2006 Release

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005 | 12:38 PM
10th Gear

2006 Release

My dealer just told me that he would have to order the TSX in Blue auto w/nav. as there are none in VA. He said he could have it by September.

Can someone tell me when are the 2006 models coming out. I am not going to wait until Sept. and then get a last years model (without some serious discounting).
Old 07-22-2005 | 12:55 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dnmann
Can someone tell me when are the 2006 models coming out.
I wish we knew that. Last year the 2005s didn't show up at most dealers until November! That's quite a bit later than normal. I sincerely hope Acura doesn't pull that crap again with the 2006 TSX!
Old 07-22-2005 | 01:03 PM
VV "Precision Crafted" VV

My dealer just told me that he would have to order the TSX in Blue auto w/nav. as there are none in VA. He said he could have it by September.

Can someone tell me when are the 2006 models coming out. I am not going to wait until Sept. and then get a last years model (without some serious discounting).
If history repeats itself then '06 models not likely to come out till late November. And as for serious discounts on '05 models late in the year, will likely not happen because of limited supply of new '05 TSX's late in the year. Unless you will be looking for certified used.
Old 07-22-2005 | 01:08 PM
HOWARD911S

story with tsx. especially the blue ones, is basically you get what you can lay your hands on. Im not sure why, but arctic blue ones are rare, dealer, i went to abou 7 of them in southern california before i got my arctic blue, they all told me. for some mysterious reasons, acura is only making limited number of blue ones every year, other model are rare enough, blue ones is even more scarce. I dont have any hard data, but i wouldnt be surprised if you can not get serious discount. There are people waiting to get it, let along serious discount just cause the model year is ending....so get whatever you can
Old 07-22-2005 | 01:20 PM
04 remembrance

Heavy discounts are impossible with the TSX. My 2004 TSX which I purchased two years ago (3 months short), with 28,000 miles is still listed as $23,000 under KBB.

The depreciation on this car is simply amazing.

And the 2006 model should be due latest by this December (obviously).
Old 07-22-2005 | 01:50 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by iamhomin
Heavy discounts are impossible with the TSX.
That will change when the 2006 model comes with more HP. I agree that 10HP shouldn't matter that much, but I bet it does.
Old 07-22-2005 | 02:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Have they announced the offical launch date for the new Civic? Carryover models usually come in either before or a month after the new offerings. They (AHM) likes for focus all the energy and attention on the new car.
Old 07-22-2005 | 02:31 PM
04 remembrance

Originally Posted by STL
That will change when the 2006 model comes with more HP. I agree that 10HP shouldn't matter that much, but I bet it does.
You think so?

Take the RSX-S for example. Their 05 model which had +10hp and some cosmetic upgrades didn't affect the 200hp type-S value that much.
Old 07-22-2005 | 02:37 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Originally Posted by STL

Nope... That won't make a difference.

My G35 coupe compared to the '05s 280hp versus 298 didn't do anything. And if you wanna talk about resale...
Old 07-22-2005 | 02:51 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Maybe I'm wrong. I know S2000 value dipped quite a bit when the 2.2L version came out -- and thay model didn't even have any more HP (just more low end torque at the sacrifice of 1000rpm of rev range). Maybe it had more to due with the market finally reaching saturation (or something a lot closer to it).
Old 07-22-2005 | 03:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by STL
Maybe I'm wrong. I know S2000 value dipped quite a bit when the 2.2L version came out -- and thay model didn't even have any more HP (just more low end torque at the sacrifice of 1000rpm of rev range). Maybe it had more to due with the market finally reaching saturation (or something a lot closer to it).
I think saturation is the key. The new Z4 landed with a thud, Toyota dropped the MR2, Miata's getting old. The lease special last month really picked things up for the S2000. Honda needs to get it into the road tests with the new roadsters on the way (Saturn, Pontiac, and Miata). Ha when it wins them, maybe there will be renewed intrest in the car.
Old 07-22-2005 | 10:38 PM
Advanced

I have the same challenge...need to replace my Accord first week of October. Dealer is telling me that I should order first week of August to get it by mid-to-late September from the factory (Carbon grey 5AT with navi). I'm not ready to order yet!!!

I am not too worried about the +10HP, but if the 2006 model has Bluetooth support integrated into the navi/sound.... that would really irk me.... I want that bad!!! Plus, would I not be slightly better off in resale value a few years down the road if I wait for the 2006 model?
Old 07-23-2005 | 05:52 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mobidutch
Plus, would I not be slightly better off in resale value a few years down the road if I wait for the 2006 model?
Of course if you buy a 2005 and a 2006 on the same day in a couple yrs the 2006 will be worth more because it's "newer"... however, you can probably get a much better deal on an 05 right now than you will on an 06 when they first come out.... I paid $480 over invoice for my 05 that I'm getting next week.... when the 06s come out you know they'll be selling for close to MSRP... that's at least a $1500 diff right there...
Old 07-23-2005 | 08:18 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dmbfan36_23
Of course if you buy a 2005 and a 2006 on the same day in a couple yrs the 2006 will be worth more because it's "newer"... however, you can probably get a much better deal on an 05 right now than you will on an 06 when they first come out.... I paid $480 over invoice for my 05 that I'm getting next week.... when the 06s come out you know they'll be selling for close to MSRP... that's at least a $1500 diff right there...
That makes sense. So it looks like I could try to get by for a few months and wait for the '06 model to show up. If it doesn't have the extra's I hope for (BT), I could still decide to go with the '05 model if the price is right...but then it might be tough to still find the configuration I want.
Old 07-23-2005 | 11:17 PM
Instructor

If it doesn't have the extra's I hope for (BT), I could still decide to go with the '05 model if the price is right...but then it might be tough to still find the configuration I want.
The '05's are already becoming tough to find... esp if you want 6MT w/NAV. My dealership said that last year they had no TSX's for a month between the 04/05 model years....
Old 07-24-2005 | 09:12 AM
CL9 ABP

In ny I got mine during january when it first came out to paragon like in december. So I was lucked out in getting my artic blue, but I did pay the car at full price. with taxes 30k.

Oh one thing 05s haven't had much problems and no rattles!
Old 07-24-2005 | 07:51 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Howard911s
story with tsx. especially the blue ones, is basically you get what you can lay your hands on. Im not sure why, but arctic blue ones are rare, dealer, i went to abou 7 of them in southern california before i got my arctic blue, they all told me. for some mysterious reasons, acura is only making limited number of blue ones every year, other model are rare enough, blue ones is even more scarce. I dont have any hard data, but i wouldnt be surprised if you can not get serious discount. There are people waiting to get it, let along serious discount just cause the model year is ending....so get whatever you can
Is that because ABP is not that popular?? I were forced to buy ABP because no other color choice was available except red and silver. Hope the value of ABP TSXs goes up because of the color!! haha
Old 07-25-2005 | 05:57 AM
Race Director

Pohanka Acura shows one like that in their inventory. They even have a blue 6MT w/NAV which is quite rare. You can't get any car from Japan ordered and have it arrive in less than 3 months - the way he would get you one is through a dealer trade. Why he couldn't get you one before Sept or why he told you there are none in VA might tell you something about what kind of dealer you are dealing with.
Old 07-25-2005 | 12:26 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by biker
Pohanka Acura shows one like that in their inventory. They even have a blue 6MT w/NAV which is quite rare. You can't get any car from Japan ordered and have it arrive in less than 3 months - the way he would get you one is through a dealer trade. Why he couldn't get you one before Sept or why he told you there are none in VA might tell you something about what kind of dealer you are dealing with.
Interesting. My local dealer told me to get an order in by first week of August to receive a TSX late September from the factory. Should it not be easy to verify on mileage if he actually did a dealer trade?
Old 07-25-2005 | 12:42 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Should it not be easy to verify on mileage if he actually did a dealer trade?
Not if they put the car on a flatbed to transport it.
Old 07-25-2005 | 01:22 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by STL
Not if they put the car on a flatbed to transport it.
OK makes sense. Well fine. I don't really care if it would arrive directly from factory or transported this way. As long as it doesn't have a kazillion miles on it. I would care though if the dealer would deem it necessary to make me think it came directly from the factory..... that doesn't speak much for integrity.

Still wishing Acura would hurry up with the 2006 specs though..... I have half a mind of sitting it out, even though it might cost me an extra $1500. Would hate to miss out on built-in BT for the next so many years.
Old 07-25-2005 | 02:57 PM
Instructor

I had the same sort of argument with myself but finally broke down and bought an '05. Now that I've done so, I hope they don't improve it for '06 too much. (Maybe just as much as I could do with Hondata? That would be okay .)
Old 07-25-2005 | 03:03 PM
Instructor

Would hate to miss out on built-in BT for the next so many years.
What integrated BT features do you want? Have you looked to see if there are aftermarket solutions to give you what you need? $1500 for BT integration seems steep :-)...

Also, considering that BT is becoming more popular, new aftermarket solutions could come up in the "next so many years"...

Just a thought...........
Old 07-25-2005 | 03:13 PM
Advanced

Agreed, $1500 for just BT would too much. But that extra $1500 will likely also give me some other improvements, e.g. in engine performance. Plus, it may give me a slightly higher resale value e.g. 4 years from now. Given those points, I would make the extra expense.

I would prefer the BT to be integrated, because it would blend with the controls on the steering wheel (no extra controls) and from a display perspective probably blend with the Navi or the one-line LCD in the dash. Plus, no need to wire a microphone anywhere, or to wire an after-market thing into the sound system. If it doesn't integrate completely into the car's audio system there's no point in it for me. Then I may as well stick with my BT headset.
Old 07-25-2005 | 10:39 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Still wishing Acura would hurry up with the 2006 specs though.....
Me too, but Honda/Acura are always so tight lipped on these things. Heck, it would be nice if I just knew when the 2006s would arrive at dealers. I see you're wishing for BT, but I'm really pulling for memory settings for the driver's seat! That would totally make the deal for me...
Old 07-26-2005 | 12:09 AM
'05 abp tsx

I just got my ABP tsx last week, and my dealer told me that
1) 06 would be in september
2) ABP this is is double from last, 20% of all tsx in the us are abp, up from 10% for the 04
3) resale for the abp is low cuz people hate it or love it (super sexy to me)
4) is only "out-rared" by the milano red
5) there were only 3 abp + navi + auto in Cali, 1 in SoCal and 2 in NoCal, and i got the one in ocal =D
6) $500+ markup for the dealertransfer, and only because the manager used to work at the other dealer, I later negotiated the $500 away, and another 300 off! =D
7) waiting for abp in the 06 or even the late 05 ones would have no discount due to its rarity and hot sales. but i somehow doubted that
Old 07-26-2005 | 11:26 AM
People call me Butterbar

My Dad's a carsalesman and he doesn't even have info on the '06 anything yet, he says Honda is being their usual selves and it probably won't be until mid/late August at the earliest before they say anything.
Old 07-27-2005 | 09:37 PM
Instructor

Well, I just signed tonight for my 05 Graphite, Auto w/Navi (there are going to do a dealerswap - when they find one). Should have it in a few weeks. I hope they find one ....

I was going to wait for 06, but the dealership said they were due in October.

I traded-in a leased truck, I got tired of all of our "new friends" ... We were a moving service. :angryfire

I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY TSX!!!!
Old 07-27-2005 | 10:13 PM
Advanced

Good for you Adrena! Has to be a pretty good feeling knowing that you're about to own one of these babies.

I sure hope it will be October for the '06, and not December. My lease is due in September, but I can extend it for any number of months...I think that's the way I'll go. If the '06 spec are not compelling enough, I'll still try to grab an '05.

Did they have anything to say about the '06 model?
Old 07-27-2005 | 11:06 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Adrena
I was going to wait for 06, but the dealership said they were due in October.
The first thing I learned about car salesmen is that they will say ANYTHING to make a sale, and they NEVER want to wait on making a sale (even if it's a sure thing). I'm not saying he's wrong in this case, but I do think he's telling you that because he thinks it'll influence your decision to buy now rather than wait -- and not because he knows they're really coming in October. All that being said, I'll take October over November or December (like last year) but I'd rather see them in September!
Old 07-28-2005 | 12:24 AM