1!!! That's when The Bottomless Pit (California's State Gov't) is tripling license or registration fees.
Old 07-31-2003 | 08:39 AM
Pro

Re: Re: august builds, september arrivals?

Originally posted by Brad

Oh please, Lordy, Lordy, Lordy, let it be before October 1!!! That's when The Bottomless Pit (California's State Gov't) is tripling license or registration fees.
DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, why are they hiking it up so high?
Old 07-31-2003 | 08:53 AM
dez
I never post !!!

DJ .. what kind of discount did you get ? Most people in our area won't go BELOW $1000 off sticker .. and even THAT is coming harder to get ... looks like only $500 ...

Do I have a realistic shot at $1000 over invoice (which would be $25,647 and $1300 off sticker) .. if I wait until the fall ?? Or will they be even HARDER to even FIND by then ???