35k (USD) Accord Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 07:49 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
35k (USD) Accord Coupe

I went by my local Honda dealer yesterday to waste some time and saw an Accord Coupe for $35,000 (US Dollars!!!). It had a $10k factory performance option. What in the hell would make somebody pay this much for an Accord? What is in this factory performance option? All I could tell was a body kit, lowered suspension and new wheels. The sticker didn't give any details. It looked much better than the stock jelly-bean Accord - but not 10k better.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:11 AM
Instructor

Re: 35k (USD) Accord Coupe

Originally posted by Bear Trap
I went by my local Honda dealer yesterday to waste some time and saw an Accord Coupe for $35,000 (US Dollars!!!). It had a $10k factory performance option. What in the hell would make somebody pay this much for an Accord? What is in this factory performance option? All I could tell was a body kit, lowered suspension and new wheels. The sticker didn't give any details. It looked much better than the stock jelly-bean Accord - but not 10k better.
Do you mean FP package? I thought it's about $4k. $10k for Accord FP, how much will Acura dealer charge for A-spec package on TL?
Old 09-29-2003, 09:17 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: 35k (USD) Accord Coupe

Originally posted by jumpper
Do you mean FP package? I thought it's about $4k. $10k for Accord FP, how much will Acura dealer charge for A-spec package on TL?
a-spec or not...you've gotta be smoking something serious to pay that much for the accord.

p.s. Hey jumper..nice pics of your TSX there. BUt you really need to invest in some decent car mats. At least ones that are cut around your gas pedal....that loook dangerous!
Old 09-29-2003, 11:19 AM
Burning Brakes

I bet it's NOT truly a "factory" installed option.

I'll be totally "unfair" to the dealer and second-guess that the dealer took $1500 (at retail) of plastic cladding, decals, rims, etc, and marked it up to $10 grand.

Visit some of the Honda dealers on the San Francisco to San Jose stretch, and you'll see some amazing mark-ups over MSRP!!!!
Old 09-29-2003, 12:18 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Brad
I bet it's NOT truly a "factory" installed option.

I'll be totally "unfair" to the dealer and second-guess that the dealer took $1500 (at retail) of plastic cladding, decals, rims, etc, and marked it up to $10 grand.

Visit some of the Honda dealers on the San Francisco to San Jose stretch, and you'll see some amazing mark-ups over MSRP!!!!
This is a dealer in San Antonio, where Accords go for barely above invoice. The dealer that has the car is a rip-off and I wouldn't ever give them my money, but was wondering if there could be more than suspension and cladding to this 10k. Like I said, there was no sticker explaining the cost - just the total price.
Old 09-29-2003, 12:35 PM
Instructor

Re: 35k (USD) Accord Coupe

I went by my local Honda dealer yesterday to waste some time and saw an Accord Coupe for $35,000 (US Dollars!!!). It had a $10k factory performance option.
Well, I see there is one Honda dealer on crack. I would be interested in seeing what the actual transaction price is when sells. Was it even the V6 6M or just a "regular" coupe? At that price, I would be getting a 325Ci, Infiniti G35 C or better yet a new TL.

One Acura dealer here has a TSX with all the add ons for $35K to $36K and I don't think it was a Nav model either. I bet it hangs around the dealer for a while too unless someone really wants a TSX and can't find one elsewhere.
Old 09-29-2003, 01:29 PM
Instructor

I was offered a black Accord V6 6MT for $25K over the weekend, and that was just in-the-lot chatter. I am sure I could have gone even lower.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:33 PM
My other "car" is a 4x4

Like I said, there was no sticker explaining the cost - just the total price.
No sticker? If the car is new, there must be a sticker on the window indicating its options and features (the big sticker with the MPG stated on it. Not having the window sticker displayed on a new car is a felony, at least in CA. If there are dealer-added accessories, they're usually listed on a separate sticker that's placed beside the factory sticker.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:33 PM
Racer

Originally posted by XPLORx4
No sticker? If the car is new, there must be a sticker on the window indicating its options and features (the big sticker with the MPG stated on it. Not having the window sticker displayed on a new car is a felony, at least in CA. If there are dealer-added accessories, they're usually listed on a separate sticker that's placed beside the factory sticker.
The factory sticker wasn't attached, only a dealer added sticker that showed the factory performance package for $9995.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:45 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

A fully loaded Accord Coupe with Navi is Almost $28k msrp
If the FP package was $4000 msrp. Honda does state a dealer installation fee is not included.

Above you have $32k in MSRP alone. could the extra three grand be in other dealer options and installation cost.

It very well could be completely loaded with every Honda option under the sun. I have seen people do this to there Honda's and if you paid the dealer for this. 35k would be the price.

Adding FP and DVD options to a Navi model would tip the 35k mark. It may seem hard to believe but it is true.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:54 PM
Racer

Originally posted by MrChad
A fully loaded Accord Coupe with Navi is Almost $28k msrp
If the FP package was $4000 msrp. Honda does state a dealer installation fee is not included.

Above you have $32k in MSRP alone. could the extra three grand be in other dealer options and installation cost.

It very well could be completely loaded with every Honda option under the sun. I have seen people do this to there Honda's and if you paid the dealer for this. 35k would be the price.

Adding FP and DVD options to a Navi model would tip the 35k mark. It may seem hard to believe but it is true.
The car was a V6 - 6 speed but no nav. There was a $600 dealer added paint sealant - so that should tell you something about this dealer. So $26k fully loaded w/o nav, $4k FP package, $1k in BS dealer charges and there's still $4k unaccounted for. Does the FP package include a body kit? The car did have a body kit and was much better looking than any other Accord I've seen. Add $1.5k for a body kit and rear spoiler that still leaves a huge chunk of change in the dealer's pocket - or $2.5k in dealer added options. This just boggles my mind. But then I never thought much of this dealer anyway.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Some of you haven't seen the Accords--esp the Coupe--for sale at certain Honda dealers between San Francisco and San Jose. I've seen astronomical--and totally inexplicable markups--in my area about half way btwn SF and SJ. In reality, their dealer markup isn't worth the toilet paper it's written on.

I've never been able to buy a car close to home--on the SF Peninsula. Either MSRP is the gospel, or the dealer wants the customer to pay for a several boat payments above MSRP.

I always go to points east, in Oakland, Walnut Creek, etc., for the best deals.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:03 AM
Instructor

Re: Re: Re: 35k (USD) Accord Coupe

Originally posted by fdl
a-spec or not...you've gotta be smoking something serious to pay that much for the accord.

p.s. Hey jumper..nice pics of your TSX there. BUt you really need to invest in some decent car mats. At least ones that are cut around your gas pedal....that loook dangerous!
Thanks. I already bought a set of OEM all season floormat. I took those pictures long time ago.