View Poll Results: Planning to get any aftermarket products?
YES
53.85%
NO
30.77%
Most likey
15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Anyone planning to add on any aftermarket stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003 | 09:34 PM
Pro

Anyone planning to add on any aftermarket stuff?

Anyone planning to get any aftermarket products for your car? body kits, lights, performance, JDM parts... anything none OEM?
Old 07-30-2003 | 09:41 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Not me ... I am going to wait 3 years through my lease and see what Acura can bring us in stock form as an upgrade ... then go from there
Old 07-30-2003 | 10:02 PM
Racer

i want the jdm grill for now... i have a black/black tsx and the chrome in the front grill is too much. i would rather get the clean honeycomb grill like the jdm euro-r.

after that... i prolly won't do anything major.
Old 07-30-2003 | 10:17 PM
Jersey ---> Maryland

i already have the eibach prokit and oem bodykit sitting in my living room and i dont even have the car yet!
Old 07-30-2003 | 10:30 PM
Still here

Originally posted by JaTe
i already have the eibach prokit and oem bodykit sitting in my living room and i dont even have the car yet!
Now that's a man with a plan!

I'm building a custom fiberglass subbox, changing out all of the green tinted interior lights to white&blue, and modding the navi to play DVDs on the 8" LCD.... does that count?
Old 07-30-2003 | 11:31 PM
Pro

Originally posted by e_lectro
Now that's a man with a plan!

I'm building a custom fiberglass subbox, changing out all of the green tinted interior lights to white&blue, and modding the navi to play DVDs on the 8" LCD.... does that count?
what green interior lights are you talking about? as you can probably tell I didn't pick up my car yet. you mean the dome light is green?

70 views with 10 votes!!!! com'on!
Old 07-30-2003 | 11:34 PM
Possessed with my Schemes

I had to vote for most likey. I would likey likey to add some stuff but I need to save up some mulah first. I'm thinking aftermarket rims possibly.
Old 07-31-2003 | 06:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by ebcheon
i want the jdm grill for now... i have a black/black tsx and the chrome in the front grill is too much. i would rather get the clean honeycomb grill like the jdm euro-r.

after that... i prolly won't do anything major.
Do you re-use the Acura emblem? I like that grill too but I don't want the Honda emblem on it.
Old 07-31-2003 | 06:51 AM
Instructor

I have the JDM Euro-R Grill and Euro-R emblems(front and back) on backorder from Polepositionproducts.com. Just need to figure a way to keep the "A" emblem without it looking like an amateur job. A Clearbra kit is coming within the next couple of days I'll have a local pro install it. I have a hyperground system installed and just waiting for Comptech's Icebox and rear anti-sway bar. Also looking to add fog lights(oem) and oem spoiler later on. Dvd system combined with Navi within 12 months.Last, but not least, hoping Hondata comes out with a ecu upgrade next year. Oh, if Koni comes out with a suspension upgrade I'll be on line to get it. That's all folks!
Old 07-31-2003 | 08:35 AM
Pro

Originally posted by TSX007
I have the JDM Euro-R Grill and Euro-R emblems(front and back) on backorder from Polepositionproducts.com. Just need to figure a way to keep the "A" emblem without it looking like an amateur job. A Clearbra kit is coming within the next couple of days I'll have a local pro install it. I have a hyperground system installed and just waiting for Comptech's Icebox and rear anti-sway bar. Also looking to add fog lights(oem) and oem spoiler later on. Dvd system combined with Navi within 12 months.Last, but not least, hoping Hondata comes out with a ecu upgrade next year. Oh, if Koni comes out with a suspension upgrade I'll be on line to get it. That's all folks!

BEAUTIFUL PLAN!!!!
Old 07-31-2003 | 09:40 AM
Racer

Originally posted by TSX007
let us know about the A fitting where the H goes on the jdm grill. i'm really interested in getting one, but would rather have the A than the H.
Old 07-31-2003 | 09:41 AM
Racer

Originally posted by swami
Do you re-use the Acura emblem? I like that grill too but I don't want the Honda emblem on it.
i'm in the same boat... lets wait for tsx007 to let us know.
Old 07-31-2003 | 10:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by DjElucid
what green interior lights are you talking about? as you can probably tell I didn't pick up my car yet. you mean the dome light is green?

70 views with 10 votes!!!! com'on!
Most of the controls (like window switch, radio switch and the cubby hole above the ashtray location) have green lights. This is very distracting, IMO, with the blue ambient light and dashboard lights (mostly white or bluish hue).

e_electro is doing some incredible things. I can't wait to see them at the Chicago meet.
Old 07-31-2003 | 12:20 PM
Pro

Originally posted by moda_way
Most of the controls (like window switch, radio switch and the cubby hole above the ashtray location) have green lights. This is very distracting, IMO, with the blue ambient light and dashboard lights (mostly white or bluish hue).

e_electro is doing some incredible things. I can't wait to see them at the Chicago meet.
that's pretty stupid. I didn't ge to see the car at night, it was around sunset when I test drove it. I thought everything was going to be blue or red like the VWs have it.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Old 07-31-2003 | 12:40 PM
I love my TSX!

mugen stickers baby! each sticker is what...2hp each?
Old 07-31-2003 | 12:59 PM
Audi Driving Snob

I'm waiting on comptech -- I'll probably sport some comptech springs and aftermarket wheels. After that i'll have to see what dynos bare out to see if any other mods are worth it.
Old 07-31-2003 | 01:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Mmmmm Comptech....
Old 07-31-2003 | 03:14 PM
n00b

I plan on getting 18" wheels and TEIN TypeFLEX when it's available in the U.S. I know that the FLEX is already out in Japan for the EuroR as well as the 24TL (which basically the same as the TSX). Also, I will get the OEM front lip only for now. Maybe I'll get the rest of the kit, but that depends on how good it looks with just the front lip on. That's pretty much it for mods. I'm planning to put that many mods on like in my Prelude and Integra. Got tired of keeping up with all this stuff.
Old 07-31-2003 | 11:07 PM
Pro

Originally posted by vwong
Also, I will get the OEM front lip only for now. Maybe I'll get the rest of the kit, but that depends on how good it looks with just the front lip on.

Hey Vwong, keep me posted on your front lip add-on. I'm planning to get the mugen add-on, not the whole thing. But I wasn't planning to get the side sills or back, but I'm afraid the rest of the car won't match. Keep me posted!

THANKS!