Attention all soon to be owners with a deposit down

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003 | 11:54 AM
Advanced

Attention all soon to be owners with a deposit down

hey guys, well here is the story. so i roll into my acura dealer here in concord to ask if my car arrived yet and if they got a vin on the plate since they said that my car will be arriving at the dealership in mid to late august. *if you remember one of my other posts, my car was supposed to arrive in early august.* So nice i waited another two weeks, you all know how waiting for a new car can give u the "feeling." so i went to them and asked the manager. So this young guy comes out and tells me that my car's processing date is the 18 of this month?! and I won't be getting the car until late september?! He told me since the car has been having some minor complaints that the cars are being pushed by for two weeks in the building process through quality control and how it is gonna be tip top spec clean when I get it... but my question is why dind't these guys send me an email... cause this is very bad customer satisfaction, and futher more it goes to show that since they didn't bother to inform, then they don't really care about the customers time and conveinence.

so here is the roll out...

Date Ordered... 7/10
Date processed ... 8/18
Date recived... 9/28 - 10/5

I donno, I mean you expect that they give u that much of informing the customer, because I need a car to start the school year with, we got three drivers all going different directions at different times, now since they pushed back my ETA of my car, its miscalculates the accuracy of this car in my garage... so now we are one car short...

Maybe I should ask them for a loner. I am the third one from concord Acura that is getting a CG TSX, any CG TSX in the bay area guys?

Anyways...

mood: dissapointed and a bit angry
Old 08-11-2003 | 01:12 PM
Instructor

I'm at almost exactly the same point. My car was ordered 7/8, was apparently built 7/23, is scheduled to be "released" to the dealer (I think that means released at the dock for shipping) about 3 weeks after that (that would be this Wednesday), and the dealer said it would be another 1 to 3 weeks after that before they have it to deliver.

So I'll check today and see what they're saying. I hope they're messing with you, cuz I really want the car but don't know whether I'm willing to wait until October.
Old 08-11-2003 | 01:18 PM
Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!

you guys should have just picked a car from the lot like I did. No waiting time for me
Old 08-11-2003 | 01:27 PM
anti-dentite bastard

Re: Attention all soon to be owners with a deposit down

Originally posted by Kidd
hey guys, well here is the story. so i roll into my acura dealer here in concord to ask if my car arrived yet and if they got a vin on the plate since they said that my car will be arriving at the dealership in mid to late august. *if you remember one of my other posts, my car was supposed to arrive in early august.* So nice i waited another two weeks, you all know how waiting for a new car can give u the "feeling." so i went to them and asked the manager. So this young guy comes out and tells me that my car's processing date is the 18 of this month?! and I won't be getting the car until late september?! He told me since the car has been having some minor complaints that the cars are being pushed by for two weeks in the building process through quality control and how it is gonna be tip top spec clean when I get it... but my question is why dind't these guys send me an email... cause this is very bad customer satisfaction, and futher more it goes to show that since they didn't bother to inform, then they don't really care about the customers time and conveinence.

so here is the roll out...

Date Ordered... 7/10
Date processed ... 8/18
Date recived... 9/28 - 10/5

I donno, I mean you expect that they give u that much of informing the customer, because I need a car to start the school year with, we got three drivers all going different directions at different times, now since they pushed back my ETA of my car, its miscalculates the accuracy of this car in my garage... so now we are one car short...

Maybe I should ask them for a loner. I am the third one from concord Acura that is getting a CG TSX, any CG TSX in the bay area guys?

Anyways...

mood: dissapointed and a bit angry
Kidd,
Another thing I would look into is the tripling of the registration fees by the DMV, effective October 1 in California. If your car comes after Oct. 1, you'll probably incur an extra $400 or so in registration fees, so I would complain about that and tell them to take $400 more off of the price you agreed on for the car.
Old 08-11-2003 | 01:53 PM
Racer

okay so i understand your pain... but here is one tip of advice that helped me.

i ordered my car in valencia, CA back in may and they told me it was going to be there by june. they told me not to talk to any other dealers while i wait for my car... i even left a deposit. but why are you just sitting on your butt and waiting for a car... why not use the other dealers around you as well. you could've and should've easily talked to 2 or 3 more dealers and see if they have the combo coming in already. don't just sit around and wait... be more proactive. you can always get the deposit back so go out there and look around if you're not happy with your dealer's input.
Old 08-11-2003 | 01:57 PM
So, do you like...stuff?

Dont dealers have the ability to see what cars are coming to every other dealership in the country? mine did, and they traded up for one.
Old 08-11-2003 | 02:14 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm concerned that I might be in a similar boat. At the end of June I placed an order for a CG/Ebony TSX. It should have been here by now--at least a VIN. Curiously, a CG/Quartz arrived last week.

I am in the Bay Area, and I am hoping that my dealer will be able to provide an affirmative delivery date. I don't might waiting a month if it means that the quality issues are resolved. I am very concerned if it doesn't arrive before October 1 when the fees go up 3x. What date is the Recall Election?
Old 08-11-2003 | 04:16 PM
Intermediate

Oh no! I hate to hear about these delays... I was supposed to pick up my TSX last week but the dealer told me delivery would be delayed 7-10 days due to increased inspections (?), I am assuming at the port of entry. I feel like calling him right now to get a definitive date. I am so tired of waiting but don't really have any other choice!!!
Old 08-12-2003 | 03:45 AM
Advanced

so then my dealer gave me these so called option...

1) pay another 400 dollars to get one shipped (search all of california) to Concord, if i don't want to wait (crock of sh!t), so basically I am paying for the shipping and handling fees of the car.

2) pray on my knees that the three other people inline drop their orders.

ebcheon, I could if i would, but because I walked around every acura dealer in the bay area to give me a CG/AT/Quartz combo for 26,200 , and they all told me sorry... so in that sense Acura of Concord is the only one willing to give me for that much in this area.

wishiwere, thanks for the heads up, I was aware, but not thinking about that during the time of my disscussion with my dealer, I will keep that in mind.

Either way im still trying to find an alternate response out of these guys...
Old 08-12-2003 | 08:27 AM
Cruisin'

Hopefully, I won't have the same problem. I put my deposit down on 7/31, and I was told yesterday that the car had been built on 8/7, with expected delivery around 9/4.

No VIN yet, but hopefully I'll know that next week.

dg.
Old 10-10-2003 | 10:08 PM
Cruisin'

umm . . . ordered my car June 7th. . . told me that it would be in the dealer August 1st the latest. . . I picked up my car September 25th . . . I had to keep calling. . . after I called for 2 weeks straight it was a funny thing me trying to haggle the price! LOL