Any recommendations on tint shops in Southern CA?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any recommendations on tint shops in Southern CA?

Before i get flamed, i tried running a couple of searches, (tint, california; tint, los angeles; tint la) etc. I have navi but would like metallic tint. Does anyone from so cal have metallic tint and don't have any problems with navi losing signal? If so, Which tint shop did u get the tint from? Thanks!
Old 10-05-2004, 03:36 PM
10th Gear

If you're in the Los Angeles area, I had my car tinted at "The Tint" show in West Covina. I think they are on Garvey Ave. I have the sides of my TSX metallic and the back window normal. No problems with the Navi at all. My friend had metalltic all around on his TSX and it did affect the navi. Once he changed the back to regular tint, it worked fine. Hope this help.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:36 PM
10th Gear

Sorry, it's the "The Tint Shop", not show.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for the info. Ya, i was thinking about getting normal tint for the back. How long did they say the tint would last in the back?
Old 10-05-2004, 04:13 PM
2004 CG TSX w/ At & NAV

I always recommend the TINT PROS in Huntington Beach. check em out thetintpros.com
they use ciramic tint that never fades and doesnt effect nav systems
Old 10-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by whoseanthony
I always recommend the TINT PROS in Huntington Beach. check em out thetintpros.com
they use ciramic tint that never fades and doesnt effect nav systems
I checked out their website. They have a coupon:
Old 10-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,236 Likes on 825 Posts
Hey, what is that Acrylic Teflon Polishing deal? Any good?
Old 10-06-2004, 08:24 AM
Intermediate

$159 (on most cars), not a bad deal. Plus it comes with a lifetime warranty. I might have to give them a try. Is that where you got your tint at ?
Old 10-06-2004, 09:45 AM
Intermediate

Hmmmm...im considering tinting 35% on all 3 rear back windows and 50% front. Ive also tried searching for the combo on here but couldnt find any1 who has 35 back and 50 fronts. Any1 with pics?
Old 10-06-2004, 10:12 PM
Intermediate

I got my windows tinted at tint pros in huntington beach. Great quality tint! They warned me about the scratch issues and they offered to installed moleskin for $50 bucks a door! Does anyone know a shop that would put moleskin on my car for a reasonable price? Thanks!
Old 11-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Cruisin'

Anything closer to San Fernando Valley?

I saw the shops in West Covina and hunnington in this thread, however:

1.) Does anyone know of any good tint shops close to the San Fernando Valley?

2.) I went to a 3M authorized dealer with my last car and the tint ended up having lots of bubbles from what the dealer said was uncontrollable dirt. Is there anything I can possibly do to prevent this before getting the windows tinted?

Thanks!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MediaMike
1.) Does anyone know of any good tint shops close to the San Fernando Valley?

2.) I went to a 3M authorized dealer with my last car and the tint ended up having lots of bubbles from what the dealer said was uncontrollable dirt. Is there anything I can possibly do to prevent this before getting the windows tinted?
1. I live in the S.F. Valley. I'm about to tint my TSX too. I was considering going back to the tint shop that tinted my accord...after 8 years or so, the tint still looks perfect. I can't remember the name, but I believe they're called Sunshield tint shop or something like that. They're on van nuys blvd, just south of the 101 freeway (if you go up the 101-south entrance ramp, you'll see it below you on the right. At the time, they were working with the local honda dealers to do the tinting for them.

However, I'm concerned about my navi. I'm thinking about using the FormulaOne Pinnacle series tint, which supposedly has a great ability to reflect heat without reducing the navi signals. I've read some good things about Sundimmers in Van Nuys in some prius forums...they're located near Galpin Ford on Roscoe Blvd. by the 405 freeway (so maybe they do tinting for the various dealerships there). They're website I believe is www.sundimmersinc.com but they don't list the Van Nuys facility. There's a coupon on that website, as well as descriptions of the various FormulaOne tint lines.

2. I think they either didn't clean your windows well, or they had a newbie installer install it incorrectly. Maybe he didn't squeegee it well? They should have spent more prep-time. Maybe it was "uncontrollable dirt" because they were on a time schedule and couldn't waste their time cleaning the car? They should have at least tried to work some of the bubbles out, or poke the bubbles to let the air out...

I'm probably going to get my car tinted soon, but I just haven't had the time to sit down and call
Old 11-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Cruisin'

Hi SoCaliTrojan,

I just drove by that tint place the other days when I picked up my new TSX from the Keyes Acura dealer. Let me know how your tint comes out when you do it. I am planning to get mine done within the next month.

Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
1. I live in the S.F. Valley. I'm about to tint my TSX too. I was considering going back to the tint shop that tinted my accord...after 8 years or so, the tint still looks perfect. I can't remember the name, but I believe they're called Sunshield tint shop or something like that. They're on van nuys blvd, just south of the 101 freeway (if you go up the 101-south entrance ramp, you'll see it below you on the right. At the time, they were working with the local honda dealers to do the tinting for them.

However, I'm concerned about my navi. I'm thinking about using the FormulaOne Pinnacle series tint, which supposedly has a great ability to reflect heat without reducing the navi signals. I've read some good things about Sundimmers in Van Nuys in some prius forums...they're located near Galpin Ford on Roscoe Blvd. by the 405 freeway (so maybe they do tinting for the various dealerships there). They're website I believe is www.sundimmersinc.com but they don't list the Van Nuys facility. There's a coupon on that website, as well as descriptions of the various FormulaOne tint lines.

2. I think they either didn't clean your windows well, or they had a newbie installer install it incorrectly. Maybe he didn't squeegee it well? They should have spent more prep-time. Maybe it was "uncontrollable dirt" because they were on a time schedule and couldn't waste their time cleaning the car? They should have at least tried to work some of the bubbles out, or poke the bubbles to let the air out...

I'm probably going to get my car tinted soon, but I just haven't had the time to sit down and call
Old 11-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by fabpaul
I got my windows tinted at tint pros in huntington beach. Great quality tint! They warned me about the scratch issues and they offered to installed moleskin for $50 bucks a door! Does anyone know a shop that would put moleskin on my car for a reasonable price? Thanks!
Eh do you have any picture of your tint? Any recommendation? I'm thinking of bring my car there.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:37 PM
5th Gear

Does anyone know a good place in West LA? Thanks.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Advanced

SoCaliTrojan,

Did you end up getting it tinted? Do you recommend the place? Anyone else have a place in SF Valley or LA they could recommend?

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan

Old 12-25-2006, 01:10 AM
seizure force field!

Received 115 Likes on 95 Posts
California Tint in Rosemead, on Rosemead Blvd.

give warranty on their work, they install car alarms too.

they will re-tint if it bubbles, or they will take it off for 10 bucks (iirc) if you get a fix it ticket.